Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Breeding Could Be Better And It Wouldn't Be Too Hard To Get It There.

Blatantfool

But at least consider other players as well. 

I was. It is important sometimes for someone to be honest enough to point out when someone is being too sensitive or taking something too seriously.

I was just being honest about how I see it. I see it a lot like this...

Kubrow are no more animals then Tamagotchi. It is awesome if you get one you really like and grow a little attached to having it around - but to be so sensitive that the idea of releasing Kubrow into the wild in order to keep a complex breeding chain going is just a little too much. It is making a mountain of a molehill.

Besides, who even said 'kill them'? Both myself and a few other posters in the thread all seem to agree that for my idea to really work the game would have to have a system added for releasing Kubrow without them having to die off. As the game is now the idea of a breeding chain would require you to take a Kubrow into a mission and getting it killed again and again until permadeath happens.  This is both a waste of time from a gameplay standpoint AND I'd be inclined to agree it is a little wrong to intentionally lead an AI animal companion to death over and over.

Adding the ability to click a button to 'Release into the Lotus' care' is much more agreeable all around. 

The way I see things, it is easier to be really attached to a companion you put real work into. Farming away as you perfect the companion that suits your sense of style and gameplay best. Maybe you are the kind of guy who wants a Kubrow with a Dalmatian-like Fur pattern. Maybe you want a Tiger-like Kubrow. Maybe you want a red Kubrow with yellow spots. Maybe you want him to be a solid shade of red. Doesn't really matter. DNA Imprint by DNA Imprint, Egg by egg, you and any of your friends all contribute to one long, awesome extended heritage of a ton of Kubrow that all add up to the one you'll keep forever as your go-to buddy. 

And you never know. Maybe while you are breeding you get a Kubrow with traits you didn't even know you'd love as much as you do. In pursuit of one goal you get something else amazing. That is two Kubrow buddies you'll end up sticking with! Therein lies the idea. Making it easy and desirable to breed and to have all kinds of cool stuff happen.

I was referring to your response to Eremes's statement about killing hundreds of Kubrows and destroying their dens to get a chance at a Kubrow egg. 

I see. We had a bit of miss-communication. Though I suppose that is just fine, It managed to egg me into clearing up my thoughts on the issues surrounding the topic even more. 

Alright, well even then. I think it's all the same. That is the sort of concession you are bound to have to make because it is a game and it'll expect you to do game things to succeed.

I see. We had a bit of miss-communication. Though I suppose that is just fine, It managed to egg me into clearing up my thoughts on the issues surrounding the topic even more. 

Alright, well even then. I think it's all the same. That is the sort of concession you are bound to have to make because it is a game and it'll expect you to do game things to succeed.

Or we could allow players to search the den instead of destroying it. At least for the more sensitive players, it would show them that DE(L) does care for almost every type of players. 

Or we could allow players to search the den instead of destroying it. At least for the more sensitive players, it would show them that DE(L) does care for almost every type of players. 

But destroying the Den gets the Kubrows off your back. They're hostile 100% of the time. Feral Kubrow are an enemy type. Why should it matter sparing them?

But destroying the Den gets the Kubrows off your back. They're hostile 100% of the time. Feral Kubrow are an enemy type. Why should it matter sparing them?

I think Feral Kubrows are Neutral until you either: 

1. Attack them. 

2. Get too close to their dens. 

3. Already attacked the Grineer. 

Then they get aggressive. 

And as for the reason why we should spare the dens, some players can be sensitive about destroying homes despite killing off the occupants (as weird as that sounds, there are some people who have this set of morals), so might as well give an extra option so at least DE(L) can look a bit more ethical. 

I think Feral Kubrows are Neutral until you either: 

1. Attack them. 

2. Get too close to their dens. 

3. Already attacked the Grineer. 

Then they get aggressive. 

And as for the reason why we should spare the dens, some players can be sensitive about destroying homes despite killing off the occupants (as weird as that sounds, there are some people who have this set of morals), so might as well give an extra option so at least DE(L) can look a bit more ethical. 

I guess it is just difficult for me to think in the same way because of the disconnect I put between things in-game and any equivalent in real life.

Definitely agree, was going to make a topic on the subject of breeding myself (I've posted about it enough, since I breed animals as a hobby).

As noted, a sell/donation system or some such is also going to be necessary (people may have issues with releasing them into the wild, since they ostensibly can't survive it due to DNA degradation), since as it stands pups with traits you don't want clog up your stasis storage forevah. >:(

I also like that it tells which genes are recessive (if the previous system even modeled them, I have no idea, it was impossible to tell which is kinda important for a breeder to know). As the system currently stands, if Doge A has a pattern/color you like but you don't care for its body type, whereas the reverse holds true for Doge B and they happen to produce Doges C and D with undesirable colors/patterns/body type, the traits you're deliberately trying to encourage are lost with no way to continue and the entire bloodline's effectively gone extinct within just one generation and all you have to show for the effort is a pair of ugly mutts. :-( With this system, they still carry over for another attempt even if you don't get the desired product on one go.

Edited by Taranis49

Oh, can we make it so other players aren't our only source of getting imprints please? Please? I'd like alerts for imprints, or even special rare ones from the void. I mean they were trying to breed kubrows, so naturally there would be some imprints laying around from alert missions. And the kubrows were of the orokin era, so perhaps there would be some laying around. Maybe even special breeds that have less degredation, like the degredation cut in half or something.

Definitely agree, was going to make a topic on the subject of breeding myself (I've posted about it enough, since I breed animals as a hobby).

As noted, a sell/donation system or some such is also going to be necessary (people may have issues with releasing them into the wild, since they ostensibly can't survive it due to DNA degradation), since as it stands pups with traits you don't want clog up your stasis storage forevah. >:(

I also like that it tells which genes are recessive (if the previous system even modeled them, I have no idea, it was impossible to tell which is kinda important for a breeder to know). As the system currently stands, if Doge A has a pattern/color you like but you don't care for its body type, whereas the reverse holds true for Doge B and they happen to produce Doges C and D with undesirable colors/patterns/body type, the traits you're deliberately trying to encourage are lost with no way to continue and the entire bloodline's effectively gone extinct within just one generation and all you have to show for the effort is a pair of ugly mutts. :-( With this system, they still carry over for another attempt even if you don't get the desired product on one go.

Yeah. 

I think that really it comes down to wanting to set up a system that wouldn't give you everything you could ever want right away - but it makes it something that you can obtain with an amount of work that you could easily understand.

No having to tangle with odds that you don't actually know. A specific way that everything works is best. This should be something that Player Guides could be made to explain and that'd be all you need to get started.

I feel this way about it because, ultimately, Kubrows aren't something you have forever. They can die for good. If this is going to remain true then the amount of work it takes to get a specific sort Kubrow needs to be reasonably fair.

Oh, can we make it so other players aren't our only source of getting imprints please? Please? I'd like alerts for imprints, or even special rare ones from the void. I mean they were trying to breed kubrows, so naturally there would be some imprints laying around from alert missions. And the kubrows were of the orokin era, so perhaps there would be some laying around. Maybe even special breeds that have less degredation, like the degredation cut in half or something.

I dunno about special version of the Kubrow that don't degrade as much buuuut the idea of rare imprints as drops IS kinda neat. Perhaps they could be a possibility in Void Treasure Rooms.