Update 7.7.3: Level Expansions And New Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

Not gonna lie... This is ALL great... ESPECIALLY the Ghost cloaking and those annoying Laser Doors (which a large majority fails to know that cameras control the doors).

So not to sound ungrateful (You guys are GREAT for working through what seems to be a whole plethora of problems)-but is the elemental damage for Bolto, Akbolto, and Paris going to be fixed? The elemental mods do not seem to work (both in damage and in appearance) with bolt type weapons (in multiplayer at least)

Ive been dying looking to see if there is a fix for these other than:

A) HAVING to be the host for a game or,

B) Playing Solo...

Either way, Ive just gotta say I am impressed with how you guys pull through all of these issues that seem to arise.

-Time to start playing hehe.

I managed to get in 3 games before being booted and locked out. As Host, everything worked (good they didnt break anything). On one game as client, I was definitely at least doing cold elemental damage (but it was tolstoj and I had Serration on so was one shotting everything anyways, but the bodies were getting the cold snare effect on them). On the other, a Saturn alert mission, I was just doing base damage again, no elemental or ap effect. Felt like my reload/RoF mod wasn't working either.

So maybe they tried to fix it, and its just not quite working yet, hence it not being in the patch notes? It's a pretty big issue so I cant imagine them not working on it at all.

So maybe they did try to fix this and its still buggy, or?

You know what's awesome?

Walking into a room of grineer (we're talking levels 1-5) and having your shields vanish in an instant.

On a level 30 warframe.

Now THAT is awesome.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I kind of like that they did that, it really forced me to study their movements and use skills correctly.

Still needs a fix though because anything below a maxed out Frame is gonna get butchered xD

Yeah I agree. Of the three factions the Grineer were the stupidly easiest before this patch. I could just take my time without even taking cover and aim for headshots with a Paris even in level 15-ish missions. Now, because they keep their distance and fire in full auto, they require a different tactice for dealing with. The big rooms are insane lol. You really have to move around a lot or have some other way of dealing with distant targets without standing still or being without cover.

This made the game a bit more enjoyable for me.

Ok, servers back up. I hope this works.

Hey Steve.

Are you guys going to buy moar hamster soon? Just like.. You know... Two cubic tons worth of hamsters?

You guys are growing really fast, I don't think the hamster will handle it much more if you just keep fixing and fixing.

Hey Steve.

Are you guys going to buy moar hamster soon? Just like.. You know... Two cubic tons worth of hamsters?

You guys are growing really fast, I don't think the hamster will handle it much more if you just keep fixing and fixing.

Someone suggested pink shorts on the hamsters to handle the traffic ... its working!

Hey, thank you for your work on this update. New weapons, new maps, it as awesome!

However with any changes, there are the "happy" and the "unhappy" people... i'd like to try to comment some of the changes you decided on while staying neutral and asking a bit more details on what motivated your choices.

- Increased weapon critical chance for all weapons

While this is pretty nice for us, i personally thought that the critical chances were already fair for the few weapons i have tested yet. The improvement obtained with a MOD was was also blatant. But i always thought Warframe would be a game where improving your own aiming skills should prevale upon luck from critical chance... Can you explain what motivated this choice?

- Shifting mod rarity to balance the the distribution better (too many rares before).

While this is probably going to make our gamer lives easier with less farming to obtain the rare MODs... It is a double edge sword as it reduces the lifetime of the total game (finnishing all missions and possessing everything). On top of that, having much less rare cards will make your purchassable MODs packs even less appealing than they already were and i thought you would have planned to get some income from those (ok, it's a free game but you gotta pay the rent like everyone else and we do not want to ever see you go bankrupt and shutting down Warframe!).
Were there really so many people complaing that they did not want to extensively farm for mods?

Thank you for taking the time of reading this, have a great day and sorry for the spelling mistakes (english isn't my native language).