Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2Nd Warframe Suggestions?

AuraDesru

Question

I really enjoy being offensive and all out. I've been thinking about trying to get Ember, Nyx, or Valkyr..

I want to get Valkyr just because of her armor but I've heard she's not the greatest 2nd frame to start out with. Any opinions?

17 answers to this question

Rhino is very forgiving, but not fun if you want a unique playstyle. Try Nova if you want that glass cannon explosion offensive frame. If not, my next suggestion is zephyr, an Excalibur with greater mobility and utility, perfect for people who want to be fast and deadly.

I'm also looking at frames that I could build from the planets I currently have. All I have to do is complete mars to get to juipter to get valkyr..

Is valkyr not a good frame?

My personal opinion

Get valkyr!

She's very fun and extremely tanky while being able to pack a punch.

By far my favorite frame.

Nyx, while one of the better frames  for the harder mission such as t3 and t4, she really doesn't do much for you in lower level misions

Ember is one of the better frames Vs infested

Valkyr is an EXCELLENT warframe, one of my best two, but she works best once you've started getting a bunch of particularly rare mods like Rage, so you might want to wait until you've got a few more levels under your belt. Rhino's available early and incredibly solid, if defensive (he's the other one of my best ;D). Ember's an exceptionally good offensive warframe, and super fun too :) Just be careful, you're made of tissue paper.

I second Rhino, there's no place, no party where it feels useless or wrong to use it and if you want to play nightmore mode it's usually one of the safest picks.

But here are my favorites, and some of the most requested frames for pretty much everything in the game:

Nekros, to farm for your own S#&$ and survivals.

Nova, clears entire waves by itself, possibly the only damage frame that scales well into late game, antimatter drop scales with your weapon for 1m damage explosions, M.Prime is a CC, always useful, AoE damage, always decent and most importantly it doubles damage on targets, which also scales with any weapons you might have.

Nyx, same as nova, great CC, scales with enemy damage (they shoot themselves, or you return it to them) and makes Vor easy mode, possibly my safest frame for T4 and also my favorite.

Loki, perma invis gives it safety, gives it damage, disarm makes it good against anything but infested

Vauban, king of dark sectors.

Keep in mind that all of these frames require rare mods to be effective so they might not be the best choice as a 2nd frame.

I'm also looking at frames that I could build from the planets I currently have. All I have to do is complete mars to get to juipter to get valkyr..

Is valkyr not a good frame?

Valkyr is... difficult to play without the right mods, and requires a lot more strategic thinking than you would expect. I'd put her as a higher-tier warframe with a middle level skill ceiling. I'd hold off until I get Rage, maxed Steel Fiber, etc. Don't get me wrong, she's an excellent frame, but not new-player friendly.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Valkyr has no crowd control.

A Zipline for trolling (I get pulled around on Defence like it's not even funny)

and only 1 useful ability (Hysteria)

It's a solo player frame. Rhino was my 2nd frame (After the starter) and is usually everyones second. I still use Rhino as my #1 Frame (Now it's just Primed)

But thats just my personal input

My personal opinion

Get valkyr!

She's very fun and extremely tanky while being able to pack a punch.

By far my favorite frame.

Nyx, while one of the better frames  for the harder mission such as t3 and t4, she really doesn't do much for you in lower level misions

Ember is one of the better frames Vs infested

I can agree with Valkyr being fun and all, but I highly suggest against Valkyr. Valkyr is much like Loki in that she requires resources to really stand a chance. Unless you somehow have a bunch of rare mods and maxxed out your steel fiber and vitality mods, I do not suggest getting Valkyr as your second warframe. That be said, do consider getting Valkyr in the future once you have obtained more resources.

Mirage.

Double your DPS; new players surely would want that. Not only that, her 4th ability's blind is very useful against some bosses (I usually use Nyx & mind control for T4 Vor, but Mirage's blind works just as well).

Nyx, would be the choice if you can't make Mirage. Chaos is your win button (most of the time; you can get downed while casting). Although if you're really new and don't have Fleeting Expertise or streamline, maybe you'll find Nyx not so great.

Like most of the other people here said, get Rhino if you're soloing.

I really enjoy being offensive and all out. I've been thinking about trying to get Ember, Nyx, or Valkyr..

I want to get Valkyr just because of her armor but I've heard she's not the greatest 2nd frame to start out with. Any opinions?

The only real issue with Valkyr is that you've probably been maxing out your redirection for future use with 90% of your frames.

Valkyr with redirection is pretty much a wasted slot and you'd have to shift to maxing your Steel Fiber instead (useful for the other 10%).

For that sole reason i'd choose another frame for early game.

Nyx, would be the choice if you can't make Mirage. Chaos is your win button (most of the time; you can get downed while casting). Although if you're really new and don't have Fleeting Expertise or streamline, maybe you'll find Nyx not so great.

I would be concerned with Nyx and Chaos of giving away too much XP as a newish player.  If the bad guys are killing each other you get no benefit from it other than staying alive.

Rhino is the safe, smart choice that won't be slowed done by a lack of high end mods.

Valkyr has no crowd control.

A Zipline for trolling (I get pulled around on Defence like it's not even funny)

and only 1 useful ability (Hysteria)

It's a solo player frame. Rhino was my 2nd frame (After the starter) and is usually everyones second. I still use Rhino as my #1 Frame (Now it's just Primed)

But thats just my personal input

Errr...

1.Hysteria - while prior to u14 it was a usless locked state used as oh-S#&$ and "I need medic" button(and to run nightmare missions ofc.). A lot more fun and useful after u14 but still (I personally use it to level up my mastery only weapons on interception or dark sectors)

2. Ripline - while it's fun to troll people and pull them around it can be used for higher mobility and killing weaker enemies but that's about it.

And you said no CC huh ???

3. Paralysis - Drains some of your shields and stuns enemies for x seconds around you while also does bit of damage and gives "stealth" attack option on stunned enemies. It's might have it's uses but no one really uses it.

4. Warcry - my fav valkyr skill. Boosts melee attack speed and armor to all allies in range and slows all the enemies both buff and debuff strength/duration are affected by strenght/duration mods and range for range ofc. While not as great CC as nova's molecular prime or vaubans vortex it's still ok since it's more of a melee frame anyway.

But to answer OPs question for starters even tho I don't like him that much(Loki Fan Alert) I'd  say...

...go for Rhino. Like others before for me said it's the most forgiving frame whit iron skin making you immune to cc and absorbs x amount of damage before it breaks, with rhinos roar boosting your rifle damage and that stomp for AoE takedown and n1 skill that can be used for mobility. Also Rhino uses V aura polarity which means you can put in rifle amp aura to get a bit more damage on your primary to compensate for not having high rank damage mods.(or steel charge for melee damage)

Both Nyx and Ember are made of tissue paper so they're not that forgiving when you make mistakes. while on nyx, abosrb is useful on endless defense against infested and Chaos for everything else I wouldn't state her exactly as a beginner frame. And for ember while fun as well really sqiuishy tho her abilities are quite effective on low levels.

Also for solo play and especially for beginners Alad V(boss who drops valkyr) is pain to farm while...

-Jackal(rhino) who can still a pain on low levels it's a lot easier(shoot for legs 1st, hide behind pillars, kill dem ospreys).

-Phorid(Nyx) only pops during infested invasions tho quite often it might be on planets not accessible to you but over all not that hard to kill.

-And General Sargas Ruk(Ember) well if you don't know the tactics he's quite difficult since he's invulnerable on 90% of his body armor and that flame blast is just plain annoying.

But imho if you want purely offensive frame and if you can access Europa.....go for Nova it was my 2nd frame and I didn't regret slapping my 1st potato on her. While Molecular prime used be a lot better she's still an awesome and one of the best frames.

Edited by Fenum

"I really enjoy being offensive and all out"

are you talking about the way you play, eg "Running at things and getting in their faces"

or do you want a warframe with offensive powers, that can clear a map?

Ember is just bad, esp with poor mods, avoid for now.

Nyx may require more game knowledge and mods to bring out her full potential, and is more of a play-style adjustment

Valkyr has good armor, but low shields mean your forced to play on health, which may not be your cup of tea. she is also a little bit of a 1 trick pony, and is not the best frame to bring to a boss fight.

Have you considered Volt, he has strong shields for flanking, melee and runspeed bonus, for charging into stuff, a strong AOE +Stun for control, and a decent nuke on his 1.

as Offensive frames go, Especially at low levels he is a good choice, if only because of the 450 shields.

Rhino is a solid N00by frame as he is very simple and easy to use, and while he doesn't really scale well, at low level he is a beast, but he will teach bad habbits, and you may struggle to move to your 3rd frame because he is so strong at low levels.

Personally I think Nova is the only choice for offensive frame, because of the huge amounts of raw damage she brings, but she has tiny shields, and as a second frame could be very annoying and very hard to use with limited mods.

Mirage?