Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino ... O_O ?

o_HiTMaN_o

Question

18 answers to this question

He is rather tanky and i find his abilities rather useful, even though his Charge is not as powerful as the slash&dash of calibur... he's just too skinny, I'd love to have an alternative model based on the 'Warfriends' Version of Rhino.

Edit:

Poster above me sums it up nicely. +1

Edited by Feindfeuer

Not really fond of his 3rd skill, i have fragor which does same basicly. Other skills suit him decently.

Did i mentioned his 4th skill "stuns" even boss units. Just don't try it on Ceres boss, she will shake your screen till you get sick.

Edited by Morgax

Maybe you want slash dash on Rhino with Invisibility and Volt's Sprint?

He's a freaking Gibraltar Rock who can immune damage and control effects, he doesn't need to be fast for those obvious reasons. He's given tankines because he's supposed to not outrun infested / rollers etc, but stay and soak dmg while dealing dmg and keeping the mobs distracted from rest of group :)

Hes pretty damn useful due to the fact you can stand in a group of toxic ancients and laugh it all off for 15 seconds at most. His charge attack can be used to stun mobs or kill weaker ones. His third ability seems to be kind of weak while his 4th can make your enemies stay in the air and basically get finished by other frames or buy some time.

the only thing thats lackluster in Rhino is the 3rd skill imho since its scales terribly but iron skin and rhino stomp are both epic at max levels with mods and rhino dash still has its uses even tho it wont do much damage at higher levels

With the exception of iron skin (which is god mode), the rhino's skills excel at crowd control.  Don't expect to kill everything around you with just abilities, but you can divert aggro from teammates.  You can't necessarily attract it to yourself, which would be nice, but if you play with that in mind, you may find the skills more useful.

edit: it's getting harder and harder to not get ninja'd on these forums.. lol

Edited by Yorinar

Did not have a chance to play rhino.. Does he has stomping sounds when he walks ? Like hulk ? cause he definatly needs that. Then you won't complain about his speed, cuz he will be a frigging tank.

Edited by Unibot

Hello Tennos am i the only 1 finding rhino need to be fixed \ bufed ? i think comparing ti the " heaviest warframaE " his abilites must be kinf of stronger more usefull

i loled, What other heavy warframe ?

Frost is caster oriented, he needs better spells. Rhino is kinda tank and spank and do it very well.

His charge is not underpower at all, it is not slash dash and doesnt serve the same purpose. Remember rhino is slower than the average due to his uber stats, and charge give him the extra mobility, with damage and CC. Maxed/moded and with the right melee weapon this skill is already great.

Ironskin is just TOO powerful, i mean cmon : spamable 50 power spell granting total immunity with 0 drawback, I never seen this in anygame before, for a good reason. Maxed and moded this thing alone can carry rhino anywhere : 17s godmod with free shield regen + low cost meeh.

Radial blast, ok you have it this one is crap since a scindo with frost mod do way better for 0 power, rework this one please, atleast you are not forced to use it and can spend your power on more useful stuff

Rhino stomp, this skill shines in group play and works on most bosses ...

So I am sorry but nah rhino is too OP to ask for a buff. A rework might be a good idea but other frames are more in the hurry than this one.

i understand guys .... another warframes should be fixe but plz rework the 3rd ability of rhino and make it MORE detructive ( overpower ) to cuz he is the heaviest warframe !! so make him a bit different or dont make it overpower just make the area of effect greater and make more damage !!!

i understand guys .... another warframes should be fixe but plz rework the 3rd ability of rhino and make it MORE detructive ( overpower ) to cuz he is the heaviest warframe !! so make him a bit different or dont make it overpower just make the area of effect greater and make more damage !!!

I'm a little hesitant on asking for a buff to his 3, given how useful his other abilities already are (as the posts above have nicely summarized). Keep on asking for MORE DESTRUCTIVE and all of a sudden we're going to start getting "NERF RHINO" threads all over the place. And we don't want that.

I actually do use his 3 as my "oh christ there are rollers everywhere this is awful" panic button and it works okay for that. It might be neat if it were replaced (Or if an alternate ability were added, as they hinted might be a possibility in the last livestream) by some sort of AoE taunt, though.

Edited by Thor

I'm a little hesitant on asking for a buff to his 3, given how useful his other abilities already are (as the posts above have nicely summarized). Keep on asking for MORE DESTRUCTIVE and all of a sudden we're going to start getting "NERF RHINO" threads all over the place. And we don't want that.

I actually do use his 3 as my "oh christ there are rollers everywhere this is awful" panic button and it works okay for that. It might be neat if it were replaced (Or if an alternate ability were added, as they hinted might be a possibility in the last livestream) by some sort of AoE taunt, though.

ok i understand now thanks ....

If you guys like iron skin so much, why not use Trinity?
The Link will reflect both damage and knockdowns/knockbacks back to enemy.
It cost 25 energy more but the max energy at level 30 for Trinity is 75 points more than Rhino.
Also Trinity other skills are more useful than Rhino such as energy vampire and blessing, making Trinity the ultimate tank.