Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubro Core Mechanic Fix

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Puppy Chow

- since DNA stabilizers are functionally the same as fuel or food I am going to refer to them as "food" and the need to use them as "hunger"

First off the system of buying Food to keep your pet alive should remain.  However, it should not be the only, or even the main, source of reducing your pet's hunger. DE's main goal seems to be getting people to log in to play with their pet. Many people have an issue with having to spend a lot on food because they are new or want to spend credits elsewhere.

The solution, simply allow kills scored by the Kubro to be counted as food.  Have each kill it gets reduce it's hunger by varying amounts, depending on what it kills.  This way, players can maintain its hunger just by playing with it, but if they don't feel like playing for a few days then they can just buy some food for it using credits. This also doesn't hurt DE's goal of getting people to log in more often.

The Perfect Dog

Allow players to buy Adult Kubros from other players, and everyone benefits.

Breeders can have their fun coming up with new combinations through breeding.  People that just want a specific type and color of Kubro can buy them off of a breeder. 

It gives players another "resource" to trade for plat.  Everyone wins, including DE.  Instead of paying Plat for a color pallete, you could buy plat and trade it to a breeder, that needs it for something like slots, getting the perfect Kubro you always wanted likely for cheaper than it would have costed otherwise. 

Obviously, you would be able to trade in game resources for them as well.  Raising multiple Kubro would probably be a huge hit on breeders' wallets so they might even be willing to trade for credits at times to keep their food reserves up.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Kubrow "food" is bad mechanic, it shouldn't stay at all, its playing a tamagochi game, that doesn't roll well in warframe.

Your second suggestion, would be like trading a fully built warframe, weapon, or prime, this is not the core mechanic of the game either, since 1 item would serve many ppl to just lvl to 30 and pass along.

Kubrow "food" is bad mechanic, it shouldn't stay at all, its playing a tamagochi game, that doesn't roll well in warframe.

Your second suggestion, would be like trading a fully built warframe, weapon, or prime, this is not the core mechanic of the game either, since 1 item would serve many ppl to just lvl to 30 and pass along.

That's why the eating mechanic was suggested it.  As long as you are playing with your Kubro then it won't need the food, because its kills would be the same as eating.

The idea is that an emotional attachment would be formed and the people buying them would be planning on keeping them.  It would be silly to buy one for plat, max its level, then just toss it away, and depending on how it was implemented, only one person would even be able to get the MR for leveling it.

Food is a decent mechanic, it doesn't need to be gotten rid of. Kubrows are the only fully organic being in our arsenal besides the Embolist and Tysis (and I'm pretty sure they eat ammo lol).

This is a decent suggestion to rid the need to pay for nourishment for your Kubrow. Basically, you play with the kubrow, he kills stuff and replenishes his hunger on his own. If you don't play with him, the system that is already in place takes back into effect. It's win win.

Although, if people are truly opposed to trading adult Kubrows, why not make their puppies available for trade?

Edited by Kestral9999

I personally would not like the first suggestion (eating Infested meat does feel a bit off-putting to me), but I do see the value of it (and it could possibly work, to an extent). 

As for the second suggestion, I cannot comment since I really do not care about cosmetics and such (maybe except for that Tengu Zephyr helmet. That, I think, is very off-putting). 

Edited by Renegade343

I personally would not like the first suggestion (eating Infested meat does feel a bit off-putting to me), but I do see the value of it (and it could possibly work, to an extent).

How so?  Engineering a pet that can naturally deal with vermin seems pretty awesome to me.  Kubro killing eating Infested safely is like cats killing and eating mice.

How so?  Engineering a pet that can naturally deal with vermin seems pretty awesome to me.  Kubro killing eating Infested safely is like cats killing and eating mice.

I did say I do not like it personally, but the idea itself is alright. 

After all, at the end of the day, I have my own opinions and wants. 

I am just asking you to explain why you find it off-putting in your opinion.

Well, having Kubrows eat human meat does cross the line slightly for me (and we have already murdered quite a bit of feral Kubrows and dens to get the Kubrow and the associated mods in the first place, so might as well stop there), not to mention the fact that Infested meat does not go down too well with Kubrows (after all, we do not know if it would infect the Kubrow when eaten [since the Virus is entering the body in a different way than breathing the spores in], not to mention the fact that it would probably be rather rotten and disgusting to eat). 

There is absolutely no way DE will allow selling companions\build weapons\frames etc, it will ruin mechanics. Dont argue, its just basic logic. Selling CORRECT blueprint (aka DNA imprint) for a kubrow, instead of daum unreliable breeding system is a GO-GO, but I dont think we`ll see it in closest releases...

And, sorry for being sarcastic maybe, but DNA stabilizers are not FOOD, its DNA stabilizer... because we breed a genetically enchanced kubrow from a feral egg, dont you think keeping its DNA together kinda hard? I agree that 100k for 6 dozes its too much, people will not pay this much for keeping a pet, its a fail strategy from DE, it will be fixed soon. I hope. But use maths and find out, that its 100k for 12 days, so its 8333.(3) creds per day. Two-three runs. Just making a separate dozes for 15k creds each will solve the OMG-TOO-PRICEY problem.

Last - I agree, that dergadation is too fast, kubrows are way to unpredictable in breeding, but update is less than a week, give it at least a month, most of sharp edges will be fixed.

There is absolutely no way DE will allow selling companions\build weapons\frames etc, it will ruin mechanics. Dont argue, its just basic logic. Selling CORRECT blueprint (aka DNA imprint) for a kubrow, instead of daum unreliable breeding system is a GO-GO, but I dont think we`ll see it in closest releases...

And, sorry for being sarcastic maybe, but DNA stabilizers are not FOOD, its DNA stabilizer... because we breed a genetically enchanced kubrow from a feral egg, dont you think keeping its DNA together kinda hard? I agree that 100k for 6 dozes its too much, people will not pay this much for keeping a pet, its a fail strategy from DE, it will be fixed soon. I hope. But use maths and find out, that its 100k for 12 days, so its 8333.(3) creds per day. Two-three runs. Just making a separate dozes for 15k creds each will solve the OMG-TOO-PRICEY problem.

Last - I agree, that dergadation is too fast, kubrows are way to unpredictable in breeding, but update is less than a week, give it at least a month, most of sharp edges will be fixed.

I think that they might.  They have never had living creatures as an option before.  I think that trading puppies would fit well with the game. I am not saying everything should be tradeable after it is built though.  Besides, these proposed changes would do what they want too (keep players coming back to the game to take care of their Kubros), but it would do it in a more fun and engaging way, which would likely make it more effective as well.

This seems to work to me. It rewards actually using your kubrow, which is something sadly lacking in the current system. What would happen with loyalty though? Would that stay the same as is?

I think Loyalty is fine the way it is.  I think what needs to be improved is Kubro bleed out indicators and bleed out times.

Because buying cancer treatment needles is so much better, Huh?

I think that they might.  They have never had living creatures as an option before.  I think that trading puppies would fit well with the game. I am not saying everything should be tradeable after it is built though.  Besides, these proposed changes would do what they want too (keep players coming back to the game to take care of their Kubros), but it would do it in a more fun and engaging way, which would likely make it more effective as well.

I think Loyalty is fine the way it is.  I think what needs to be improved is Kubro bleed out indicators and bleed out times.

I'd like to see a bit of an overhaul to loyalty. Right now it doesn't feel like I'm taking care of my space doge, it feels like I'm performing routine maintenance on a machine.

They obviously wanted kubrows to be a pet sim so they should just make them one already.

I'd like to see a bit of an overhaul to loyalty. Right now it doesn't feel like I'm taking care of my space doge, it feels like I'm performing routine maintenance on a machine.

They obviously wanted kubrows to be a pet sim so they should just make them one already.

That is a fair point.  I was talking about the way it is lost, which I think is fine.  The way it is restored could probably use an overhaul.

Pretty much this. Annoyance mechanics need to be removed.