The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Kubrow Are You Formaing?

TheGuy08

Are you doing it based on breed or look?

Are you going to fully forma it (6 forma) or just a few for damage mods?

Are you not formaing one due to the cost or perceived uselessness of kubrows?

For me it I am formaing my Sunika. It works best with my "Kubrow friendly", Excal build (no need for mass CC or Stealth). Looks have a small bit to do with it.

So how about you all which one and why? Keep it civil not about measuring dog size just wondering who is willing to do it.

well I already potatoed my firstborn (sunika, male) and as I continue fusing the mods to the max i am probably going to forma it, its not a very good looking kubrow but I stick to the thought that the firs one is always special :DD I am also probably going to forma my huras for some harder missions, it seems to be very handy with such frequent invisibility and quite decent attack power.

None.

Not until there's something like a DNA Forge to actually customize your Kubrow the way you want it. Currently they are not worth any Potato or Forma because of the maintenance costs, the limited/unpredictable outcome of Breeding and their questionable advantages over Sentinels.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-feedback-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-major-changes/

None.

Not until there's something like a DNA Forge to actually customize your Kubrow the way you want it. Currently they are not worth any Potato or Forma because of the maintenance costs, the limited/unpredictable outcome of Breeding and their questionable advantages over Sentinels.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-feedback-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-major-changes/

I can understand this but I have said time and time again I really can't see the argument about maintenance cost as anything other than abject laziness or misinformation on the part of any vet. There are dark sectors for a reason. 

Beside that I think you have a point. Unlike sentinels you have to build your frames weapons etc around the kubrow to maximize it's usefulness. 

Even now I wont take my Nyx out with a kubrow. Carrier and sweeper are much more useful. 

I can understand this but I have said time and time again I really can't see the argument about maintenance cost as anything other than abject laziness or misinformation on the part of any vet. There are dark sectors for a reason. 

Beside that I think you have a point. Unlike sentinels you have to build your frames weapons etc around the kubrow to maximize it's usefulness. 

Even now I wont take my Nyx out with a kubrow. Carrier and sweeper are much more useful. 

Personally I don't have any problems with the maintenance costs, but the beginner/average player sure does. Not everyone is a Veteran storing 5+ million Credits :D

The usefulness is personal preference I think... I'm still in favor of my Carrier because with a 3-4 times forma'd Sweeper it's like a Brakk into the face for most enemies and it constantly fires ahead, while the Kubrows only attack once you attack or you're being attacked. xD

Also the Sentinels are not so dumb to go melee on a Toxic Ancient... My Kubrow died in the third mission because it went face to face with a toxic ancient and I couldn't call it off... xD

Edited by MeduSalem

Personally I don't have any problems with the maintenance costs, but the beginner/average player sure does. Not everyone is a Veteran storing 5+ million Credits :D

The usefulness is personal preference I think... I'm still in favor of my Carrier because with a 3-4 times forma'd Sweeper it's like a Brakk into the face for most enemies and it constantly fires ahead, while the Kubrows only attack once you attack or you're being attacked. xD

Also the Sentinels are not so dumb to go melee on a Toxic Ancient... My Kubrow died in the third mission because it went face to face with a toxic ancient and I couldn't call it off... xD

New player do not need it handed out them right off the back and honestly I have 10k credits and just took a couple hours over 2 days and framed half a mil. Literally an hour a day. It isn't that hard and even if you do not have uber weapons any new player can enter a dark sector in public and likely get carried. Like others have mentioned the argon and other mats pretty much means kubrow are looked to player who have been around more than an hour as it is.

A well modded sentinel should do more damage on multiple targets. I am thinking one we see full modded kubrows with bite and maul maxed well see strong DPS from the kubrows as well.  Kubrows also have the advantage/disadvantage of being the weapon and the "frame" rolled into one.

Like I said in another post you have to mod your frame for the kubrow. this should really be you need to mod your frame for melee with the kubrow. Usually on Excal if I stun and have pack leader plus life strike it is hard for him to go down or me in that scenario. Ichors hits so fast and the damage bonus from the blindness usually keeps the kubrow topped off. Imho if you do not mod the frame/weapons with the kubrow in mind then a sentinel is definitely the better option.

Forma'ing all of them for lolz and the potential future mods to come. Many forma needed to have all mods maxed on them.

Then it'll be 1 to 2 injections a week for upkeep. As they will have so much health to spare anyway.

Now they just need to fix the poker machine so we can make them look how we want without the money pit.

Well to be honest, why forma it, when you can have as many kubrows as you want, Stasis chambers only cost 10p, thats like 1 rare mods maxed on trading post/channel and even then you could get 2 stasis chambers from that.

You do not make any sense. If I want you want to use a kubrow with maxed mobs you'll need to forma it. I have 5 slots 4 kubrows so far. Even wit that i choose one with the right breed for my playstyle (sunika in my case) and started formaing it. I ma not sure what stasis chambers has to do with it.

I already formaed (and potatoed) my Sunika just to get all mods there with only 5 rank Links. Raksa seems to be doing fine without Forma, but soon will need an upgrade when I get around to fusing mods again.

So... probably all of them. Will need at least 2 forma on each of 4 different breeds.

New player do not need it handed out them right off the back and honestly I have 10k credits and just took a couple hours over 2 days and framed half a mil. Literally an hour a day. It isn't that hard and even if you do not have uber weapons any new player can enter a dark sector in public and likely get carried. Like others have mentioned the argon and other mats pretty much means kubrow are looked to player who have been around more than an hour as it is.

A well modded sentinel should do more damage on multiple targets. I am thinking one we see full modded kubrows with bite and maul maxed well see strong DPS from the kubrows as well.  Kubrows also have the advantage/disadvantage of being the weapon and the "frame" rolled into one.

Like I said in another post you have to mod your frame for the kubrow. this should really be you need to mod your frame for melee with the kubrow. Usually on Excal if I stun and have pack leader plus life strike it is hard for him to go down or me in that scenario. Ichors hits so fast and the damage bonus from the blindness usually keeps the kubrow topped off. Imho if you do not mod the frame/weapons with the kubrow in mind then a sentinel is definitely the better option.

Yupp... Basically you are right. :D