Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Remove Dark Sectors Or Disable?

Buutterss

DDoS attacks have nothing to do with dark sectors.

Also, OP, there's a simple solution: just don't click on those nodes. Why would you want a toggle? That's like saying you want a toggle for sabotage missions or something.

@SeaUrchins , basically what  I meant. If hypothetically these attacks are by a certain clan for gain of a certain Dark Sector, well, no DS, no DDoS? At least test it? No harm. It is possible that these, of course if they even are DDoS attacks, could have everything to do with DS.

Edited by Buutterss

@SeaUrchins , basically what  I meant. If hypothetically these attacks are by a certain clan for gain of a certain Dark Sector, well, no DS, no DDoS? At least test it? No harm.

Simple fact is, no one knows who did it (Even if DE knew who did it they wouldn't tell us because it would be private information to be handled internally).

You might have suspicions about who did it, but using coincidental events as evidence to launch a witchhunt against other players, clans or alliances is NOT what the forums are for. It's shameful, abusive and disrespectful on your part.

Further topics saying that "Oh clan/alliance/player XYZ or ABC launched the DDoS" will not be tolerated. No one knows who did it, so stop accusing each other just because 'it seemed like a convenient coincidence', because that's all it was. Coincidence.

So please, for the sake of civility, stop making baseless accusations against each other. It creates false rumors and needless inflammatory posts and threads which have no business here on the forums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr Stop accusing each other. Stop asking if player/clan/alliance XYZ did it because no one knows and it's not our (the players') business to know.

You say that and it's not like they didn't prevent conflicts with dark sectors before we got U14.

I don't think they will despite all that. This isn't like a scheduled maintenance. They can't plan when the server will/ not be up.

I believe you misunderstood the purpose of my post. The poster I quoted stated, in response to the OP requesting a toggle, "So we don't get to deal with the DDoS crap every now and then.", as if there were a client side toggle to Dark Sectors, that this "DDoS" problem would be solved. Whereas, it would not, because Dark Sectors do not run on their own servers separate from the rest of the game, so if there was a DDoS attack, then everyone would be affected, regardless of if you had them toggled on or not. 

@Vaughan and that's why I didn't want to spell it out, but some couldn't get it.

Then you shouldn't have created this thread at all. DDoS has nothing to do with dark sectors, this is all baseless speculation. Hell, there's a sticky at the top of this forum called "Psa: Regarding The Ddos, Sechura And Those Responsible" which you should have at least noticed before you posted this.

I believe you misunderstood the purpose of my post. The poster I quoted stated, in response to the OP requesting a toggle, "So we don't get to deal with the DDoS crap every now and then.", as if there were a client side toggle to Dark Sectors, that this "DDoS" problem would be solved. Whereas, it would not, because Dark Sectors do not run on their own servers separate from the rest of the game, so if there was a DDoS attack, then everyone would be affected, regardless of if you had them toggled on or not. 

Oh okay. Statement retracted.

I think he meant the DDoS, even if he doesn't play them, DDoS still happens, no dark sectors=no DDoS. I think that's what the OP meant.

oh i see... ok i guess that makes sense.

btw....you took out the last part of my post and made it look like i was mean ;_; (i think)

btw....you took out the last part of my post and made it look like i was mean ;_; (i think)

>:D

Anyway, why would anyone DDoS over a dark sector? I don't see any significant benefits from owning it that would make anyone want to DDoS for it.

Seriously, once they get any clue, any leads as to who may have done it, permaban the entire guild.

Also make a warning announcement telling that this will happen so if they know or suspect anything suspicious they should leave their guild ASAP, if they want to keep their acc.

The entire thing?

I think that's a bit harsh, seeing as an alliance is consistent of many clans and recruits.

Just permaban whoever was responsible.

i honestly dont understand internet magic to much so not sure how DDoS affects people

it just keeps people from playing the game.  Some guys also try to hit up alerts(LIKE THE DAMN PULSE HELMET) and then we get Internet probies. 

It screws up the any time based mechanic(boosters and alerts mainly). It's an annoyance all around too.

Does that make sense to you?