The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrows] Build A Brow Workshop: Genetic Template Revamp + General Feedback

MonsieurZero

-snip-

Can i say that this is my favourite concept thus far?

2 reasons, first, you STILL need to hunt Kubrow Imprints around with friends and out in open market, and i'll admit, i had fun with the first set of imprints i got. It made me actually feel like i was hunting for genetic traits hidden within Kubrows and whatnot (And then i found out that the whole process is bullS#&$.)

Second, and this is important, BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE KUBROW YOU'LL GET! Hell, i love the idea of being able to select to use what trait from what imprint, it's amazingly convenient, but this part could be completely trashed and it would STILL be a vastly superior option because you don't get to just guess and hope at the new Print! If you just saw the resulting combination then maybe you could gauge either or not it's worth to waste the Print, and maybe you won't waste your time with another Kubrow you don't want!

Edited by ReiganCross

*snip*

Great mock-up! :) This interface is actually very similar to what I visualized for genetic templates as well, albeit with genetic input slots as opposed to selections. Your version coincides well with the current system, acting as a finalization process after the two genetic templates have been selected, and it allows the economy of genetic templates to remain viable; well done.

Second, and this is important, BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE KUBROW YOU'LL GET!

Agreed.

Edited by MonsieurZero

Anyway, with all due respect, I wish to decline your offer. However, I shall put a link to your thread on mine because of the similarities in design. It isn't much, but I hope it'll help keep your thread alive for a time. :)

Yupp, no problem with that... :D

Also added a link to your thread and the Megathread from noveltyhero... :D

Honestly, I've browsed a bit throught the forum and... Aside from this thread only a few are interesting, therefore if I find open minds I'll try tout throw them here.

And to be honest, I am sure DE is a lot more diving in the forum than a lot are thinking. That is to say, even if the thread seems dead at a point, continue your idea until you think it is completed, you might be seen.

At least you have my follow.

Edited by Cyriann

And to be honest, I am sure DE is a lot more diving in the forum than a lot are thinking. That is to say, even if the thread seems dead at a point, continue your idea until you think it is completed, you might be seen.

While I don't believe that DE never dives through the forms, it's just in acknowledging the sheer vastness of posts - particularly in General Feedback - that ignites my doubts and skepticism in this post ever being noticed. But be that as it may, I shall do what I can to continue the thread. :)

Uh... I don't think abortion in the traditional sense would be possible. xD

I mean, considering it's an egg that grows outside of the womb, perhaps the egg could be smashed and or incinerated before the incubation process is complete. Or, you could potentially give it to Javik and let him decide what to do with it... *random Mass Effect references*

JavikAirlock-00.jpg

Ahh!  I see what you did there...

:D

I wish I could like this idea, but with most of my kubrows only being grey and brown, I wouldn't get much out of this system. That and, I still feel that *rare* traits would get sold for crazy amounts as they do now. I say we should be able to customize them however we wish, but the catch is, altering their appearance and such should degrade their DNA integrity by a certain percentage. I do like MeduSalem's idea of extracting dominant/recessive genes, but i'd extend it to feral kubrows as well. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

I wish I could like this idea, but with most of my kubrows only being grey and brown, I wouldn't get much out of this system. That and, I still feel that *rare* traits would get sold for crazy amounts as they do now. I say we should be able to customize them however we wish, but the catch is, altering their appearance and such should degrade their DNA integrity by a certain percentage. I do like MeduSalem's idea of extracting dominant/recessive genes, but i'd extend it to feral kubrows as well. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

I agree with you on that. The market comprised of Kubrow fingerprints would most likely start off with unreasonable prices, similar to how prime pieces to the newest weapons and warframes are sold for ungodly amounts of platinum. Also, for those such as yourself with Kubrows that are only grey and brown, that is the reasoning behind the "complex choice". Kubrows that -while not showing rare traits such as black fur or lotus patterns- are capable of possessing them as inactive genetic traits, and thus one would be capable of obtaining said traits via fingerprinting. The only challenge would be dealing with RNG in order to obtain such genes as fingerprints.

It would be wonderful to be able to customize our Kubrows however we wished, simply at the cost of the use of genetic stabilizers. It is actually what I'd hoped for prior to U14. But... even being as easy and as beneficial a fix as it is, I see little way for DE to monetize that.

I also agree with MaduSalem's idea being viable for feral Kubrows as well, perhaps with such genes being obtainable via the use of scanners, exactly how toxin extracts were obtained for the Cicero Crisis event.

Edited by MonsieurZero

I agree with you on that. The market comprised of Kubrow fingerprints would most likely start off with unreasonable prices, similar to how prime pieces to the newest weapons and warframes are sold for ungodly amounts of platinum. Also, for those such as yourself with Kubrows that are only grey and brown, that is the reasoning behind the "complex choice". Kubrows that -while not showing rare traits such as black fur or lotus patterns- are capable of possessing them as inactive genetic traits, and thus one would be capable of obtaining said traits via fingerprinting. The only challenge would be dealing with RNG in order to obtain such genes as fingerprints.

It would be wonderful to be able to customize our Kubrows however we wished, simply at the cost of the use of genetic stabilizers. It is actually what I'd hoped for prior to U14. But... even being as easy and as beneficial a fix as it is, I see little way for DE to monetize that.

I also agree with MaduSalem's idea being viable for feral Kubrows as well, perhaps with such genes being obtainable via the use of scanners, exactly how toxin extracts were obtained for the Cicero Crisis event.

I'm happy that you were able to describe my thoughts rather well, for how vague they were. I'm not sure how we would be able to approach feral kubrows without having to kill them, but sadly we already do so for their eggs. Whatever it takes to produce our perfect little fuzz ball, I suppose. I'd still like to see a way for editing our currently full grown kubrows, however.

I'm happy that you were able to describe my thoughts rather well, for how vague they were. I'm not sure how we would be able to approach feral kubrows without having to kill them, but sadly we already do so for their eggs. Whatever it takes to produce our perfect little fuzz ball, I suppose. I'd still like to see a way for editing our currently full grown kubrows, however.

Yes, it is a dilly of a pickle. As far as I'm aware, stealth doesn't work with Kubrows, therefore scanning manually wouldn't seem viable. Although, bringing along a Helios Sentinel might do the trick, leaving one to jump around and dodge about until all the scans are obtained. And editing fully grown Kubrows, while it would be wonderful, it just.. doesn't seem to be realistic. I mean, of course it is science fiction and thus anything is fair play, however suspension of disbelief is also required in some manner. Then again, I know and understand little on the topic of Biology, so who am I to say what is plausible and what isn't? :P

Edited by MonsieurZero

Sooo at the end there you said you didn't add gender to the list of appearances because there identical, but I don't think they are. Medium Females have fluffy legs, puffed out chests and the rear legs might be bit thicker I believe. I could be wrong but I noticed all 11 of my fluffy leg kubrows were female and not a single male, and none of my males had fluffy legs. I Spent about 4 days checking forums about this just to be sure and other people have had the same results. Also it seems like only medium females look different from males. From pictures I've seen it looks like skinny build and large build females look the same as males.

I could be wrong about the whole thing but I have yet to see a male with fluffy legs anywhere and I think since it seems like gender does change the appearance it should be put in the guide. Even though it is only for 1 of 3 builds its still an appearance change. As for the difference in competence on the battlefield, I don't think there is a difference nor should there ever be for as long as fluffy legs and puffed out chest are restricted to females.

If one gender were to fight differently or more effectively then the other then that would limit people that prefer the appearance of the less effective gender. 

-snip-

Is that so? Well, whether you're right or wrong I must say I am impressed by your persistence to recognize such a subtle difference. While I only have a single male Kubrow and two females, I'll be sure to look into this. For the time being however, I shall assume you're correct in your evaluation, so I'll write up an edit. Thank you for the information.

And I doubt that DE would make one gender more effective than another... the last thing they'd want are a myriad of threads with arguing over the concept of gender superiority/inferiority. :P

Your welcome, glad I could help. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is if 2 male imprints from the same kubrow could result in a female offspring, or 2 females to a male if I should be so lucky to actually have my next attempt result in a female. Sadly it will take me a lot longer then 4 days to figure this one out, since I have rarely seen any posts about using 2 imprints from the same kubrow. 2 more long days until he is finally matured and I can retry. This is more a topic for another thread since its more along the lines of figuring out the current system rather than improving it.

Your welcome, glad I could help. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is if 2 male imprints from the same kubrow could result in a female offspring, or 2 females to a male if I should be so lucky to actually have my next attempt result in a female. Sadly it will take me a lot longer then 4 days to figure this one out, since I have rarely seen any posts about using 2 imprints from the same kubrow. 2 more long days until he is finally matured and I can retry. This is more a topic for another thread since its more along the lines of figuring out the current system rather than improving it.

The use of two imprints from the same Kubrow will result in an identical copy of that Kubrow; a clone basically. I've given some clannies pairs of imprints from a couple of my Kubrows and this is the result they received. And no worries, this thread has slowly began to evolve from Kubrow system improvements into Kubrow Q&A anyway. :P

• 4 weeks later...