The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Fire Or Corrosive Blast In Void?

ReaperSticks

Question

15 answers to this question

Corrosive against Heavy gunners armor, fire against Heavy Gunners flesh. The void build is focused against the Heavy gunners unless you have a team with full corrosive projection aura, in that case building weapons and killing would be much much easier because you removed the armor factor entirely.

Edited by SilverHazzes

COrrosive and Blast of dual ichors is OP. High status chance coupled with stupid attack speed means you take out armor quickly and your enemy ends up on the ground for a finisher that does insane damage for the kill. 

Blast can be annoying if you don't like having to shoot at downed enemies. 

Cold is a good substitute for high impact damage.

In high level void blast is almost a must for the CC, as many have already said. In lower levels though cold/other damage increases will be more effective. In the higher levels damage doesn't matter. Only utility does and blast is great utility.

Edited by SciKnight

Corrosive+fire

Cold is not a good option since corrupted crewmen, drones and lancers die pretty easily, you want corrosive to defeat heavy gunners and ancients, fire will make gunners take more damage and you still deal a lot to lancers, cold also has that drawback against ancients so don't try that combo.

this also works well against infested, so its a dual anti-faction build

Edited by 9tailboy

Eeh. People go on and on about Fire dealing more damage to Gunners but if you aren't stacking CP auras really only Corrosive is doing any significant damage.

90% Fire does 14.8% damage to level 50 Gunners. 90% Cold deals 11.8% damage. The difference is tiny - the vast majority of your damage comes from Corrosive. Adding 60% Corrosive is a far better option - Fire and Cold should only be added after that. With 300% Corrosive installed, adding 90% Fire instead of 90% cold is a 1.26% damage increase to a level 50 gunner. Whoop Dee Doo. On the other hand, adding Cold is a 5.2% damage increase against Lancers and a 9.2% damage bump against Shields.

The reason the top build for Boltor Prime uses 4 90% elements without caring about the elements created is it's all about showing the potential raw DPS of the weapon, ignoring elemental modifiers.

A good setup for Void is: As much Corrosive as you can get to deal with Gunners. *Then* add 90% Cold to help with Corpus and Lancer units.

Eeh. People go on and on about Fire dealing more damage to Gunners but if you aren't stacking CP auras really only Corrosive is doing any significant damage.

90% Fire does 14.8% damage to level 50 Gunners. 90% Cold deals 11.8% damage. The difference is tiny - the vast majority of your damage comes from Corrosive. Adding 60% Corrosive is a far better option - Fire and Cold should only be added after that. With 300% Corrosive installed, adding 90% Fire instead of 90% cold is a 1.26% damage increase to a level 50 gunner. Whoop Dee Doo. On the other hand, adding Cold is a 5.2% damage increase against Lancers and a 9.2% damage bump against Shields.

The reason the top build for Boltor Prime uses 4 90% elements without caring about the elements created is it's all about showing the potential raw DPS of the weapon, ignoring elemental modifiers.

A good setup for Void is: As much Corrosive as you can get to deal with Gunners. *Then* add 90% Cold to help with Corpus and Lancer units.

You are completely ignoring the value of BLAST proc and focussing on damage. Raw damage falls off no matter what mods you use. Blast utility helps buy you the time you need in vital situations and in generally stalling the enemy. I'd say that's more worthwhile than a less than 10% increase in damage.

You are completely ignoring the value of BLAST proc and focussing on damage. Raw damage falls off no matter what mods you use. Blast utility helps buy you the time you need in vital situations and in generally stalling the enemy. I'd say that's more worthwhile than a less than 10% increase in damage.

It is true but remember that Corrupted Heavy Gunners have Ferrite armors. Blast deals -25% to Ferrite.

The Void is a bit complicated, it's not just 'take it and do this'. It's better if you take a complete gear only for Void.

For example, Lancers and Gunners are Ferrite-armored (so, Corrosive). 

Crewmen, MOAs and Drones are generally 'Shielded' (so, Magnetic/Cold). 

Ancients are Fossilized (so Corrosive + Blast). 

At the end, you have to take builds following what's your play style. 

For example, I prefear to shot to ranged units so I take a Corrosive+Puncture primary gun (Boltor) for Corrupted Grineer, and a Magnetic+Puncture+Else for Corrupted Corpus (Despair). 

At the end, I use a Slash+Blast+Corrosive melee weapon for Ancients and other units if they're too much (Orthos). 

So, for me isn't a good idea to mix elemental damages and, however, procs are good but first of all you have to take care of damage bonuses. 

You're right - I was talking purely about Fire vs. Cold. Personally I really dislike the Blast proc because it makes it difficult to maintain headshots, which boosts damage by 2-4x. But that's a playstyle preference.

In order to install Blast, you'd have to at least drop 60% Corrosive as well. Against a level 50 Gunner, 240% Corrosive 180% Blast will deal 17.3% less damage than 300% Corrosive 90% Fire. That's quite a lot to have some occasional CC.

For example, Lancers and Gunners are Ferrite-armored (so, Corrosive). 

Sorry, but Corrupted Lancers have Alloy armor. Annoying, huh?

Edited by Darzk

People are still not sure if Cold is better than Heat, or vice versa. I find Heat to be more useful since it helps me to take down the Heavy Gunners quicker, who are the toughest enemies in the Void. I find the Corpus to be easy to kill, even without Cold. 

Blast isn't that great of a dmg type for Void, but is still good if you have weapons w/ decent status chance.