Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Designs

Nyoh-Kyzen

I’m writing this in hope that it generates some positive feedback and possibly influence the devs to add another aspect to the game. Its not intended to offend anyone specially the devs who have done and continue to do an amazing job. This is just my opinion and a few suggestions.

Ok first off I’d like to say warframe has its own unique look when compared to other games. The frames are a metallic exoskeleton but have an organic look and feel to them I find this interesting. However while the concept is cool some of the designs seem a bit extreme. Some are hugely disproportional in odd ways. Some have extreme cures and or extreme projections which I personally don’t find visually pleasing. In fact there are some frames which I love the abilities but rarely play them simply because of their shapes. I’ve heard others say that the devs stated they won’t be remodelling the existing frames so I have a few suggestions.

How about creating a hand full of less extremely odd shaped frames in male and female? Kind of like the base frame shapes of excalibur, ash, nyx, saryn... Having another option for those of us who don’t fancy the original frame’s design. They could be an alternative frame or secondary (whatever cool name that would fit). They could be 2 or 3 different designs to choose from. Maybe even  scalable sizes to fit the original frame’s size (example the difference in size between excal and rhino).

Acquiring an alt. frame for your original frame could be implemented in an interesting way:

You would have to own the original, maybe even at max lvl before u can build an alt. frame. Collect its parts (head, chassis & systems) a second time then build the alt. frame using an alt frame BP.

You could acquire them through entirely different quest or missions.

Or maybe just buy them with plat (not preferred but would be willing to if this was the only way).

The alt frames could even have a slight handicap compared to the originals like 1 less polarity slot or something.

Another suggestion could be to create more models for every frame like how there is that Excalibur proto model. Maybe even have a community vote on concept models before implementation.

In ending warframe is one of the most satisfying games I’ve been playing for a while. There is always something new to look forward to. My only continuous grumble is as I mentioned and I know am not the only one; I’ve heard others as well. So please add your comments (if positive) and any other suggestions that you might have.

I actually really like how all of the frames look. They kind of remind me of the Eldrazi from the Zendikar block of MTG both in look (faceless, silent, and imposing) and function (obsurdly powerful killing machines). That said alt skins more in the "flavor" of the proto armor for Excalibur and Dark Sector in general may be a good idea, but it would need to be implemented carefully.

The fact that your brain is causing you problems because you don't like the shape of the frames is not a concern large enough to justify changes.

Some of us are trying to get visuals improved because screen shaking and wavering are giving us headaches, but complaining that a frame has a design you find so bad that you can't bring yourself to play it? That's going a bit far.

I feel that too little people are like you so nothing is going to be done on this. Basically everyone loves the designs except some rare rants about zephyr and new frames. They might do alternative skins but they will be even more interesting and unique, nothing to please guys who need "less odd shaped" frames.

Edited by Aure7

I completely understand you, you joined our community roughly 2.5 months ago (end of May 2014, that's what the forums show) I was having a hard time coping with how warframes look a year ago as well when I was new here, they were different than what you usually see in games, they were unique and bizarre I guess you could say. But I got used to it, I love how every frame looks now, there's no point in adding anything that you just suggested, we have alt-helmets and immortal skins, that's as far as I'd like to go

Edited by double0gamer

I wasnt saying that anything was wrong with the frames i mentioned was just using them as an example of frames which arent so bizzare. I'm also not saying to replace any of the frames or even change the bizzare look that warframe is gunning for. Just to have an option, not a wide range of options either but for persons like myself who wouldn't mind a more uniformed proportionally looking frame.

Some of the helms and immortal skins are very cool looking but while we have the option to change colour and helm aesthetics i'd like the option to change the model (wire mesh).

Example if i didnt like the banshee or ember design there would be a option to swap into an alt frame and i'm not speaking about a different alt for every frame but just 1 or 2 that could be used across all types.

Cosmetics are always for a player's personal preference just like other options (no gore, profanity filter etc.) and i'm not confusing or prioritised it like a bug fix or gameplay aspect.

Its very clear that warframe= unique and bizzare shaped characters but a small or limited option for those of us who dont subscribe to extreme bizzare would be really nice. I have seen players have their frames in all black and they have stated its because they didnt like the look and full black helps to conceal it. Others try to balance the disproportional looks with armor addons and some do look better. It all boils down to personal preference yes but a little bit of content in this area could make a big difference to some of us.

Edited by MenphisBlu

I like the fact they're varied wildly, gives it flavor (though the women don't have as much a variety to their design as the men since they can't risk her not looking somewhat 'sexy'. Just a thing in games). I'm not fond of all the choices per frame (looking at you Volt's knee things), but I try not to let it affect any game play. 

For me it's mostly the helmet designs (even the alternate ones you can buy)  I find unappealing instead of the body. Those I wish had more flavor.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Something like this is really "it is what it is". Every game has its choice of design style. Cosmetics can be done to certain extend. But in the end every game was made with certain design direction. If a developer chose sci-fi, they already accept that the medieval fantasy fan might won't like or buy their game.

Okay DE made an alternative design, but what if you still don't like it? What will guarantee that this less "extreme" design is something that will be liked by everyone who doesn't like the original design? Even if DE made alternative design and you like it, there will be another people who don't like both of them. If another design was made, then there will be another person who still don't like all of them. It just won't end if you tried to cater everyone.