Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dailies (Quests)

Instinction

I don't know how I haven't though of this, and maybe it has been thought of before, let me explain.

I am one of those people, that's having real trouble coming back to Warframe day after day.

I get bored easily, I hate running with random people, and my clanmates are almost never on for the same reason as me.

DE told us that U14 might help bring some players like me back into the game.

Well it did... for about a week, maybe.

I need something that gives me reason to keep coming back and playing the game on a daily basis, besides leveling the next piece of mastery fodder.

So I suggest daily missions/quests.

Many other games have these, and they work quite well.

Quests that you can only do a certain number of times each day (doesn't have to be just once, can be 2 or 3 or 7x a day), that are particularly challenging, generally take a longer amount of time, and are rewarding.

This would help with mastery as well as these quests would give a specific amount of direct mastery experience.

(Please, hold your applause.)

I am thinking in terms of having many different daily quests available, from different npc's or factions, so there would be different rewards available.

(^That was the TL;DR, the rest is just ideas for what the quests could be. Read if you wish.)

Examples:

Darvo dailies:

---

Tenno communicates with Darvo, who needs the Tenno to smuggle equipment/weaponry to buyer/confidant/resistance in a particularly hairy area of enemy territory.

This mission gives 200 mastery points, and your choice of 1 of 3 different resources, i.e. you must choose among 3 Orokin Cells, 500 plastids, or 20 Mutagen Samples. The resource reward will change resources with each run.

You can run this daily 5x a day.

-

Darvo sends out distress beacon. He has run into a Grineer patrol and they are actively bombarding his ship. You must rescue his ship before the Grineer can destroy it.

You are on a timer during the mission, and you have several objectives; to destroy all of the Grineer gun batteries.

The faster you save his ship, the better the reward.

>1 minute 1500 mastery xp + rare resource reward

>2 minutes 1000 mastery xp + uncommon resource reward

>3 minutes 500 mastery xp + common resource reward

If you fail, Darvo escapes in a emergency pod. You must destroy the Grineer vessel and then retrieve Darvo.

He thanks you for saving his life, but has lost his haul and his ship.

You receive 250 mastery xp.

You can run this daily 1x a day.

-

Darvo's wares have been raided by his competition/enemies. He wants you to thin their ranks, and salvage what is left of his wares. You have a main objective of eliminating a specific number of enemies and salvaging a specific amount of wares. Let's say x100 enemies and x10 wares.

Wares will not be marked on map, you must hunt for them by exploring the map.

Wares will be in unique containers, specific to this daily. You must place a "mark" on these containers and then Darvo will beam them onto his orbiting transport ship.

The second part of this quest will be an optional "side-quest" to retrieve more of his wares.

Each 10 wares you gather after the original 10 will gain you a greater reward when you finish the quest.

You can collect up to a total of x50 wares, after which Darvo will communicate to you in game, letting you know you collected all of his wares that were stolen and it is time to return.

The mission will have a timer, and each wares container that you find will add 30 more seconds to the clock.

(note to DE, there must be no friendship doors during this specific mission, as splitting up and searching independently would be encouraged).

A minimum run will net you 100 mastery and a credit reward plus a resource reward.

Each 10 wares you collect after that will add 100 more mastery points, up to a max of 500 mastery points and greater credit and resource rewards.

You can run this daily 2x a day.

---

Lotus dailies:

---

The Lotus senses a distubance in the Void. You must go there and figure out what is causing it.

There you find an "Abomination" and creature that would be unique to this daily. The Abomination would be an abhorrent, indistguishable creation, it's mind so corrupted by the Void, that it also began to alter it's body in a gruesome way.

This would be a mini-boss type creature, you must defeat it in a limited amount of time, as just being in proximity to the creature is causing a disruption in the Tenno's energy, destroying the Tenno from within.

During the fight, your energy, shields, and health will fluctuate wildly.

If you are not revived and die during the fight, you cannot revive, and must rely on your fellow Tenno to finish the mission.

After the Abomination has been defeated, the Void energies that were stored within in will be released, greatly enhancing the corruption of the Void, increasing all enemy level and scaling.

Successfully completing the mission will award 1000 mastery xp and awards you with a Cosmic Spectre blueprint.

You may complete this daily 1x a day.

-

The Lotus wants you to hault enemy faction encroachment on a planet. You must go to that planet and stealthily assassinate the factions "Captain", which would be an elite/enhanced version of an Eximus.

Being detected will cause the Captain to immediately begin fleeing, such as a capture target would, but instead of him just starting to run when he sees you, he will now have a headstart on you, depending on how far away from him you are when the alarm is sounded.

You will not have long after being detected to hunt down and assassinate the Captain, as he is always close by his ship (encouraging stealth play as the mission is meant to be run, and not just rush/copter/Penta-bomb your way through).

If the Captain escapes, your mission is failed.

If you succeed in killing the Captain who will be surrounded by his elite bodyguards (think 4 of the Wardens from rescue missions, with the same modifiers, further encouraging stealth play) your objective will then be updated to destroying the base's/factory's/encampment's power cores (these will essentially be the 4 power cores you must destroy in the new Dark Sector pvp missions in order to proceed).

After destroying the power cores, you eliminate the remaining enemy forces, and then proceed to extraction.

This mission will reward you with 1000 mastery xp if you were not detected during the entire mission.

If you were detected, 500 mastery xp.

You may complete this daily 2x a day.

-

-

-

And so you get the idea!

I think unique, fun to play, challenging, and rewarding daily missions like these would greatly enhance the attractiveness of playing this game on a regular basis, as opposed to just popping in for updates and reinforcements.

Let me know what you think!
And if you read my mission examples, tell me if you like them, give me some feedback on them, and if you want, tell me some of your own ideas for dailies.

Cheers!

Edited by Instinction

A great idea if I ever heard one, but DE probably wouldn't be able to find the time to record all those lines anytime soon. Quests are an enormous disappointment to be honest, they were advertised on streams as an alternative path and series f missions for endgame purposes. 

I personally barely see anything endgame in the current quest system, considering they are all regular missions with bits of lore strewn into them, rather than long missions, that take weeks or months to complete, with small progression daily towards achieving certain goals over time, (rather than instantaneously like most things atm) as I imagined they would have been

Edited by Somedude1000

I don't know how I haven't though of this, and maybe it has been thought of before, let me explain.

I am one of those people, that's having real trouble coming back to Warframe day after day.

I get bored easily, I hate running with random people, and my clanmates are almost never on for the same reason as me.

DE told us that U14 might help bring some players like me back into the game.

Well it did... for about a week, maybe.

I need something that gives me reason to keep coming back and playing the game on a daily basis, besides leveling the next piece of mastery fodder.

So I suggest daily missions/quests.

Many other games have these, and they work quite well.

Quests that you can only do a certain number of times each day (doesn't have to be just once, can be 2 or 3 or 7x a day), that are particularly challenging, generally take a longer amount of time, and are rewarding.

This would help with mastery as well as these quests would give a specific amount of direct mastery experience.

(Please, hold your applause.)

I am thinking in terms of having many different daily quests available, from different npc's or factions, so there would be different rewards available.

(^That was the TL;DR, the rest is just ideas for what the quests could be. Read if you wish.)

Examples:

Darvo dailies:

---

Tenno communicates with Darvo, who needs the Tenno to smuggle equipment/weaponry to buyer/confidant/resistance in a particularly hairy area of enemy territory.

This mission gives 200 mastery points, and your choice of 1 of 3 different resources, i.e. you must choose among 3 Orokin Cells, 500 plastids, or 20 Mutagen Samples. The resource reward will change resources with each run.

You can run this daily 5x a day.

-

Darvo sends out distress beacon. He has run into a Grineer patrol and they are actively bombarding his ship. You must rescue his ship before the Grineer can destroy it.

You are on a timer during the mission, and you have several objectives; to destroy all of the Grineer gun batteries.

The faster you save his ship, the better the reward.

>1 minute 1500 mastery xp + rare resource reward

>2 minutes 1000 mastery xp + uncommon resource reward

>3 minutes 500 mastery xp + common resource reward

If you fail, Darvo escapes in a emergency pod. You must destroy the Grineer vessel and then retrieve Darvo.

He thanks you for saving his life, but has lost his haul and his ship.

You receive 250 mastery xp.

You can run this daily 1x a day.

-

Darvo's wares have been raided by his competition/enemies. He wants you to thin their ranks, and salvage what is left of his wares. You have a main objective of eliminating a specific number of enemies and salvaging a specific amount of wares. Let's say x100 enemies and x10 wares.

Wares will not be marked on map, you must hunt for them by exploring the map.

Wares will be in unique containers, specific to this daily. You must place a "mark" on these containers and then Darvo will beam them onto his orbiting transport ship.

The second part of this quest will be an optional "side-quest" to retrieve more of his wares.

Each 10 wares you gather after the original 10 will gain you a greater reward when you finish the quest.

You can collect up to a total of x50 wares, after which Darvo will communicate to you in game, letting you know you collected all of his wares that were stolen and it is time to return.

The mission will have a timer, and each wares container that you find will add 30 more seconds to the clock.

(note to DE, there must be no friendship doors during this specific mission, as splitting up and searching independently would be encouraged).

A minimum run will net you 100 mastery and a credit reward plus a resource reward.

Each 10 wares you collect after that will add 100 more mastery points, up to a max of 500 mastery points and greater credit and resource rewards.

You can run this daily 2x a day.

---

Lotus dailies:

---

The Lotus senses a distubance in the Void. You must go there and figure out what is causing it.

There you find an "Abomination" and creature that would be unique to this daily. The Abomination would be an abhorrent, indistguishable creation, it's mind so corrupted by the Void, that it also began to alter it's body in a gruesome way.

This would be a mini-boss type creature, you must defeat it in a limited amount of time, as just being in proximity to the creature is causing a disruption in the Tenno's energy, destroying the Tenno from within.

During the fight, your energy, shields, and health will fluctuate wildly.

If you are not revived and die during the fight, you cannot revive, and must rely on your fellow Tenno to finish the mission.

After the Abomination has been defeated, the Void energies that were stored within in will be released, greatly enhancing the corruption of the Void, increasing all enemy level and scaling.

Successfully completing the mission will award 1000 mastery xp and awards you with a Cosmic Spectre blueprint.

You may complete this daily 1x a day.

-

The Lotus wants you to hault enemy faction encroachment on a planet. You must go to that planet and stealthily assassinate the factions "Captain", which would be an elite/enhanced version of an Eximus.

Being detected will cause the Captain to immediately begin fleeing, such as a capture target would, but instead of him just starting to run when he sees you, he will now have a headstart on you, depending on how far away from him you are when the alarm is sounded.

You will not have long after being detected to hunt down and assassinate the Captain, as he is always close by his ship (encouraging stealth play as the mission is meant to be run, and not just rush/copter/Penta-bomb your way through).

If the Captain escapes, your mission is failed.

If you succeed in killing the Captain who will be surrounded by his elite bodyguards (think 4 of the Wardens from rescue missions, with the same modifiers, further encouraging stealth play) your objective will then be updated to destroying the base's/factory's/encampment's power cores (these will essentially be the 4 power cores you must destroy in the new Dark Sector pvp missions in order to proceed).

After destroying the power cores, you eliminate the remaining enemy forces, and then proceed to extraction.

This mission will reward you with 1000 mastery xp if you were not detected during the entire mission.

If you were detected, 500 mastery xp.

You may complete this daily 2x a day.

-

-

-

And so you get the idea!

I think unique, fun to play, challenging, and rewarding daily missions like these would greatly enhance the attractiveness of playing this game on a regular basis, as opposed to just popping in for updates and reinforcements.

Let me know what you think!

And if you read my mission examples, tell me if you like them, give me some feedback on them, and if you want, tell me some of your own ideas for dailies.

Cheers!

I like it good job hope they take notice 

Unless its misplaced on the front page of General discussion and becomes a hot topic before being moved, DE probably simply doesn't notice most feedback

Seems like "upvotes" gets DE's attention.

Even though upvoted things may not even relate to good feedback, just stuff people agree with, good or bad.

As a former Dragon Nest and World of Warcraft player, I think that daily quests would be a great addition to Warframe as long as they don't lock content behind it, and don't have way too many dailies (I'm looking at YOU, WoW).

I DO disagree with the Mastery system a bit however. What I liked about the Dragon Nest and WoW dailies are that they had a sort of token-like system rather than rewarding anything (other than gold) for an already-existing system. Those tokens could be traded in for things exclusive to the tokens. That made me feel like it was truly worth doing these dailies since it had some exclusive things. If in Warframe, maybe some cosmetics exclusive to the tokens as well as a few weapons? 

Tokens to go towards cosmetic helms and a blueprint to add to it to make a truly individualized-but-Arcane helm? This way one could still have one's desired helm, but also the desired status(es). Better percentages, more than one status, and better statuses all could cost wonderful amounts of daily tokens. With this, DE could re-introduce the Arcane helms while also giving both the player base new content and valuable items. Collectors would be busy for months, hunting and saving for each desired variation. Want to give Darvo even more face time? Have him host this 'Arcane Helm Forge'~ :D

Note, I'm not talking about going over the present Arcane helms' values, as those could be the 'max'. With this, those that already have them already have one or a few of the best ones available, and thusly free to wear them with pride.

This would help me greatly. I'm quickly reaching the point where I don't really want to play the game all that much anymore unless there's something halfway interesting to do in it that's actually worth my time.  When suspicious shipments hit ps4, I played those like crazy when I had the free time to do so. It was a little more challenging than your average corpus exterminate mission, It was structured a bit differently than your average exterminate where there would be points you were forced to wait and hold your ground while lotus hacked the doors, and the rewards were great, perhaps probably a little too generous on DE's part. 

As a former Dragon Nest and World of Warcraft player, I think that daily quests would be a great addition to Warframe as long as they don't lock content behind it, and don't have way too many dailies (I'm looking at YOU, WoW).

I DO disagree with the Mastery system a bit however. What I liked about the Dragon Nest and WoW dailies are that they had a sort of token-like system rather than rewarding anything (other than gold) for an already-existing system. Those tokens could be traded in for things exclusive to the tokens. That made me feel like it was truly worth doing these dailies since it had some exclusive things. If in Warframe, maybe some cosmetics exclusive to the tokens as well as a few weapons? 

Tokens to go towards cosmetic helms and a blueprint to add to it to make a truly individualized-but-Arcane helm? This way one could still have one's desired helm, but also the desired status(es). Better percentages, more than one status, and better statuses all could cost wonderful amounts of daily tokens. With this, DE could re-introduce the Arcane helms while also giving both the player base new content and valuable items. Collectors would be busy for months, hunting and saving for each desired variation. Want to give Darvo even more face time? Have him host this 'Arcane Helm Forge'~ :D

Note, I'm not talking about going over the present Arcane helms' values, as those could be the 'max'. With this, those that already have them already have one or a few of the best ones available, and thusly free to wear them with pride.

The tokens idea is a really good idea too, that would be a good replacement for just generic cash and resource rewards.

This would help me greatly. I'm quickly reaching the point where I don't really want to play the game all that much anymore unless there's something halfway interesting to do in it that's actually worth my time.  When suspicious shipments hit ps4, I played those like crazy when I had the free time to do so. It was a little more challenging than your average corpus exterminate mission, It was structured a bit differently than your average exterminate where there would be points you were forced to wait and hold your ground while lotus hacked the doors, and the rewards were great, perhaps probably a little too generous on DE's part. 

This pretty much sums up my feelings perfectly. And I agree about Suspicious Shipments, I loved those!

i agree with this, but to be fair, DE doesnt give a %&%&$# about this because almost 80% of the community ideas go to void and only a centinel pay attention. If Devs doesnt pay more attention im sure warframe goes to die soon.

I'm more concerned about the paywalls more than anything.

They aren't major at this point, but more and more of them keep appearing.

Oooo... Suspicious Shipments. Now those need to return, if only even as special dark sector nodes or as dailies. Can't be simply giving these things out for free, ne?

Lol, I'm pretty sure everyone would go for Suspicious Shipments every day, that might be a bit much though.

Dailies with a decent reward and more difficult and in-depth questing experience with a decent reward is what I want. Kinda like SS, but with mastery points as the main point of focus, and possibly tokens like other people have mentioned.