Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking And Rage Combo In Conclave

Enderbrine

This combo has made turned conclave into people rage quitting over the fact that someone can not be killed.  If there is anyway that Quick Thinking or Rage could be nerfed or taken out all together.  People try to go into a nice game of conclave and leave screaming at their computer because someone wants to be a cheater.

Quick Thinking and Rage are very good mods. They are quite hard to get, but they are worth their weight in gold (or rather plat!).

Rage was nerfed a while back and so was QT, yet they buffed it again. => https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/280906-loki-prime-invincible/

Also, using mods is not cheating. It may be an advantage depending on the conclave, but it's not cheating.

EDIT: being unkillable is OP though I do admit.

Edited by Els236

They know about this since a long time ago, Conclave players have been complaining about this combo for ages, and Reflex Guard as well. PvE players don't realize how OP they are until they get a little experience in PvP.

Quick Thinking and Rage are very good mods. They are quite hard to get, but they are worth their weight in gold (or rather plat!).

Rage was nerfed a while back and so was QT, yet they buffed it again. => https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/280906-loki-prime-invincible/

Also, using mods is not cheating. It may be an advantage depending on the conclave, but it's not cheating.

EDIT: being unkillable is OP though I do admit.

Abusing an unbalanced aspect of the game can be considered cheating

Its like entering conclave with max duration Hysteria or doing nothing but using min duration trinity heal spam by an energy pod

Inb4 "this is a PVE game first" comment.

We've been asking for this nerf since forever, and I agree: it's broken as all hell.

+1 to the OP

(Btw, use magnetic against that S#&$, drains energy [that is used for QT] and busts shields)

Edited by Auramau

rad proc doesnt do much in pvp. and not a good dmg type since tennos actually have ferrite armor. 

Magnetic proc on the otherhand can break the effect. Or a 1 shot type of weapon.

Post U14, there are no one shot weapons anymore. They broke the damage. D:

tennos dont have hitboxes, last i checked. shooting in foot does same damage as shooting in face. though havent tested it post u14.

Head shots do count on Tenno, and saying Tenno don't have hit boxes is technically saying we can't be hit at all.

Lets just hope they fix it soon..

Thats all we can do for now :/

Don't get your hopes very high, this is a well known problem, if you check the beginning of this sub-forum, we already talking about this in the very first days of PvP in Warframe https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132928-quick-thinking-rage/ See this topic is from 20/November/2013 around a month after the Conclaves release. Other topic around the same period https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/120338-quick-thinking-needs-to-be-disabled/

PvE players don't really realize how OP they are (QT+R and Reflex Guard) until they get some experience on PvP. Don't get me wrong, but if you think QT+R and Reflex Guard are fine, it's because you don't play much PvP, just ask anyone with some experience on the Conclaves.

It's not as simple as "Use Magnetic and GG" On high level PvP (both players have some PvP experience and fully modded gear for PvP) these mods QT+R and Reflex Guard can easily decide who is gonna win the game.

Edited by RexSol

Don't get your hopes very high, this is a well known problem, if you check the beginning of this sub-forum, we already talking about this in the very first days of PvP in Warframe https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132928-quick-thinking-rage/ See this topic is from 20/November/2013 around a month after the Conclaves release. Other topic around the same period https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/120338-quick-thinking-needs-to-be-disabled/

PvE players don't really realize how OP they are (QT+R and Reflex Guard) until they get some experience on PvP. Don't get me wrong, but if you think QT+R and Reflex Guard are fine, it's because you don't play much PvP, just ask anyone with some experience on the Conclaves.

It's not as simple as "Use Magnetic and GG" On high level PvP (both players have some PvP experience and fully modded gear for PvP) these mods QT+R and Reflex Guard can easily decide who is gonna win the game.

So, today I join Europe region conclave with clean gear, expecting, well, dirt... (It was night in US region). For the first few rounds I notice the lack of guys I usually see there. Mostly low ranks. Not very fun, no challange. After a little while I see a known cheap player joining. Change in his setup is that now he is Valk, used to be invisible Loki always. QT+R+ maybe reflex guard but can't be 100% sure.

Few rounds and I get a little angry since guy can't be killed so I leave and go get penta. Setup is about 4500 corrosion 1800 blast 1300 heat.  Thought no need to tinker with it, almost 8k aoe dmg is enough to kill even with redused damage.

Turns out I was wrong. Not only that it isn't 1 shot kill no more, It can't kill!!?? it can even be blocked now??

I got him at least about 7,8 times in 2 rounds. Saw zeroes every time except one time when I am pretty sure I saw 2 x 250 dmg?

This Dark Sektor "balancing" spilling over conclaves will kill random match fun faster then reflection.

I feel a bit blue right now.

rad proc doesnt do much in pvp. and not a good dmg type since tennos actually have ferrite armor. 

Magnetic proc on the otherhand can break the effect. Or a 1 shot type of weapon.

are you sure? the wiki says:

• Flesh: Applies to all WarframesSpectersTenno Specters, and the Stalker, mostly damaged by Infested faction.
  • Ferrite Armor: Applies to Rhino's Iron Skin, Specters and Tenno Specters.
  • Alloy Armor: Applies to all Warframes and the Stalker, mostly damaged by Corpus faction.
  • Shield: Applies to all Warframes, Specters and Tenno Specters, mostly damaged by Grineer faction.
  • Proto Shield: Exclusive to the Stalker.

and idk why it seems to make more sense for radiation to proc energy drain and magnetic to proc only shield drain to i know that atm magnetic procs both

are you sure? the wiki says:

• Flesh: Applies to all WarframesSpectersTenno Specters, and the Stalker, mostly damaged by Infested faction.
  • Ferrite Armor: Applies to Rhino's Iron Skin, Specters and Tenno Specters.
  • Alloy Armor: Applies to all Warframes and the Stalker, mostly damaged by Corpus faction.
  • Shield: Applies to all Warframes, Specters and Tenno Specters, mostly damaged by Grineer faction.
  • Proto Shield: Exclusive to the Stalker.

and idk why it seems to make more sense for radiation to proc energy drain and magnetic to proc only shield drain to i know that atm magnetic procs both

Yes the wikia is wrong, they swapped description of Ferrite and Alloy.

Corrosive is best vs Tenno Armor.

Yeah, lots of new players coming into conclave with the cheap combo.  Not much you can do about it other than leave the lobby or delay a round until they get bored and leave.

Quick Thinking + Rage + Reflex Guard counters any and all guns (including melee, it seems).

DE: "Newer players don't like getting one-shot??  Let's just buff their shields by 50%, their health by 25% and make them virtually unkillable. That'll F*** with the veterans!"

Yeah, lots of new players coming into conclave with the cheap combo.  Not much you can do about it other than leave the lobby or delay a round until they get bored and leave.

Quick Thinking + Rage + Reflex Guard counters any and all guns (including melee, it seems).

DE: "Newer players don't like getting one-shot??  Let's just buff their shields by 50%, their health by 25% and make them virtually unkillable. That'll F*** with the veterans!"

Honestly

I dont mind less skileld players having a shot at keeping up

Its a really tough PvP game to get into when people are ages ahead of you in terms of skill

If it helps encourage more players to keep in the conclave then im alright with it

Though unless the unbalanced bits are fixed there will be many issues ahead

Honestly

I dont mind less skileld players having a shot at keeping up

Its a really tough PvP game to get into when people are ages ahead of you in terms of skill

If it helps encourage more players to keep in the conclave then im alright with it

Though unless the unbalanced bits are fixed there will be many issues ahead

There's a difference between them using it as a crutch* to keep up versus them using it as a way to change the outcome of every single round...

I agree: it depends on the skill of the player on whether or not it is ridiculously OP, but in most/all cases: it's used in an OP/unfair way.  At least from my observations, which I admit do not count as all the feedback that everyone has.

Edited by Auramau