The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vor Now A Tenno!?!?!?!

Mak_Gohae

Even if we are, I'm pretty sure Vor is just Vor still. He can't die because the key he has is holding him together. Literally as well. At least that's what I think of it. That's why we have to shoot his middle, the void energy, to destroy him. I think his corpse is just being manipulated by the energy. 

When cant take damage any longer he turns into energy and disappears.

He doesnt break up into two and says, " I'll get you next time captain planet!"

The middle may stay in energy mode because he was cut in two and for some reason he cant make that part solid.

Kudos for innovative thinking!  1+

BUT as expected, discussion has degenerated into a veritable fist-de-cuffs between cannon purity and iconoclastic brainstorming - as it does with nearly EVERY lore thread ...

Gracious! 

For once, couldn't a wild idea get some constructive feedback instead of automatic lore recitation?

BUT isn't the point of any discussion thread to grab your attention and make you think?

Thanks.

But the problem with lore discussions is that there is so little that people grab what they can and turn it into solid info when it's not.

Throwing out ideas, i think, is the best that we got for most of the game so why not. Cause this is what we pretty much have until we get info.

So, yes, it's weird that some folks dont value theories being thrown out just to see what we can connect.

In Dark Sector Hayden Tenno did the following:

1. Fought against a threat to humanity on behalf of "The Agency"

2. Ended up wearing a suit of Armour created by the "Agency futurist enclave"

3. Rebelled against his "handler" after he was told to stand down

4. Ultimately delayed the fall of earth.

Given that the Orokin (IMHO) were the remains of the "Agency futurist enclave" They gave their new super-soldiers the name "Tenno" because of the Warframes that were given to them not because of the "Void Powers".

Only this time the Tenno ultimately sided with their handlers against their masters.

The "Void Powers" were just the hook that let them fight the Sentients on equal footing.

Edited by SilentMobius

And also, let's insert the pun now...............he's a "Vorframe".

I read the first post of this thread and subsequently hunted through because I wanted to say this. Since you've already done the job, I'll just see myself out. Cheers.

When he said the Frames don't make us, And more so we are the Energy for the frames.

I just took that as, Our frames don't supply the power. The User does. He was just trying to sound spiritual.

Not that we actually are just spirit balls of energy.

Every Tenno is lovingly hand crafted by Goku as a Spirit Bomb.

Thanks.

But the problem with lore discussions is that there is so little that people grab what they can and turn it into solid info when it's not.

Throwing out ideas, i think, is the best that we got for most of the game so why not. Cause this is what we pretty much have until we get info.

So, yes, it's weird that some folks dont value theories being thrown out just to see what we can connect.

You are welcome.

As I see it, Lore threads are like incubators ...

Ideas should at least have a chance to hatch before the foxes circle and the hens squawk

I also know that when something as intrinsically complex as human communication is reduced to silent pixelated words, volatility is uncomfortably close ...

BUT, clarity of expression does not require contumeliousness  

Edited by ElHefe

well... the tenno are said to be people that were changed by the void and gained different abilities. The warframes were made to suit those abilities. While the user has/had a human form they are now bonded to the suit. How else could you explain the way they're harvested. They more or less became the warframe. Vor has now become similar being. Vor is now technicly a... Half brother to the tenno. Him being grineer and also changed by void energy granting him power. I'm guessing he now has the power of the Janus Key. Whatever power it may hold

Edited by Oakenman

Tenno can choose to go from one Warframe to another so... yeah, the mechanics of the game imply that the Tenno are simply projecting their minds into the Warframes. Seeing how a Tenno can "die" innumerable times and still come back if they have available Warframes reinforces this view. Also, we don't craft new Tenno, we craft new Warframes :)

Vor's new lines were frankly unnecessary as I felt his much older "report" to the queens already reinforced the theory (which admittedly might be wrong if Steve has decided game mechanics are unrelated to lore).

From the "Victory" event description: "Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from its metal womb we find nothing to explain their power... What if a Warframe is merely a lightning rod? A conduit for these demons of the Void?"

Tenno can choose to go from one Warframe to another so... yeah, the mechanics of the game imply that the Tenno are simply projecting their minds into the Warframes. Seeing how a Tenno can "die" innumerable times and still come back if they have available Warframes reinforces this view. Also, we don't craft new Tenno, we craft new Warframes :)

This is a gameplay mechanic. To quote from another thread; we don't try to attach lore to respawning bosses, we shouldn't try to attach it to character switching either.

This is a gameplay mechanic. To quote from another thread; we don't try to attach lore to respawning bosses, we shouldn't try to attach it to character switching either.

Well if the lore truly ignores all gameplay and a Tenno is simply a cyborg then... well that's pretty lame. MGS already has that covered and seeing how the devs have admitted to drawing some influence (understandably) I would be disappointed in the lack of at least a unique spin on things.

Something more than just "nanomachines, son" would be nice. Just saying.

Well if the lore truly ignores all gameplay and a Tenno is simply a cyborg then... well that's pretty lame. MGS already has that covered and seeing how the devs have admitted to drawing some influence (understandably) I would be disappointed in the lack of at least a unique spin on things.

Something more than just "nanomachines, son" would be nice. Just saying.

No nanomachines involved.

From what we know so far, tenno are people who have been horribly mutated by void/technocyte exposure, and then sealed inside semi-biological powered suits. Each one has its own tenno in it. The changing of warframes is a gameplay consideration. 

From what we know so far, tenno are people who have been horribly mutated by void/technocyte exposure, and then sealed inside semi-biological powered suits. Each one has its own tenno in it. The changing of warframes is a gameplay consideration. 

Well, the infected are sort of nano-machiny.

They have those spores flying around.

That notion has been blown away by the in-world Mirage quest. A suit is made there and there is no way were randomly sealing some unsuited Tenno into that recreated warframe.

Some people here take things way too seriously... It's called a 'metaphor', Tenno aren't energy, they're made of flesh and blood, otherwise how would you explain the blood that gushes out everytime we get slash proc'd? Warframe lubricants?

Vor was speaking metaphorically when he said Tenno are the Warframes' energy, there's no real need to even have this discussion.

The warframes are made of artificial/cloned flesh and metal. The Tenno are energy "ghosts/souls" that can inhabit different warframes as they please.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame