Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Helpful Solution To Ranking Up Mods

Etsoree

We all know there's a gazillion mods out there that are Rare and have ten levels to go through, and it takes an extremely long amount of time and effort and credits put into those mods to rank them up to the maximum level.

Here's a possible solution: remove the power cards from the drop table.

Now this was talked about like 10 streams ago and they said if they see a reason to remove them they would. This is a big reason. It helps the drop tables for us to get the mods we want rather than killing things in the Void over and over for nothing but Thumper and Vacuum. It lets us kill stuff without having to worry about getting dozens of Decoy cards when we really want an extra Serration mod for a friend, or because we want a melee Stance.

It'll let us get more Fusion Cores so that we can rank up mods faster.

Now people may say that they lose their original power card or they want copies, myself included for copies. I personally like having an unranked and maxed rank of each mod; it's a goal of mine to accomplish. Helps with Forma.

Solution to that: put each power card, completely unranked, in the market, but for credits. Make it expensive, though, like a Warframe's ultimate ability would cost around 100k credits, or at least no more than that, so that we cannot use that system to buy mods to allow us to rank things up easily. The only thing that would go towards easily would be ranking up other powers, and only other powers.

The system could be tweaked a bit but it could work: fix the drop tables a bit, help us rank up stuff more, get more fusion cores, grind less, more uses for credits.

Thoughts, ideas, anyone at all?

It would make more sense to leave the Power Cards in place, as lot's of people use them to burn in fusing or as filler to rank up other cards, but give them all a specific - read "higher" - rating when doing so, that way they still ACT like decent cores, can be used for sticking together to make other mods, and also like you said, to have multiple copies at different power levels.

How much fusion energy they give should be addressed first I guess, I'm not really sure how the act right now.

I prefer this: Remove fusion cores from drops. Then change transmute so it turns spare mods into similarly ranked fusion cores, at a 1-1 basis, but of random charge level. (perhaps then sell a module on the market for 50 plat that makes every fusion core transmuted at max rank.)

They said it's something they will be looking at.

I personally have no issues with the current drop system, I could gather all but one warframe mods this way (Enemy Sense, Y U NO DROP?). But yeah, I have to admit that collecting all the stance mods proves difficult, but perhaps because they are rare as hell, I don't blame the ability mods, I like collecting them, and you can get a couple of credits by selling them if you don't need those.

I prefer this: Remove fusion cores from drops. Then change transmute so it turns spare mods into similarly ranked fusion cores, at a 1-1 basis, but of random charge level. (perhaps then sell a module on the market for 50 plat that makes every fusion core transmuted at max rank.)

That could work, too; breaking them down.

Edited by Etsoree