Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Braton Prime Worth A Potato And Good? Also Need Build

izzatuw

Question

13 answers to this question

I just built Braton prime, I find it really fun because it feels like an assault rifle. But is the rifle worth a potato? Would it be good for high level like T3?

Any weapon can become an end-game weapon. However to me the Braton Prime, which is primarily focused on slash damage and with a low overall damage of 25, combined with weak crit and status chance...is not the kind of rifle I would want to have on me for end-game content.

Stick with the Boltor Prime and if you want something with a more AR feel, get a Latron Prime or a Soma (use burst fire on soma by tapping the fire button instead of spraying). The soma will definitely outperform.

I've forma'd my braton prime twice and I'm thinking of forma-ing it one more time (just so i can fit 8 mods into it). Even though it's damage is a bit low compared to other primes, and it doesn't have the best dps, I'd say it's worth it. Especially once you get at least one element on there, then it starts to spit out some better damage.

My build is currently this:

split chamber (max)

serration (r7? i think, +120%)

heavy caliber (rank 3)

sawtooth clip (max)

shred (rank 4)

thermite rounds (max)

wildfre (max)

it's by no means the best end game build, but it does spit out about 180 damage per shot on average.

Edit: I say, go for it! i think it's worth it.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

I have 6 Forma in my Braton Prime. Reliable, looks sexy, and sounds badass. No issues killing stuff in T3 (you didn't specify if you wanted to go for 1 hour survivals so I assume this is just for your usual T3's).

Out of all my weapons it's the most reliable in slash procs, triggering the dismember death animation a lot which means more chunks of flesh for Nekros to Desecrate.

Any weapon can become an end-game weapon. However to me the Braton Prime, which is primarily focused on slash damage and with a low overall damage of 25, combined with weak crit and status chance...is not the kind of rifle I would want to have on me for end-game content.

Stick with the Boltor Prime and if you want something with a more AR feel, get a Latron Prime or a Soma (use burst fire on soma by tapping the fire button instead of spraying). The soma will definitely outperform.

I have Soma, sold normal Latron because I didn't like Latron, Soma doesn't exactly feel like an AR to me, will try Boltor

Edit: Any build?

Same as any noncrit primary.

Serration and Split Chamber always.

Heavy Caliber if it doesn't make you miss too much using a specific weapon with your play style, test it.

Speed Trigger if you want to maximize dps but don't care about ammo efficiency. Noncharge high single shot damage weapons don't need it.

Rest of the slots for elementals depending on the enemy you're fighting or Bane or Shred.

um, well, it's one of the few weapons I haven't potatoed :D. Even my lato has a potato and multi-formaed :D.

But if you like it, by all means put one in.  Long as your not trying to break records it won't matter too much.