Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields after Update 5.3

AmmokK

I'd like to see them remove the regen. Fight or die!

Yay!!! I can see the team chats coming.

x: Hey Loki, stay in that corner and go invisible whenever i go down and revive me.

y: 10/4

The loki is going to be golden from now on. :D

Edited by WarRaider

You can do that yourself. Just remove all your shield mods and make sure to get hit by mobs every two to three seconds to stop the regen, and see how you do.

I stack armor mods so yeah that pretty much already happens.

Secret Gamer Pro Tips: I'm a volt and often use speed to rush to container boxes with health, or use electric shield for a quick getaway, and occasionally engage in teamwork with trinity players.

Edited by MegatechBody

I don't see why people are going crazy over this as Armor stacking will keep you alive just fine. I hardly notice any change since i never stacked shield in the first place because it was boring as hell. Don't rambo everything and you will be fine.

I stack armor mods so yeah that pretty much already happens.

Secret Gamer Pro Tips: I'm a volt and often use speed to rush to container boxes with health, or use electric shield for a quick getaway, and occasionally engage in teamwork with trinity players.

So you're still using damage-absorbing abilities, and playing with people who heal you. How is that at all similar to what I suggested, or what you said you wanted before? You're still getting a shield and regen, lol.

Yeah I mean why should we even have death. Just remove health and shields from the game thx. That or give us some big on screen warnings and freeze the enemies for 10 seconds when we reach 50 health so we can run away.

Troll all you like, but armor is still one of the most worthless mods. The only real difference this change made was people have to play a bit more carefully and instead of stacking shield mods, adding some other mods (ex power efficency, melee damage, sprint speed, shield recharge) is worthwhile.

rambo everything

This still works you just gotta go fast. IE play volt, god's chosen warframe.

Troll all you like, but armor is still one of the most worthless mods.

Which is why I run around on pluto beating the snot out of everything right? Because armor mods are so bad? Thank you for telling me how to play a game I find to be trivial in difficulty. I appreciate your input.

Edited by MegatechBody

Which is why I run around on pluto beating the snot out of everything right? Because armor mods are so bad? Thank you for telling me how to play a game I find to be trivial in difficulty. I appreciate your input.

So...the game is trivial the way you're playing it, yet you think that things that make the game trivial for others should be removed....because they make the game trivial.

Oh god, my head hurts.

So...the game is trivial the way you're playing it, yet you think that things that make the game trivial for others should be removed....because they make the game trivial.

Oh god, my head hurts.

Yeah a game should be challenging not trivial. Otherwise you just having a boring trivial game, as in what the game was insanely pre-shield nerf. They forgot to make armor mods additive too, not my problem.

Edited by MegatechBody

Yeah a game should be challenging not trivial. Otherwise you just having a boring trivial game, as in what the game was insanely pre-shield nerf. They forgot to make armor mods additive too, not my problem.

But you could make the game non-trivial for yourself by not abusing what you consider to be an exploit given their recent changes to shield mods, except you don't - and yet you think it's good to force the game to be non-trivial for everyone else. You're right, it's not your problem, if they made the game challenging for you I'm sure you'd just leave :)

But you could make the game non-trivial for yourself by not abusing what you consider to be an exploit given their recent changes to shield mods, except you don't - and yet you think it's good to force the game to be non-trivial for everyone else. You're right, it's not your problem, if they made the game challenging for you I'm sure you'd just leave :)

The problem is this game has a CooP idea behind it, so having one person being able to do that, wich is clearly game breaking, and have him join another that dosn't do that, would render the other a little useless in comparison to him not to mention it would take the fun out of the other since he can basically stand still in the middle of all the incoming fire while the other has to hide from time to time. If it's a singleplayer game it's fine but it's always controversial in online games.

The problem is this game has a CooP idea behind it, so having one person being able to do that, wich is clearly game breaking, and have him join another that dosn't do that, would render the other a little useless in comparison to him not to mention it would take the fun out of the other since he can basically stand still in the middle of all the incoming fire while the other has to hide from time to time. If it's a singleplayer game it's fine but it's always controversial in online games.

Yup pretty much also I want to be able to actually use the abilities the game has provided to me while being challenged. I don't want to have to take away gameplay elements just for the game to be challenging.

Challenging is having 500 fun tools as your disposal to do one very challenging and fun job. Not having to take away all those tools and have it be very challenging but not very fun.

Challenging is having 500 fun tools as your disposal to do one very challenging and fun job. Not having to take away all those tools and have it be very challenging but not very fun.

I'd like to see them remove the regen.

The irony.

The irony.

Regen isn't a fun situational tool that requires any creativity. It's just sitting there doing nothing waiting for your health to go back up. You're not even using it, it's not a tool. It's kinda like how overload actually reduces the fun in the game by not promoting creative use of your other tools like slides, cover, speed, eletric shield, teamwork, etc. Regen removes creativity in the game by reducing the incentive to use your tools.

Edited by MegatechBody

This still works you just gotta go fast. IE play volt, god's chosen warframe.

Lol, because you don't have trouble with an easy game armor must be good? Nice logic there. The problem is, If you actually are taking damage to health, you're not doing nearly as well as you think you are. And armor is only helpful if you get to that point.

Edited by Aggh

Regen isn't a fun situational tool that requires any creativity. It's just sitting there doing nothing waiting for your health to go back up. You're not even using it, it's not a tool. It's kinda like how overload actually reduces the fun in the game by not promoting creative use of your other tools like slides, cover, speed, eletric shield, teamwork, etc. Regen removes creativity in the game by reducing the incentive to use your tools.

Right, and if they removed regen, it would be stacking armor, and then it would be stacking sprint speed, and then etcetera etcetera ad infinitum. When you start taking things away, it's hard to find a compelling reason to stop if your criteria to begin with was "That one thing everyone is using to get through the game."

And just because YOU use regen that way doesn't mean everyone else does. What if someone used excalibur, ran in and made with the choppy-choppy, hit his flare to blind the mobs for a bit, and depended on that time "creatively won with a situational tool" to regen his shields to continue on?

Lol, because you don't have trouble with an easy game armor must be good? Nice logic there.

What I actually said was armor is a completely viable upgrade choice for players wanting to beat the snot out of things on pluto. Nice strawman there.

Right, and if they removed regen, it would be stacking armor, and then it would be stacking sprint speed, and then etcetera etcetera ad infinitum. When you start taking things away, it's hard to find a compelling reason to stop if your criteria to begin with was "That one thing everyone is using to get through the game."

And just because YOU use regen that way doesn't mean everyone else does. What if someone used excalibur, ran in and made with the choppy-choppy, hit his flare to blind the mobs for a bit, and depended on that time "creatively won with a situational tool" to regen his shields to continue on?

That's a slippery slope argument. It's not actually valid. How about we apply the argument to the specific context here, because the specific context is regen. The specific context is not armor, nor is it sprint speed. The fact that we remove regen does not make a supreme court precedent that anyone can and will remove anything from the game they feel like just because. The excalibur could use his blind to go find a health box as well, just as I use my electric shield. You know actually doing something and thinking instead of standing there and waiting for his health to get back up. It breaks the flow of gameplay pretty harshly. Kinda like cutscenes.

If you've ever played a game like Blood you would know the magic of well placed health pickups that move with the flow of the level. You would also know about the magical concept that is health management and picking off strategic opponents. Oh wait you can't just shoot whoever you want then hide and repeat. You actually have to pick a strategic enemy to remove from the game because you'll probably die if you don't take him down first.

Edited by MegatechBody

What I actually said was armor is a completely viable upgrade choice for players wanting to beat the snot out of things on pluto. Nice strawman there.

That's a slippery slope argument. It's not actually valid. How about we apply the argument to the specific context here, because the specific context is regen. The specific context is not armor, nor is is sprint speed. The excalibur could use his blind to go find a health box as well, just as I use my electric shield. You know actually doing something and thinking instead of standing there and waiting for his health to get back up. It breaks the flow of gameplay pretty harshly. Kinda like cutscenes.

If you've ever played a game like Blood you would know the magic of well placed health pickups that move with the flow of the level. You would also know about the magical concept that is health management and picking off strategic opponents. Oh wait you can't just shoot whoever you want then hide and repeat. You actually have to pick a strategic enemy to remove from the game because you'll probably die if you don't take him down first.

Armor only helps reduce damage to health. Even on pluto you shouldn't be taking any damage to health, the game is that easy after all.

Armor only helps reduce damage to health. Even on pluto you shouldn't be taking any damage to health, the game is that easy after all.

Taking strategic hits to take out an enemy or draw fire off an ally is a completely viable strategy but okay.

Edited by JayWalker
Removed insults.

Taking strategic hits to take out an enemy or draw fire off an ally is a completely viable strategy but okay.

Why not just kill everything instead? Lol @ implying this game needs to be played strategically.

Edited by JayWalker
Removed insult portion of quote

I'm loving the shield changes. It also makes using solely armor and health mods to survive as viable as shield stacking. The best thing about this change that I've noticed is how often I'm using powers now. I never used them in Pluto before and now I'm relying on them. It's a beautiful thing. Devs just need to make energy orbs shareable and possibly increase their drop rate a little and we'll be golden.