Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields after Update 5.3

AmmokK

For the Warframe devs a piece of constructive criticism: For the love of pie please tell players what the caps are and how much DR they're being subjected to.

A good "paperdoll" screen which displays all the statistics and how they are affected by upgrades and mods would be a start.

Edited by XAN3MK

well after playing a few with armor mods and a few sheilds mods my only concern is this: if you have some sheidls that go out and a lot of armor thats fine But every time you take damage to your Hp it doesnt regenerate, IE in a long firefight with no health drops then you are fooked since your defense resource (hp) doenst regenerate unlike sheilds, it makes for a harder more challenging game, but you whould die because you are unlucky with drops.

Stacking shields was ridiculous, it invalidated any other form of modding for high level play (just like the energy siphon artifact seems to be the only way to go, and now armour% stacking has replaced shield stacking). Numbers need tweaking, sure, but all forms of modding etc should be at least semi-viable depending on a change of tactics.

As for the platinum cuts, I agree that everything that affects gameplay should be available by credits/farming/etc rather than just platinum, but since the Pro changes, I believe that is the case? Currently (correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing that platinum gets you is cosmetics and/or convenience (earlier/easier access to weapons/warframes).

I'm sorry I'm writing now there was a lot of work.

Because it's cool in theory give the alarm.

But we take into account that today is my time that I stayed up in the game 9 hours. This is just over 1 alarm was given something. Total of 15 alerts were still outside is nothing but the money.

So I suggested they have a lot of time during the test no matter what you try to try to achieve a minimum of 6-7 days. This would mean taking the ingredients and is manufactured in.

I want you to be a little more substantial amount of shield but not because the gameplay just looks awful.

I'm sorry I'm not very good even now I learn English in hope to understand what I meant: D

assuming you get a rejuv artifact and decant armor mods

Yes i do. Armor/shield mods.

But then again i've leveled a character from 0 to 30 after the update without any particular stuff on it without any problems. It really isn't that hard.

Edited by Enfo

Armor does nothing if mobs hit u for 15 dmg +80%armor bring their dmg down to 14 dmg...So simply put i dont know WHAT armor does, as i havent notice its effects, cant track what my BASE armor is from the get nor can i see my incoming dmg, my shield melts aww in the same dying ice cube fashion when under fire, cover seems almost none exsistant with fire coming from all angles. Feeling like a super ninja atk bot sprigan thing i am not. More like a screaming quickly exhausted retired old man taking his Good loki out for a spin...with my daughter on the comms saying ..."guess what? its the Griner :D !

I run with extremely high armor and Rejuvenation. All i can say is that i never really die. The shield change was needed.

assuming you get a rejuv artifact and decant armor mods

i run armor mods plus reguv artifact... don't even need red orbs

well after playing a few with armor mods and a few sheilds mods my only concern is this: if you have some sheidls that go out and a lot of armor thats fine But every time you take damage to your Hp it doesnt regenerate, IE in a long firefight with no health drops then you are fooked since your defense resource (hp) doenst regenerate unlike sheilds, it makes for a harder more challenging game, but you whould die because you are unlucky with drops.

Everything I've seen show that armor/health tanking is too strong as well.

Not as strong as shield tanking was, but still much too strong, especially if you have some health restore consumables for those situations where health just decides to not drop.

Armor does nothing if mobs hit u for 15 dmg +80%armor bring their dmg down to 14 dmg...So simply put i dont know WHAT armor does, as i havent notice its effects, cant track what my BASE armor is from the get nor can i see my incoming dmg, my shield melts aww in the same dying ice cube fashion when under fire, cover seems almost none exsistant with fire coming from all angles. Feeling like a super ninja atk bot sprigan thing i am not. More like a screaming quickly exhausted retired old man taking his Good loki out for a spin...with my daughter on the comms saying ..."guess what? its the Griner :D !

Im not sure what you mean with the first sentance because if you had 80% reduction then 15 dmg would be 3 or do you mean that you only seem to take 1 less damage with 80% extra armor

Im not sure what you mean with the first sentance because if you had 80% reduction then 15 dmg would be 3 or do you mean that you only seem to take 1 less damage with 80% extra armor

I believe he meant if you had +80% onto base from mods, it still only reduces 15 damage to 14. Basically, the issue is we don't have enough data on base armour, %reduction per point of armour, etc. Though from testing and what people are saying, armour stacking is still legit - borderline OP even - since shields got nerfed.

I believe he meant if you had +80% onto base from mods, it still only reduces 15 damage to 14. Basically, the issue is we don't have enough data on base armour, %reduction per point of armour, etc. Though from testing and what people are saying, armour stacking is still legit - borderline OP even - since shields got nerfed.

You are correct sir! and You are incorrect Sir! it is NOT Op in the lest bit on pluto if im not hiding behind a crate sniffling and begging for mercy bullet continue on their merry way thru my shield, then thru my paper thin retirement frame and into my my old wrinkled bones. Killing me with much haste. The "OPness" must come when you have a Hp regn Art or sumthing The play still being forced is Hide and go seek

You are correct sir! and You are incorrect Sir! it is NOT Op in the lest bit on pluto if im not hiding behind a crate sniffling and begging for mercy bullet continue on their merry way thru my shield, then thru my paper thin retirement frame and into my my old wrinkled bones. Killing me with much haste. The "OPness" must come when you have a Hp regn Art or sumthing The play still being forced is Hide and go seek

Like I said, "from what people are saying". I've not tried pluto yet, as I haven't maxed my Warframe nor got the best armour mods. My testing is just with stacking armour on my Warframe and doing relevant missions, where it requires a lot of mobs shooting me for me to be in the proverbial S#&$. Also, I said borderline OP. It's entirely possible that the borderline OP side comes from having the HP regen artifact couple with high armour stacking.

It's entirely possible that the borderline OP side comes from having the HP regen artifact couple with high armour stacking.

Mxyzptlk!!!!!! How is that Hp Reg ARt btw? i havent found it and i wanna know how its rates are, is a slow tick tick or constant slow flow of hp. ( sry bout the off topic!)

Edited by Cozmyth

Mxyzptlk!!!!!! How is that Hp Reg ARt btw? i havent found it and i wanna know how its rates are, is a slow tick tick or constant slow flow of hp. ( sry bout the off topic!)

ive finally got one and it feels like 1 hp every 2.5-3 secs

Roughly about 1/second. Sometimes feels like it's 1/1.5 seconds. It's not gonna help you at ALL in Pluto.

I used to run shields for defense mods, but getting to Pluto means my shields evaporate. I'm not even kidding, just ONE Moa is enough to send me scurrying into cover. Before the patch, I felt that shields were okay in Pluto; after...not so much. Might consider investing into armor once I've got enough mods.

I'd like for there to be a sort of Shield Strength mod that worked like armor, but for shields.

Edited by Rusalki