The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Last Hotfix Improved Performance?

Kylecrafts

Maybe you guys can help me out then,  I know quite a bit about Nvidia and video cards in general-- I have been tweaking with my settings alot.

Ever since 14.1.4  I feel like after I've been in my ship walking around to various places to equip gear/mod things for a bit-- I start losing major framerate- to the point of where it is getting really annoying.  Before 14.1.4 I don't think I ever dropped below 40 FPS ever-- it doesn't seem to be lag that is caused by say-- more activity on the screen either.  

It's like as I am running through a level... I will hit a pocket, and for that small pocket I am slowed down slightly-- it's not latency and it's not Jerky Framerate drop-- its just weird.  In the ship it gets jerky-- sometimes in the game.. but mostly a slow mo like smooth drop then pick back up.  It never occurs upon the first mission or 2 in the game either.. it's like something that is causing it over time-- when I first enter the game everything is buttery smooth.  It's not overheating either, my card runs pretty hot anyway, but If I simply close the game out really quick.. It is good again for 2-3 missions.

Since I started on PC around U12  I have ran nothing less than everything on high besides Geometry detail which is on Medium

Motion Blur Off.

Really high (centimeter from max) FoV

Maybe there is a setting I don't know about you all can help me with-- That is causing something to get backed up and slow my video card down?

I have a Geforce GTX 560Ti 

Liquid cooled Quad core Alienware and a Samsung SSD

9 Gigs DDR3 Ram (don't know specific Hz)

Windows 7

any help at all would be appreciated (although I feel like its either hardware failure or something to do with this last update that I may not be able to help.)

Thanks in advance!

-Crackle2012 (PSN)

-Quatto87 (PC)

EDIT: Clarity -- It also doesn't seem to make it any worse if there are more people in the game and ALOT of stuff is going on-  It is just like a degrade in framerate (pretty fast degrade) over time that fixes itself upon a restart of the game, and occasionally on an options menu open (change a setting) save then close.

Edited by Quatto87

I have a Geforce GTX 560Ti 

now thats weird, i have an MSI GTX 560TI and pretty much the only things i care to turn off or down is shadows/motion blur/vsync/reflections and im flying along np, is this just a warframe issue for you or games in general?

I think they are on a permanent performance-improvement crunch, dropping bit for specific parts of the game on most updates. 

They want to make the game playable on as many IGP notebooks as possible.

Also, these optimizations end up benefiting PS4 & XBONE, since they are actually midrange PC parts (on the speedway to lorange as time passes)