Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus Enemies Rework

APBladeX

Eximus Changes

The various "leader" types are different for each faction, but they were previously called Leaders. These Leaders were changed to Eximus units recently, but some players thought that the Eximus title would apply only to the Corpus. Each faction has 3+ "leader" types varying by enemy type, with one exclusive "leader" type for a specific tileset if applicable. Here are some suggested changes to these "leader" types:

Corpus: Eximus

Blitz Eximus (Crewmen, MOA, Corpus Tech)-shockwave attacks and knockdowns, minimal blast damage upon death

Leech Eximus (Prod Crewmen)-inflicts slash + puncture + electric proc upon melee attack, slowly steals shields to regenerate its own

Guardian Eximus (Crewmen, Prod Crewmen, MOA, Corpus Tech, Osprey)-restores shields of self and allies, high shield count

Shock Eximus (Crewmen, MOA)-electric attacks and distorting vision effect, inflicts 100% damaging electric proc that temporarily stuns those affected when shields are damaged by melee attacks

Arctic Eximus: Outpost Tileset (Crewmen, Corpus Tech, Prod Crewmen)-cold attacks and mobile snowglobe power, Coolant Leak passive

Grineer: Leader

Arson Leader (Napalms, Bombards, Heavy Gunners)-fire attacks and AoE knockdown attack, 100% heat proc within 5 ft. radius

Arctic Leader (Lancers, Troopers, Butchers, Shield Lancers)-cold attacks and mobile snowglobe power, Coolant Leak passive

Energy Leader (Butchers, Scorpions, Shield Lancers)-energetic aura that generates minimal shield ratings and gives electric proc + damage capabilities to allies

Machinery Leader (Seekers)-rollers and latchers are more frequently deployed with improved health + armor + damage ratings to machine allies and self, can deploy specialized sensor mines that inflict 50% blast proc upon detonation within a small radius

Pathogen Leader: Forest Tileset (Heavy Gunners, Shield Lancers)-toxic attacks that drop "Cicero" antidotes for sabotage objectives, corrosive and gas attacks when confronted at close range

Overseer Leader: Settlement Tileset (Lancers, Troopers)-ranged attacks with 50% slash + electric procs, high armor and health ratings, bonus damage ratings given to allies

Infested: Mutalist (Mutalist Ospreys=Infested Ospreys)

Sanguine Mutalist (Chargers, Leapers, Ancients)-high health and armor ratings, 25% viral proc melee attack, boost attack speed aura for allies

Caustic Mutalist (Crawlers, Volatile Leapers, Ancients)-fire + corrosive attacks, AoE knockdown fire attack, 75% heat + corrosive proc on melee attack

Parasitic Mutalist (Crawlers, Chargers, Leapers)-high health ratings, small health regeneration aura, 25% toxin proc on melee attacks

Hivemind Mutalist (Ancients, Leapers)-can summon a number of Crawlers + Volatile Leapers + Infested Ospreys, stunning screech when threatened

Note: Infested Ancients no longer have a passive aura that benefits allies or affects enemies, instead reverts back to their original state pre-U14, without the Scorpion-grappling hook. Instead, the hook is replaced by a fast charge and "arm stretch" attack, knocking down enemies.

Corrupted: Sentry

Guardian Sentry (Orokin Drones, Corrupted Drones, Corrupted MOA, Corrupted Crewmen)-see Guardian Eximus for the Corpus

Sanguine Sentry (Corrupted Ancients)-see Sanguine Mutalist for the Infested

Arson Sentry (Corrupted Heavy Gunners)-see Arson Leader for the Grineer

Arctic Sentry (Corrupted Lancers, Corrupted Shield Lancers)-see Arctic Leader for the Grineer

Neural Sentry: Tower I-IV Assassination (Tower Sentry)-mindcontrolling aura that corrupts those that venture into the towers of the Void, electric attacks + Pull power, Freeze Power, Shock power, 50% radiation proc on melee attacks and knockdown attack when threatened

Note: Tower I-IV Assassination is a new Void game mode to sabotage/assassinate the Tower Sentry that is controlling the Corrupted of that area. Tower Sentries can be affected by the Neural Sentry type, further enhancing their abilities. Tower Sentries are actually advanced AI that has morphed their own minds into the figures of either a robotic unit, an Infested unit, or a humanoid unit.

Edited by APBladeX

Thanks for the feedback. I figured removing the energy drains was the best course of action based upon the community's general displeasure of the mechanic. Also, the Ancients were reverted back to their pre-U14 state because they basically perform as mini-Mutalists in normal form, and te overall mechanics of the new Ancients are just downright despicable. Reasons why:

-gives all enemies significant amounts of resistances to damage

-gives all enemies significant amounts of opportunities to drain the player's energy

-gives all enemies significant amounts of toxin damage, directly damaging health

-uses a Scorpion grappling hook, breaks immersion and lore

Leech Eximus are fulfilling their intended purpose and they make teamwork more rewarding.

How exactly is it rewarding? Energy drain mechanics are a very big slap to all players, where most warframes depend on energy to survive. How exactly is it rewarding teamwork by having Leech enemy types continue in their current state? Does it encourage teamwork or any strategy whatsoever? No.

How exactly is it rewarding? Energy drain mechanics are a very big slap to all players, where most warframes depend on energy to survive. How exactly is it rewarding teamwork by having Leech enemy types continue in their current state? Does it encourage teamwork or any strategy whatsoever? No.

Don't forget a whole horde of energy drain eximus in Infested maps.

Energy? What Energy?

I fail to see why everyone believes that their "personal" level of balance fits everyone else.

This is not "feedback" regarding the current units, this is replacing units with ones you think are more fun for you.

I fail to see why everyone believes that their "personal" level of balance fits everyone else.

This is not "feedback" regarding the current units, this is replacing units with ones you think are more fun for you.

I fail to see where I ever stated that my suggestions were the only acceptable options that should be praised and celebrated by everyone. This thread is open for constructive feedback and anyone else's suggestions. If you're not here to contribute constructively, I highly suggest you move along.