The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Is Rng, I Know, But Gah.

Mkilbride

Sometimes, it just doesn't feel like it.

For example. My first two weeks, I tried to get Oberon. I did high level survivals / defenses til 30-40 to get lots of Eximus. It was rough going to get him.

This past week, I've received almost 5 of each part of him. Now that I no longer need him. RNG, yes? But come on. That feels almost like it's on purpose.

Now I am going after the much popular, Loki Prime. I got his BP easily enough. I've done 4 T4 Survivals to 45M(Past this we weren't able to stay, our gear isn't there yet), and about 6 T1 Survivals to 55M(We can't hit that 60M barrier yet...almost.)

As for T4 Defense, we've tried about 3 times but usually die around the 30M mark cause some Bombard dude just nukes us all.  We're getting better gear, and formaing it and stuff,  we're a group of friends, so it's not so bad.

But boy is it frustrating to do a 55M T1 Survival and get the Latron Prime BP x2, and x2 T2 Capture keys and stuff like that. It's almost giving me Diablo 3 flash backs. Almost.

I understand the principle behind RNG, but I sometimes imagine there's someone who messes with the drop tables regularly. As sometimes when I do Seimei Defense, I get 0 cells for 10 runs on that day.

The next day, I do 5 runs and get 1-2 cells each run. Almost like RNG is tied to time of the week, hour, day. Perhaps. I am not sure.

you should take this game lightly, getting frustrated for digital goods is not good for your health

yeah, rng is awful, but DE haven't manifested the will to hange drop system, not yet...soo just don't try farming 24/7 one thing, sometimes take a break, go in the recuirt chat and play random missions with random people or ask in your guild if someone needs some help, it helps dissolve some frustration

PS: this belongs to feedback tho

Edited by Regar

Technically... The way I understand it, RNG works by using the date and time as a 'seed', then putting the sequence of numbers through a series of algorithms and operations so convoluted and unpredictable that what you get is a random number generated using the current date and time. Pseudo-random number generation, as it were.

But on the prevalence of RNG as an endgame content-filler, you know the feeling. It's unsatisfying and a poor alternative to decent endgame challenge. Try this thread. It might be a good read for you.

A suggestion that isn't new and I really want to see implemented to help combat this endgame melancholy would be to - rather than have people receive a fixed reward for defense mission wave rewards, present a choice of 3 items above wave 15 such that they get a say in what they're rewarded for their efforts. Something as simple as that would go a long way towards helping replayability and player retention.

Bombards are in the void now? o_o

Well...yeah?

Or whatever else decided to lob a grenade on the pod and manage to down status us all at once. In the future, we'll spread out more. :P

Edited by Mkilbride

Well...yeah?

Or whatever else decided to lob a grenade on the pod and manage to down status us all at once. In the future, we'll spread out more. :P

It was probably just a grenade then, any of the non heavy enemies in the void can toss grenades and they can 1 shot you if hit.

Cause as far as i'm aware there still isnt bombards in the void, and hopefully there never will be or its gameover once they start spawning a lot x_x

And to your op it really is just rng, there are some days i can farm t4 defense all day and get nothing but forma's to show and others days where loki's drop decides to show up in multiple runs but i dont think that its because the drops are tied to certain days at all since it is pretty random in the week when i get good drops.

Edited by Sev7n

I feel like RNG is not random at all too, i tried to get the rhino chassis, for like 50 t3 survivals and im not kidding you and not exaggerating, i did around 40 min on each, and then i did 2 solo runs, only me and set on solo, in tge first 1 i left on 35 with nothing, second one? Rhino chassis on 15, and then i got like 2 more with my friends in 1 run, so yeah not random (im talking when the chassis was super rare)

And as a noobie i learned about multishot, so i went to pluto defense every day i had acces to my pc atleast once for like 2 months, and then a friend from my clan gave me one and i got like 10 since then, and i have no idea from where but WTH? and i got tons of those stories, the point is RNG is being programmed by illuminati

i think that RNG isn't based on how diluted the drop tables are. let's say something has a 1% chance of dropping, it isn't based on how many things could drop. i think it's based on how many people are online playing the game. if there are a million people playing then only 1% of those people are going to get the good stuff...but that's just me and the way my strange mind thinks.

I think the one thing to understand with Warframe is that when things first come out, they are usually difficult to get because of RNG, and then it get easier with the next big update as all the void tables are shuffled around.

And you think what you're doing is frustrating, try searching for T4E keys.  I usually do Mars to have a hope of getting them, but then usually the game glitches and gives a T2D or T2C key as a reward (gee, thanks for that glitch), all in the vane hope that the game would drop a T4E key.

At least with Survival, you're getting a bunch of rewards, for T4E, you get one shot and the key is gone.  And farming for T4E or T1E keys is probably one of the most annoying things I've done in a while.  I don't know of a good way to get T1E keys, and I've almost burned though my reserve of them doing one or two a week for that last Wyrm part.  As for T4E, I've done Mars one or twice a night for two-three weeks and have a total of 4 T4E keys... 4, that's it.  And i'm going to be so annoyed once I do those keys because I know I won't get the Bo Prime part in 4 runs.

It's a general rule that if you look for it, it'll never come. The harder you want it the more you'll be frustrated that it won't drop. Whenever I do 2-3 Void runs and don't get what I want I usually just stop there. And on other times I keep running it and get 5 of the same thing in a row till I literally just drop everything and walk away. So done. 

Technically... The way I understand it, RNG works by using the date and time as a 'seed', then putting the sequence of numbers through a series of algorithms and operations so convoluted and unpredictable that what you get is a random number generated using the current date and time. Pseudo-random number generation, as it were.

But on the prevalence of RNG as an endgame content-filler, you know the feeling. It's unsatisfying and a poor alternative to decent endgame challenge. Try this thread. It might be a good read for you.

A suggestion that isn't new and I really want to see implemented to help combat this endgame melancholy would be to - rather than have people receive a fixed reward for defense mission wave rewards, present a choice of 3 items above wave 15 such that they get a say in what they're rewarded for their efforts. Something as simple as that would go a long way towards helping replayability and player retention.

most RNG's work on the cpu clock since it's less predictable than i.e. a date

Welcome to the desire sensor, where what ever you need never drops, and whatever you'll never need again drops 5x as much.

So, don't worry to much and try to have fun. RNG might be cruel, but the fact warframe has the legendary desire sensor lurking about is nightmarish to be angry at.

As for T4 Defense, we've tried about 3 times but usually die around the 30M mark cause some Bombard dude just nukes us all.  We're getting better gear, and formaing it and stuff,  we're a group of friends, so it's not so bad.

But Bombards aren't in the Void :(