Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So My Post Got Buried

Dubblicious

Wrote this post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286134-misleading-in-store-ad-for-dendra-armour/page-4#entry3282623 that was marked as hot in the General Discussion and the topic was about DE's Misleading In-Store Ad For Dendra Armour. It was moved/buried to Art & Animation.

I don't know, the section that it moved to did seem legitimate, but it did have the side effect of placing your post where no one will see it.  There's no way to tell if this was done in good faith or not, so it honestly seems pointless asking since this thread will just probably be deleted. 

The post was not about art or animation, but about a misleading feature ad in the store.

I read your original post, and it did come across as more feedback than general discussion to me.  

The Community Mods aren't trying to bury anything, it's their job to make sure things are in the right sub-forum.  

I do think forum moderators move things just for the sake of it, only skim reading stuff, or they misinterpret the thread and move it wrongly. At least once a day I see someone throw a fit at one of them for wrongly moving a thread.

Being moved to any section besides Extras or General Discussion is a death sentence, because not many people check the other sections. Sometimes, I deliberately post in General Discussion, when I know it could go somewhere else, just because if I don't post in GD, the topic gets ignored.

I do agree though, Dendra armour is massively misleading, the market advert bares absolutely no resemblance to the real thing, at all. Then again, the preview function exists, which surprisingly few players know about, so there needs to be a "Preview this item now" button, on the market place, which links you to your Arsenal to preview it.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

This thread is a rule violation so it will probably get deleted too.

It is definitely pointless because the mods always move threads, so it really isn't a big deal, but as far as I can tell no rules are being broken.

It was moved to the proper section. Learn where to post.

How are you helping anyone by posting arrogant comments such as "Learn where to post."?

I do think forum moderators move things just for the sake of it, only skim reading stuff, or they misinterpret the thread and move it wrongly. At least once a day I see someone throw a fit at one of them for wrongly moving a thread.

Being moved to any section besides Extras or General Discussion is a death sentence, because not many people check the other sections. Sometimes, I deliberately post in General Discussion, when I know it could go somewhere else, just because if I don't post in GD, the topic gets ignored.

I do agree though, Dendra armour is massively misleading, the market advert bares absolutely no resemblance to the real thing, at all.

I agree, the mods move a lot of threads and they probably don't read each one top to bottom before deciding where to put it.  It can always be moved again, maybe you could PM a mod if you really feel it is a bad idea to have it in Art/Animation feedback.

I read your original post, and it did come across as more feedback than general discussion to me.  

The Community Mods aren't trying to bury anything, it's their job to make sure things are in the right sub-forum.  

If I was giving feedback on the armour then I would agree with you, and it should be in the Art & Animation section. The post was not about the armour.

I do agree though, Dendra armour is massively misleading, the market advert bares absolutely no resemblance to the real thing, at all. Then again, the preview function exists, which surprisingly few players know about, so there needs to be a "Preview this item now" button, on the market place, which links you to your Arsenal to preview it.

Well let's hope that people looking at that ad , decide to preview that armour fist.

If I was giving feedback on the armour then I would agree with you, and it should be in the Art & Animation section. The post was not about the armour.

No, but it could be considered feedback about the ad for the armor and it seems that whichever mod moved it felt that was what it was.   

Ah, but your thread is about the armor, and your feedback about how you were disappointed in that it did not live up to its picture/description in the Market. This means that the art team can take a look at your feedback and perhaps make some changes and tweaks as to how it looks.

Then why, pray tell, do we have dedicated feedback subforums where specific parts of the game can get the proper attention from the devs themselves, who often post there? If other players don't bother to check the Feedback subforums, then that is totally on them (and you, if you choose to keep dumping threads in General Discussion, where they don't belong) - forum changes were even recently made to bump up the Feedback subforums for better visibility as well as removing GD's misleading description.

The thread was moved because it was posted in the wrong section - end of discussion. Please read and understand: