Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Has To Stop.

Look at it from a perspective that every Warframe player has experienced. You're on Io: Jupiter and about to hit the Fifth, tenth or twentieth wave and you get your option to either collect your reward and leave or stay and fight. Its at this point you determine how your team has been doing and you decide to stay because your enjoying the tankiness of the rhino, the clearly fun work of desecrating that nekros is doing, Trinity keeping your vitality up and you casting endless waves of flames at the never ending hordes of infested with your ember so you move yourself over to the right and make it clearly evident that you're willing to stay. The rest of your team follows you to the side of battle. But just before that clock hits 0, whether it be the rhino, nekros or trinity, at one second before you can even react you find yourself alone in a game without any chance of surviving letting you know you just got screwed out of a lot of resources and that sweet bonus xp at the end of the match. 

I want to tell DE to make a veto lock system to where you cant change your place once you've decided that you want to stay but I feel there's somebody that can tell me why they havent already..

I will always try to find out how long my team is willing to stay if it is with random Tenno but they are mostly unresponsive.

I try to stick with Tenno that are apart of my Clan but we're simply waiting for U14 to hit the PS4 servers so I've been scrambling for new members. 

Clan: Division Zero

Edited by (PS4)Tandris-Keldaos

How about just adding time (e.g. 5 seconds) to the timer every time someone changes a vote from stay to leave, or from leave to stay. Of course, this would have to be capped at 15 seconds or so to prevent trolls from just adding infinite time to the timer.

Complained about this a while ago.

My recommendation is to not even think about staying past wave 5 unless you can solo the mission or are playing with friends.

The real solution is to make it so that we can end the mission at any time after wave 5 and get our rewards. If your team betrays you at the last second on the "Continue?" screen and you find yourself alone at the start of wave 6, you just leave and get the win.

I was actually typing something in the chatbox when the "stay" or "leave" decisions were being made.

I didn't realize I didn't have to time to "leave" when all 3 of my mates had and I was stuck all alone on a Pluto defense map.

I stuck it out though, dropped a bad-&#! specter alongside and completed the following 5 waves by myself

It was panicky and unpleasant, but sometimes it tells you things about yourself you didn't realize

also, shouldn't this topic be under Feedback ?

if you plan to stay for long, try the recruit chat for building a squad.

and as others said, when playing with random people, only choose to stay, when you can solo the mission. I remember being trolled this way after wave 30 in a dark sector, spent 3 revives with nekros (not the best frame for solo defense, if you know what i mean), but i've got a life strike as reward

also, until DE adds some anti-troll mechanics, keep your mouse over the 'claim and exit' button, and if your reflexes are good enough, you can avoid this situation.

+1 to the timer increase, with a maximum of changes per player

Look at it from a perspective that every Warframe player has experienced. You're on Io: Jupiter and about to hit the Fifth, tenth or twentieth wave and you get your option to either collect your reward and leave or stay and fight. Its at this point you determine how your team has been doing and you decide to stay because your enjoying the tankiness of the rhino, the clearly fun work of desecrating that nekros is doing, Trinity keeping your vitality up and you casting endless waves of flames at the never ending hordes of infested with your ember so you move yourself over to the right and make it clearly evident that you're willing to stay. The rest of your team follows you to the side of battle. But just before that clock hits 0, whether it be the rhino, nekros or trinity, at one second before you can even react you find yourself alone in a game without any chance of surviving letting you know you just got screwed out of a lot of resources and that sweet bonus xp at the end of the match. 

I want to tell DE to make a veto lock system to where you cant change your place once you've decided that you want to stay but I feel there's somebody that can tell me why they havent already..

I will always try to find out how long my team is willing to stay if it is with random Tenno but they are mostly unresponsive.

I try to stick with Tenno that are apart of my Clan but we're simply waiting for U14 to hit the PS4 servers so I've been scrambling for new members. 

Clan: Division Zero

I agree with the lock system, also players who don't make a decision should automatically be forced to stay or lose out on rewards.

Hate defense trolls.

How about just adding time (e.g. 5 seconds) to the timer every time someone changes a vote from stay to leave, or from leave to stay. Of course, this would have to be capped at 15 seconds or so to prevent trolls from just adding infinite time to the timer.

So troll will just switch a few times to hit the cap, then quit at last second.

Easy solution.  If after the vote, and you are the only one left to do the mission, you get an emergency (troll) vote to leave that lasts 10 seconds to stay or go.  Pressing either button will make the choice go instantly since it is now single player.  If the group is two or more, there is no emergency vote.

Now, if one of the players is AFK and doesn't vote... you are out of luck but this will help prevent some trolling.   If they end up leaving mid match to leave you by yourself, they don't get their rewards.  I know some will still do that anyways, but there's only so much one can do.

Complained about this a while ago.

My recommendation is to not even think about staying past wave 5 unless you can solo the mission or are playing with friends.

The real solution is to make it so that we can end the mission at any time after wave 5 and get our rewards. If your team betrays you at the last second on the "Continue?" screen and you find yourself alone at the start of wave 6, you just leave and get the win.

To add to that, every five waves is guaranteed to get paid out to you.  If you get past wave 5 but your team bails at wave 7 and you have to leave, you get everything you've earned up to wave 5 at least.   The same for wave 10, 15, 20, etc.

What could work in this case...

Specific match ends, you get to select if you stay or you go. There is NO timer. The player selects their choice, and has to hit the confirm button. Once they do that, they have confirmed their choice. They cannot back out. Hence somebody who needs it can actually think about it, those that want to stay or go will have made their choice obvious.

Also sick of the one second pull-outers. 

I just did ODD with a Nova, he did this to the whole group and all went down the drain, we managed to survive 2 round after he left.

It's so easy to abuse this thing it's not even funny lol, because of this I always have my mouse ready to click on leave in case some dude decides to troll the entire party.