The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

Even though I am mastery rank 13 on Ps4, I still can't get into a public T4 Tower!

I main Excalibur (5x Forma) and I'm getting bagged on by 3 other people who are running....

- Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime,

I never even see what their secondaries and melee are because I get booted for being a " Excalibur Noob " ?

I've given up on pugs in T4 now.

This happening to anyone else?

Well, even though I'm going to argue on your side for this one, I do want to point out that being mastery 13 doesn't mean you are guaranteed "good". I've seen lots of mastery 16 people that aren't good at all, and I have clan-mates that have been mastery 9 and running 200 waves of things. Mastery doesn't mean skill by any means. But to your defense, excal can be a very good frame for crowd control, and those people are probably the mastery 16 people that I referred to before. They'll be stuck doing average runs forever with their cookie cutter compositions. Stay strong, there's good people out there somewhere:)

^ This

I main Excalibur(albeit prime) I still get flack from people, post match results, -their face when- I have most damage done, or was the only one not to go down in t4 survival post 50 min mark.

People overlook him because he is a "starter" frame. I like him so much I actually have three in total, my Prime, and then two regular ones , each formaded differently, lol

Haters gonna hate, keep on dashin' blindin' and javilin' and know that you aren't alone.

That was the most beautiful post i have ever read.You earn a truck of cookies.

@The OP

If anyone judge you by your frame without knowing how you perform with it, then you don't want to be in that team anyways, they are idiots and they probably don't even know the full potential of their own team.

You don't want to be with them,they are give you a service,you saved yourself from a headache and a bad gaming experience. They kicked you because they are brain dead? Well.. that's the best thing that could happen to you!

TBH, Rhino + Boltor primes pull their weight very well. 

When you are going into t4 and look to push as long as you can, They accept nothing less than meatgrinders.

Which is why I've given up playing in recruiting, clan, and alliance. Because someone wants to bring some weak frame and hold us back.

TBH, Rhino + Boltor primes pull their weight very well. 

When you are going into t4 and look to push as long as you can, They accept nothing less than meatgrinders.

Which is why I've given up playing in recruiting, clan, and alliance. Because someone wants to bring some weak frame and hold us back.

You gave me a good laugh!

Your damage<<<<<<Any kind if utility. On a T4 rhino is easily disposable and can be remplaced by any frame.

@The OP

If anyone judge you by your frame without knowing how you perform with it, then you don't want to be in that team anyways, they are idiots and they probably don't even know the full potential of their own team.

You don't want to be with them,they are give you a service,you saved yourself from a headache and a bad gaming experience. They kicked you because they are brain dead? Well.. that's the best thing that could happen to you!

That doesn't even make sense.  If they have never played with you then they have no way of knowing how you would perform with a sub-par frame. That's the entire point.  They have to judge just based on what the frame itself can do, and Excal is a one trick pony that very, very few people use well. If you don't want to waste a key then judging someone on their frame is the most logical solution.

You gave me a good laugh!

Your damage<<<<<<Any kind if utility. On a T4 rhino is easily disposable and can be remplaced by any frame.

It doesn't matter how good you are with certain frames, or with all frames. Unlike the vocal minority who can talk about how good they are all day long, you have the vast majority who arent as good.

Plus frames can represent playstyles. Maybe some players want brute strength + tank + some decent abilities instead of some nerfed frame in the junk bin. 

Iron skin and the ult make find abilities. And boltor primes can spit out some damage.

Though, not as good as my phage...

Bring a useful utility other than needing to be revived.

Edited by nitroz76

id take a radial blind excalibro over any rhino in any T4 mission on any squad any day 

you cant expect the scrubs to know this, take pity on their ignorance

going to have to either host your own keys as excalibro or change to a current meta frame or clanmates/friends who know ur deal 

It doesn't matter how good you are with certain frames, or with all frames. Unlike the vocal minority who can talk about how good they are all day long, you have the vast majority who arent as good.

Plus frames can represent playstyles. Maybe some players want brute strength + tank + some decent abilities instead of some nerfed frame in the junk bin.

Iron skin and the ult make find abilities. And boltor primes can spit out some damage.

Though, not as good as my phage...

Bring a useful utility other than needing to be revived.

Iron skin get teared down by anything when you pass the 40min mark,  on a T4 survival. Everyone know that.. expect you and the other peoples who never got that far. I have no idea of what nerfed frame you are talking about,because Excalibur was never nerfed.

The damage you do with your frame abilities is less valuable than a fly fart. Utility skills will always be better than any damaging skills in that game.

That doesn't even make sense.  If they have never played with you then they have no way of knowing how you would perform with a sub-par frame. That's the entire point.  They have to judge just based on what the frame itself can do, and Excal is a one trick pony that very, very few people use well. If you don't want to waste a key then judging someone on their frame is the most logical solution.

My post above was probably addressed to you. Keep kicking players from your team, you are giving them a service and saving them from what will probably be a bad gaming experience. If 1 single frame make you ''waste'' your key then you were probably not fit to run the key with your current team anyways.

Iron skin get teared down by anything when you pass the 40min mark,  on a T4 survival. Everyone know that.. expect you and the other peoples who never got that far. I have no idea of what nerfed frame you are talking about,because Excalibur was never nerfed.

The damage you do with your frame abilities is less valuable than a fly fart. Utility skills will always be better than any damaging skills in that game.

My post above was probably addressed to you. Keep kicking players from your team, you are giving them a service and saving them from what will probably be a bad gaming experience. If 1 single frame make you ''waste'' your key then you were probably not fit to run the key with your current team anyways.

Damage 2.0 nerfed Xcal.

They can always switch to a good frame if they want to go on my key. By kicking Xcal, I am saving us all (myself and the other two players too) from a bad experience.

Damage 2.0 nerfed Xcal.

They can always switch to a good frame if they want to go on my key. By kicking Xcal, I am saving us all (myself and the other two players too) from a bad experience.

Checked back in the patch notes and I see no mention of that. Can you please back up your ''argument''?

I'm asking you for the patch note, and when the build most people use is a Blind build, what does damage 2.0 has to do with anything?

It means that after Damage 2.0 his other abilities are weaker, and he has become a one trick pony.

All of the frames were affected by damage 2.0 but whatever. If you chose to use a frame w/o using your brain well.. that's more freedom for you.

I'm still waiting for the patch note that said that Excalibur and only Excalibur was nerfed.

It means that after Damage 2.0 his other abilities are weaker, and he has become a one trick pony.

excalibur never get nerf, maybe will get buff in future

for 1 hours+ (or maybe more depend your squad and weapon) t4 surv run, radial blind build still can handle it

Damage 2.0 nerfed Xcal.

Judging someone by the frame they choose is a noob move. A player may very well use rhino p boltor p but if he doesn't know what to do or is getting downed everytime then he's a bad addition to your team.

So really, if you don't want to waste your key, play with people you know...

Let it go guys. There are some people who will still keep arguing even when you show them reason. It's his option to like or dislike excalibur. Let DesecratedFlame (I hope i got your name right :D) make his lobbies and judge frames the way he chooses. From his arguments there's nothing we can say to change his mindset. I just hope you don't infect other people with your prejudiced mindset.  

today i was using my ONE AND ONLY EXCALIBUR,(stalker color scheme,but putting black instead of grey cause i can),and i modified his mods and such.Total Destroyer as of now.Before i needed some revives and a teammate to be honest,but after my upgrades i can solo most things now:D.Add to it,20 minutes ago i defeated stalker,got his dread blueprint,ankyros prime blueprint,and ankbronco prime blueprint.Along with frost prime chasis,ember prime parts,and the last ingredient for the kubrow incubator formula thing.Excalibur is EXTREMELY good imo,and because of him i  just had my best night in Warframe ever.ALL HAIL EXCALIBRO

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Something I just realised, all three of the starter frames are sort of under rated. Mag, Excal and Volt. Most people like Volt for the speeeeed, my personal preferance is CC with shock to spam all day. Mag has Pull and Excal has radial blind.

Was kinda the same with Loki with nubs. They think his invisibility is the most important thing, radial disarm is another way to play him and his decoy is useful....

Let it go guys. There are some people who will still keep arguing even when you show them reason. It's his option to like or dislike excalibur. Let DesecratedFlame (I hope i got your name right :D) make his lobbies and judge frames the way he chooses. From his arguments there's nothing we can say to change his mindset. I just hope you don't infect other people with your prejudiced mindset.  

It's a two way street.  You can't get me to like Xcal, and I can't get you too see why there is always a better choice. 

Can a great player do well with him? Yes, but they would do even better with a good frame.

Are most random players going to be good players? No.  Keeping that in mind, there is no reason to take a random Xcal on my keys.  If I know you, played with you, and you proved to me that you are the one-in-a-million, good Xcal player then of course I would let you use him, but that is not what the thread is about.

The problem with Xcal is that he is middle of the pack in terms of usefulness. However, he promotes a bad play style, and you see it at all levels with Xcal.  It doesn't help that he is the primary starter frame.