Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

Not sure how you think one person is a fair representation of an entire group. I just speak for myself so please don't try to use me to start a console war. That said, this is my personal tier list:

1. Trinity2. Loki3. Vauban4. Mirage5. Nova6. Nyx7. Rhino8. Mag9. Valkyr10. Nekros11. Volt12. Ash13. Excalibur14. Banshee15. Frost16. Saryn17. Ember18. Zephyr19. Hydroid20. Oberon

The closer to 1. the more I want you on my team. Now keep in mind, this is talking about randoms. If we have played together, and you have shown you can hold your own, then I would let you join even with an Oberon.

I'm not interested in starting a console war or anything like that. You just gave me a general impression of the PS4 players(Not including all of them of course.)

Your tier list doesn't mean anything. You can't comprehend the usefulness of Excal and that's your loss. The simple fact that you have a tier list prove that you don't even have try to understand the other frames.

Having that kind of players in a team is more detrimental than using any "bad frames".

I'm not interested in starting a console war or anything like that. You just gave me a general impression of the PS4 players(Not including all of them of course.)

Your tier list doesn't mean anything. You can't comprehend the usefulness of Excal and that's your loss. The simple fact that you have a tier list prove that you don't even have try to understand the other frames.

Having that kind of players in a team is more detrimental than using any "bad frames".

Actually, having a tier list shows I have put more thought into it than a lot of people.  If I don't know you then the only thing I can judge you on is your gear.

Actually, having a tier list shows I have put more thought into it than a lot of people.  If I don't know you then the only thing I can judge you on is your gear.

Anyone who has played this game long enough understands that each frame has its uses, but will not tier Warframes because that is nothing more than a beginner's move. Where you can make a tier list, I can make a reason why every frame deserves to be up at the top with each other. Don't believe me?

Ash - Ridiculous empirical damage output, may scale off eventually, but not fast enough for it to reasonably make a difference. Invis is a bonus.

Banshee - CC + Insane damage booster with Sonar

Ember - Lower damage, wider range CC with the effects of DoT and "stun" from Burning status

Excalibur - Radial Blind never is scaled out by level, extremely energy efficient CC

Frost - Snow Globe fantastic as a team/self defense mechanism, scales out but first 4 seconds of absorption make it less so

Hydroid - Undertow CC, Tempest Barrage cheapest (energy wise) CC I've seen, Tentacle Swarm also extremely powerful in incapacitating enemies

Loki - Disarm, Invis, need I say more?

Mag - Crush and Pull damage and stun for individual and crowds respectively

Mirage - Ridiculous damage; HoM + Eclispe in sunlight

Nekros - Good luck doing survival without him. Or trying to farm for a loot drop. Or doing a No Shields nightmare mission without Rejuvenation or Rhino (Or Rhinoob, as many people like to call him)

Nova - Double damage, slows down/speeds up enemies

Nyx - Absorb pretty much kills anything. Chaos also very useful. And Mind Control.

Oberon - Reckoning CCs, Healing Wave is fantastic Rejuvenation substitute if you wish to use other Aura mods

Rhino - Makes anything under level 60 easy-mode. Roar is ridiculously powerful. Stomp has 8 second CC unaffected by duration mods.

Saryn - Sweet mother of Viral and Corrosive procs

Trinity - Healing goddess of keeping everyone not dead

Valkyr - Invincibility, makes meleeing pretty fantastic, also great team buffs

Vauban - Bastille + Vortex CC game very strong, Tesla last very long, Bounce is a must for any house party

Volt - Without him you'd still be running at regular pace. Shields turn many weapons from decent to amazing.

Zephyr - Turbulence is amazing if built correctly, greatest mobility of any Warframe. (not counting Decoy + Switch Teleport etc.)

There's no clear distinction between "tiers" or anything of the sort. Popularity amongst the playerbase maybe. Tiers? Definitely not. You don't see people rock Hydroid often do you? I highly doubt you've played Zephyr built for Turbulence either.

There are no tiers. There are only players willing to try "bad" frames and show their true potential and players who are only comfortable sticking with what is believed to be "meta".

Edited by Arabaxus

Anyone who has played this game long enough understands that each frame has its uses, but will not tier Warframes because that is nothing more than a beginner's move. Where you can make a tier list, I can make a reason why every frame deserves to be up at the top with each other.

Oberon - Reckoning CCs, Healing Wave is fantastic Rejuvenation substitute if you wish to use other Aura mods

I stopped reading there.

A tier list for frames that all do different things is pretty irrelevant.

For the most part these list do nothing except promote an Idea that frame X is absolutely better than frame Y. It is part of how so many have come to the conclusion that Excalibur is a bad frame. Many player come into the game and the first sound (yet misleading) advice they get is to get Rhino asap. This is good advice given the way content scales and how hardy the frame is. the Problem is they take this base level hardiness as a true score of viability in all content. 

If we look at the OP where we see 3 Rhino Primes and 3 Boltor Primes we have a near perfect example of the issue. Misinformation and narrow views has led many to believe that certain frames and weapons aren't viable despite being perfect viable and more appropriate for certain content.

I think many players just have too limited a level of experience and diversity in party composition to break out of the idea that there is one meta for each and every situation. Trying to express where one might be lacking in terms of scope is difficult as many players think they have all the information they need already.  

Edited by TheGuy08

For the most part these list do nothing except promote an Idea that frame X is absolutely better than frame Y. It is part of how so many have come to the conclusion that Excalibur is a bad frame. Many player come into the game and the first sound (yet misleading) advice they get is to get Rhino asap. This is good advice given the way content scales and how hardy the frame is. the Problem is they take this base level hardiness as a true score of viability in all content. 

If we look at the OP where we see 3 Rhino Primes and 3 Boltor Primes we have a near perfect example of the issue. Misinformation and narrow views has led many to believe that certain frames and weapons aren't viable despite being perfect viable and more appropriate for certain content.

I think many players just have too limited a level of experience and diversity in party composition to break out of the idea that there is one meta for each and every situation. Trying to express where one might be lacking in terms of scope is difficult as many players think they have all the information they need already.  

Rhino is only rank 7 on my personal tier list.

What he mean is that tiers list like those worth as much as used toilet paper and that they are negative for the game.

I disagree. I think they are helpful when they are created in a non-biased way.  For example, Oberon being on the bottom of the list doesn't mean players are bad for using him.  It just means Oberon needs a buff.

*sighs so much that no air is left in my lungs.*

Flame. Stop. No one is taking your side, no one is agreeing with you on this. 

Personally, I think that Excal is a damn good frame. Blind is very useful and radial javelin is damn good. 

One of my friends uses an Excal with his abilities and we were able to survive for about 35 minutes on T3.

I disagree. I think they are helpful when they are created in a non-biased way.  For example, Oberon being on the bottom of the list doesn't mean players are bad for using him.  It just means Oberon needs a buff.

So how can we know yours isn't biased in any way?

Anyone who has played this game long enough understands that each frame has its uses, but will not tier Warframes because that is nothing more than a beginner's move. Where you can make a tier list, I can make a reason why every frame deserves to be up at the top with each other. Don't believe me?

There are no tiers. There are only players willing to try "bad" frames and show their true potential and players who are only comfortable sticking with what is believed to be "meta".

I think someone should etch this in as a very visible quote some place on the signup screen. I will borrow a line for Tim Gunn,"Make it Work!".

In this clip he is talking about fashion but if you apply his general idea to all the "useless frames", (Oberon, Saryn, etc.) while you wait for their buff you could likely come up with builds no one has thought of that works. 

*sighs so much that no air is left in my lungs.*

Flame. Stop. No one is taking your side, no one is agreeing with you on this. 

Personally, I think that Excal is a damn good frame. Blind is very useful and radial javelin is damn good. 

One of my friends uses an Excal with his abilities and we were able to survive for about 35 minutes on T3.

So how can we know yours isn't biased in any way?

Doesn't matter if people here are taking my side or not. OP wanted to why people dislike Excal, and I am one of those people so I am expressing why that is.

You can never really be 100% sure that it is not biased, but I made it in good faith trying to base it on the frame's usefulness and not my personal favorites.  If it was based on my personal favorites then Volt would be one and Nova would be two.

Excalibur is good (any frame is good really). People who play Rhino Prime with Boltor Prime are usually brain dead anyways so don't listen to them. XD

I do disagree.

Even if I run with Rhino Prime the hardest missions(not T4, where I think there are more useful frames and coordinated teams), it doesn't mean it's my favourite frame or the funniest one.

I love to play with Excalibur(that Proto Armor Skin made him even more bad**s than before), Oberon, Mirage much more than Rhino, but there are some situations where the funny part of the game has just to be forgotten for a couple of runs: in this moment I'm trying to end with my Huras Kubrow build, meaning that I've put in 5 Forma. This made me run Sechura tons of times with almost only Loki Prime and Rhino Prime, just because they were the best choice in terms of Kubrow survival.

This doesn't mean I have a dead brain, it's just that Rhino Prime is quite handy and safe in a bit more situations than other frames.

But when I play just for fun I don't see reasons to use a Rhino, since it's not really that funny!

Because people are conservative and want everything made by the book. They don't want any "funny" things on their way. They go on lvl4 for succesful long grind session, not fun. Fun is nearly not allowed there. You asking why people want Rhino? Well, because it's hard to screw things up on this frame. And, even more importantly, it has never been a starter frame. And pretty much everyone on starter frame is considered a noob, "f2p" and unreliable player overall.

Aside from that, excalibur is bad. Yes, he can stun-lock enemies in one place... should he screw things up/catch blast proc and he is a dead meat, pony without tricks.