Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Ship Race/battles

natopwnzor

Races, probably, but combat? Most likely not any time soon.

I was thinking the other way around... lol

Races? Meh. But the space battles would be just too awesome if they get it right.

Something like this should be possible with their engine:

Edited by CapricaSix

I was thinking the other way around... lol

Races? Meh. But the space battles would be just too awesome if they get it right.

If there are space battles, it would probably be in a ship other than the Liset, considering the Liset is used for getting in and out of places undetected.

+1 There is definetly no better way to flush developers manpower down the sink. Since there aren't any other

reasonable things to do for the devs. All this well thought-out systems and mechanics with this incredible well

functioning UI, and the divine AI wich sets new standards for the whole industry. All that with zero to very little bugs.

(Sorry I lost my sarcasm tags in another thread)

I wouldn't put this off to far! Who knows, this may sneak up on us someday like the liset did. And don't forget, the ability to control the liset during the loading screen snuck up on us.

For people watching the Dev streams, the Liset was far from a surprise.

+1 There is definetly no better way to flush developers manpower down the sink. Since there aren't any other

reasonable things to do for the devs. All this well thought-out systems and mechanics with this incredible well

functioning UI, and the divine AI wich sets new standards for the whole industry. All that with zero to very little bugs.

(Sorry I lost my sarcasm tags in another thread)

lol good point. Maybe after the full release then, as an expansion update.

But admit it, it would've been cool. ADMIT IT! :O

Edited by CapricaSix

Can't see it ever happening, also I don't want them too.  Not because it wouldn't be fun or that I am against the idea, but because it would take away resources for continuing the development of the core game.  The current game is lacking in a lot of endgame play and game play dealing with lore.  There are many aspects of the game that need attention and racing/dogfighting would just detract from the development of the game.  Besides, the Liset is a stealth drop ship, from what I can tell it isn't even armed, it kind of kills the space combat idea right there.  Also there is no flight controls, just a nav console, leading me to believe that the tenno don't actually fly the ship, that is likely Ordis that is piloting.  It just wouldn't fit in this game I think.

Well, I guess we might see this topic again in the future hopefully. I just thought that now that we can actually walk inside our ships, we might actually be able to control them. But another thing is kinda gnawing at my mind, we save captains from Rescue missions, but what do the Captains command? Their own fleet of ships, or a Tenno battleship? Or has it not gone that far?

Exactly why we won't have battles.

Totally, because it's not like we will ever be able to get our hands on bigger, more powerful ships, or even get a system where our little Liset can dock with a larger ship to give us extra features. 

Nope, DE is just gonna make this cramped little Liset and then that's it, nothing else at all in that department, just the little escape pod Lisets and no plans of future expansion or upgrades.  

Totally, because it's not like we will ever be able to get our hands on bigger, more powerful ships, or even get a system where our little Liset can dock with a larger ship to give us extra features. 

Nope, DE is just gonna make this cramped little Liset and then that's it, nothing else at all in that department, just the little escape pod Lisets and no plans of future expansion or upgrades.  

Why would we need bigger ships? The job of the Tenno, currently, is to get to the mission area undetected, take care of the mission, and then get out undetected, or at least make it difficult to be tailed after escape. As it is, we can clearly take down large ships by destroying the power core (ala Sabotage missions), so why would we need an assault ship?

Why would we need bigger ships? The job of the Tenno, currently, is to get to the mission area undetected, take care of the mission, and then get out undetected, or at least make it difficult to be tailed after escape. As it is, we can clearly take down large ships by destroying the power core (ala Sabotage missions), so why would we need an assault ship?

Why do we need dogs?  Why do we need sentinels?  Why do we even need weapons?  We can do all that stuff you said without them.

Bro, do you even devstream?