Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Event...

Runabou

Overall I appreciate new content and new events. I know I'm going to get some flak because of this thread, but don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate it. A company that constantly adds new fixes, additions, and the like is WONDERFUL. BUT, I will not brown-nose.

I've been playing for quite awhile now, and for better or for worse, the game has gained much notoriety and even more to do, but the more that happens, it seems that certain things grow lack-luster and a bit more...thoughtless, to say the least. I can't say that, once again, I don't appreciate new events to keep us on edge, but it seems dull having an event like this in particular unless they become permanent additions.

Allow me to explain further...

I believe, whole heartedly, that the events have just grown duller, and duller, and duller since I've started, and if not duller, they grow more and more tedious, with more worthless results (id est, the Brakk event [since the Brakk was later nerfed and rereleased]). While I appreciate long winded entertaining missions, some of these things grow bothersome, and this event takes the cake. Four or five simple missions only for something that doesn't feel worthwhile. It feels like boring filler until the next major release phase of the game.

Perhaps the event releases every short amount of time should be limited. It feels like ideas are running short and rewards are running dry.

Once again, I know that I'm going to receive the inevitable flak and going to be called a whiner for all of this, but it's the truth. On top of the disappointing events, some of the buffs/nerfs seem lack luster as well... Maybe I'm asking too much for more thought or community input to be put into the game, but there really need to be some serious changes in the near future, otherwise the game, at least as I see it, will eventually choke on the fluids we so generously help gulp down.

Remember, they're announcing something bigger then U14 is altogether in like 2 days, so their attention will be on that new content hence why we're having a slight dry period after U14 hit. Just be glad we're getting updates and feel sorry for the ps4 guys who are luckily stuck with that decent old UI that I wish was still on the PC... But that's a whole other story

PS. The UI team done goofed with the starmap

It's still the fact that it's not exactly... enjoyable. It's bland, it's boring, and it's not worthwhile. If it's bad, why let it even come into existence? I'd rather hope for something like the nightmare tethra mission, something as an incentive to make it more worthwhile. It just doesn't feel worthy of being called an event.

I agree if the rewards from the events are something that can be got via platinum they may as well do an event that rewards something newer or broker players can really use like a free warframe slot or pair of weapon slots to help keep the newer players interested in the game I know when I started I bought extra frame slots as recommended to me and in a few short days already had them filled if there's gonna be an event like breeding ground that was really difficult something major like a free slot would make the event really worth doing especially for new players

Let me add a little bit to this aswell , a little off topic, sort of not about this event, but still fits :

I've noticed lately, that the corpus keep being weakened, whilst the grineer continue being strong, I wasn't fully around for Tethra's Doom event because warframe had no tangible warning system, when events deployed... But, Grineer as a whole need to be nerfed.

If you look at the heavy units on the corpus side (Shockwave moas, Techs, etc.) And compare them to grineer units (Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunner, etc) The grineer ALWAYS win in the end, if even troops are battled against each other... I've tried doing Vay Hek long after the event, to try to get myself hydroid, and I was surprised to get my &#! thrown around by his rockets and orbital strikes.

Another topic I will not get into right now, is how DE has plenty of cosmetics, but they still charge plat for slots... I can't use the affinity booster, if I don't have new slots , and can't buy them, wake up , DE.

If this is just to complain about the affinity booster, then yes, this is way too long a thread for that.

Also, the Brakk didn't come from a "Brakk event". We also got the Machete Wraith out of that, and I don't see that anywhere else around.

I agree with the above three replies below mine. The Cicero Toxin event was much more enjoyable event than the Avalanche Conflict. It's just...not good.

@Mcl_BlueMadness

The "Brakk event" as I put it was the invasion event. The difference between the Brakk and the Machete Wraith is that one is Wraith. There are currently no other ways to obtain the wraith or vandal weapons. The brakk, however in comparison to the machete wraith, was fifty missions.
What angered me about the "Brakk event" as I put it, since that's what most went for, is the fact that we, inclusion of all of the individuals that obtained brakk, went through several hours of effort to get something that could be received in a signficiantly shorter amount of time.

Edited by Mystecia

If this is just to complain about the affinity booster, then yes, this is way too long a thread for that.

Also, the Brakk didn't come from a "Brakk event". We also got the Machete Wraith out of that, and I don't see that anywhere else around.

Maybe because it's a "Wraith" Collectable item?! You really should think about it more, before you actually speak about it, Strun Wraith, Machete Wraith, Snipetron Vandal , Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, just from this handful of names, You can't get them, they're collectables... You know what I mean?

all they did was throw a name on a mission and buffed a few guys. But really, what could you expect? they are still working on other things atm, and they TRY NOT TO disappoint us by putting these things out but when you're lacking time it's the best you can do.

@jennibear  It's extremely understandable, but if you're lacking time on creation, why do it at all? This isn't a school project, there is no set due date to release a new event. The point I was trying to make, merely, was the fact that it was illy-created. Why not wait until the NEXT WEEK when you have the ability to release something more enjoyable?

The "Brakk event" as I put it was the invasion event. The difference between the Brakk and the Machete Wraith is that one is Wraith. There are currently no other ways to obtain the wraith or vandal weapons. The brakk, however in comparison to the machete wraith, was fifty missions.

What angered me about the "Brakk event" as I put it, since that's what most went for, is the fact that we, inclusion of all of the individuals that obtained brakk, went through several hours of effort to get something that could be received in a signficiantly shorter amount of time.

So you don't care about the rest of the event, then. K.

Maybe because it's a "Wraith" Collectable item?! You really should think about it more, before you actually speak about it, Strun Wraith, Machete Wraith, Snipetron Vandal , Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, just from this handful of names, You can't get them, they're collectables... You know what I mean?

Gee, thanks for pointing out my own point to myself, Doctor.

@jennibear  It's extremely understandable, but if you're lacking time on creation, why do it at all? This isn't a school project, there is no set due date to release a new event. The point I was trying to make, merely, was the fact that it was illy-created. Why not wait until the NEXT WEEK when you have the ability to release something more enjoyable?

because people get mad and rage, they are pressured to release something IMO. This is the filler we get.

I fully understand where you are coming from though, and yes the event is kind of stale. I got super excited when I saw the alert on my phone because I thought it was the cold + status mods event. But what can ya do? :|

also hopefully KingTaro is right and it's only the first stage of the event

Edited by jennibear

@Mcl_BlueMadness   You seem to take a lot out of context, my friend. While aggravatingly long events that you'd see in WoW are something to be expected, when you have things you could be doing elsewhere. The events in, say, World of Warcraft, as I mentioned, last for weeks. Whilst here, they last maybe anywhere from a few days to no more than a week or week and a half on a good occasion. To get these "exclusives" you must go through strenuous events for several hours on end.
Nobody wants to spend hours on end fighting for something that they don't know will be rereleased later under less strenuous circumstances.

Post-script: The way you reply comes off as rude and condescending, why not try to come off as somewhat professional, please and thank you?

@jennibear &KingTaro

You both aren't the only ones that hope that this will continue instead of being a boring filler event. Truthfully, something like the Tethra's Doom as I mentioned earlier sounds a bit more enjoyable than five simple missions that are more of a worthless standard event.

Ok guys a couple of things, and I'm not trying to be a White Knight by any stretch of the imagination for those who know me on the forums. As someone said earlier this event is just to give us something to do till Friday and the "big" announcement is made and to those who think this is the beginning of something bigger, remember that one event where everyone thought there was going to be more and there was not, well this will be the same so don't get your hopes up.

Well, to be fair to the mission, I really liked it. The constant ice halving my shields, all the snow globes and movement slowing meant it played differently to other missions and I found it to be a nice change of pace and a interesting challenge.

I personally like the idea of frequent smaller events between the really big ones. Who says the two are have to be exclusive? this does not replace the big events, but can provide unique challenges to break up the mononotomy of just normal operating procedure.

it's not an event without a badge 

Well it is, and to be honest, the Avalanche Offensive isn't even stated as being an 'Operation' under the Stats of your account.

So you can simply call it a mini-event, or a glamorous 'invasion' mission with the battle pay being Affinity Booster (3 days).

Hopefully the main event will bring better rewards and depth.

That was a crap reward from the worst event I've seen them pull.

I'd even take the crappy camera event over this.

AT LEAST WE GOT SOMETHING OF WORTH!

Remember it was to easy, think about it. That was just only the beginning.