Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recent Buff Enough To "bring Back" Snipers?

-RL-Shabby

I am still kinda confused.I don't have the Snipertron or the Snipertron Vandal so I don't have any idea about them,but for some reason all the other snipers that I have feel the same as before.Maybe I am wrong,but don't you think,that a greater crit chance buff would have been more useful?I could really use giving some rest to my dread and paris prime.Thank You

the lanka is still so awkward with the scope that weapon just needs the scope removed honestly

the Vectis is back with a Proc build making it great for defenses at just killing Heavies or even using it as a mind control at range with radiation

honestly both need a major buff in my eyes still, maybe to crit chance 10% or something the Vectis is pretty much viable 5 % would be enough for it as that would make it perfect

btw looking at the Vulkar gives me PTSD so I havent built a new one and dont intend to

the lanka is still so awkward with the scope that weapon just needs the scope removed honestly

the Vectis is back with a Proc build making it great for defenses at just killing Heavies or even using it as a mind control at range with radiation

honestly both need a major buff in my eyes still, maybe to crit chance 10% or something the Vectis is pretty much viable 5 % would be enough for it as that would make it perfect

btw looking at the Vulkar gives me PTSD so I havent built a new one and dont intend to

A sniper with an ability to deliver red crits with maxed point strike is a good idea I guess.

No by long shot,i try 2day my 6 forma lanka and my dread and paris prime is far better,lanka is not even close and i can't understand why in the small dmg attake from lanka again you need to charge it so you can shot,why they don't remove the charge on small attack so i can spam the normal attacks (the 100 dmg ones) so if i am in group of enemies i can do something with my lanka...

I'm not sure if the buffs are good enough to bring them back.

But I'm sure I'm NOT gonna use them until DE fix/calibrate sniper scope.

It's a bug related to screen ratio. If your scope is oval instead of circle, then the bug will be there.

In terms of making snipers more worthwhile, I think only the Vectis got any really meaningful change (and the Vandal's was nice, frees up Metal Auger or Shred slot).

Damage on all 3 is nice, but I think most people are still concerned about the other aspects of the weapons (crit chance and all of that).

Lanka could've used a slight charging time buff. I remember reading a Lanka change thread making it 1.25 seconds, which sounds great. It's possible DE wants to make a weapon that feels strong and is offset by the charge time, but when bows crit 100% of the time, Lanka needs to literally be at least 4x stronger to rival that.

Vectis practically got a reload time buff that makes its time between reloads as good as Vulkar's fire rate. Especially considering it has a more comfortable zoom, doesn't need to stop zooming to reload, and only has a <1 second reload makes it better than the Vulkar for sure. The proc chance gives it possible build varieties, but ultimately obsoletes Vulkar in the one thing the Vulkar actually could do "better."

Vulkar just got basically damage and reload speed. It's now a little nicer to use especially if you only do the 3/4 reload (and even more so with Fast Hands). But most people hate it in the first place and it wasn't overwhelmingly buffed to make people enjoy it any more than they had before.

The problem with snipers is that they had basically gotten a buff that makes it nicer for people already using snipers. You're scarcely going to find any bow, Boltor Prime, launcher, etc. converting to snipers because the snipers still have the same issues with them in the first place. I mean, I like using snipers, but I was already using them anyway.

Edited by Otenko

I am still kinda confused.I don't have the Snipertron or the Snipertron Vandal so I don't have any idea about them,but for some reason all the other snipers that I have feel the same as before.Maybe I am wrong,but don't you think,that a greater crit chance buff would have been more useful?I could really use giving some rest to my dread and paris prime.Thank You

They did a good job on snipetron vandal, by adding 3 points of punch through. It saves me 10 points of slots on shred.