Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Karyst A Good Weapon?

DALOS

Question

15 answers to this question

I like this weapon. Good base attack. The one thing that really brings this weapon down is that 0.8 attack speed. Its painfully slow but powerful. However I'm sure with valkyr it should be more viable. Sadly i think spoiled strike wouldn't be a good idea on this weapon. 

Oh and using the karyst when you don't have it equipped seems to improve attack speed a lot. 

Also procs toxin often which is nice. 

Edited by FaintestAura

I like this weapon. Good base attack. The one thing that really brings this weapon down is that 0.8 attack speed. Its painfully slow but powerful. However I'm sure with valkyr it should be more viable. Sadly i think spoiled strike wouldn't be a good idea on this weapon. 

Oh and using the karyst when you don't have it equipped seems to improve attack speed a lot. 

Also procs toxin often which is nice. 

Try it without the stance, it's much, MUCH faster without it. The dagger stances are horrible.

Edited by PeanutMonster

It's a great dagger.  While it's 0.8 attack speed is a bit of a downer, nothing a Fury can't fix.  Also use Homing Fang, NOT Pointed Wind.  The latter absolutely destroys the weapon's already meh attack speed, and Homing Fang has much better combos.  Fury + Spoiled Strike and you've got a decent weapon.  The 100% Toxic proc on the jump attack isn't terribly shabby either.