Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Build A Warframe With No Potato?

Smooth00

Question

I'm trying to save plats by not purchasing a potato and i'm not sure that its possible to build a frame with all 10 mods without a potato and Including forma of course.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some of these mods have to be maxed and cost over 10 points.

Edited by Smooth00

14 answers to this question

Depends on the mods you use and their rank. I'd say it's definitely possible, but you won't be getting the full potential out of your frame.

Potatoes usually go on alert after devstreams, so you may be able to get one for free soon.

Is it possible? Yes

Is it effective? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I see... so i'd be limiting my frame to a specific role with too much forma... so it seems a potato is best for multiple roles...

Depends on the mods you use and their rank. I'd say it's definitely possible, but you won't be getting the full potential out of your frame.

Potatoes usually go on alert after devstreams, so you may be able to get one for free soon.

Thanks for the heads up, i do like to have multiple roles on my warframes... sometimes i like to change my role to a rangy fit on frost, or maybe ember...

Just go sell stuff to get the plat.

Thats a good idea, i tend to stick by that rule, but i find that i don't sometimes play with old warframes as much as newer ones. I'm getting ash soon but i really like my current ember, what if i don't come back to her after i get ash. It just means i'll lose 20p for nothing.

What a potato does? 

Gives your frame double "energy" capacity, 60 instead of 30.

What a forma does?

Reduces usage of energy in selected slot for 50%. EG 6 instead of 12...

So answer is - YES, you can build weapons and frames without potatoes. But its much longer and resource demanding. 

Errr it is possible but quite hard, if you want to avoid both Formas and Potatos a maxed out Aura for correct polarity slot is the best choice, however even then it won't come close and furthermore you will have to have awkwardly ranked certain mods so they fit the frame well, just wait a while for the devstream I am sure we will get some cool alerts :)

Just wait for a gift from the Lotus. It usually happens after every dev stream (every other Friday). The alert mission lasts 24 hours and the reward is either a catalyst or a reactor.

On most warframes, a forma is not necessary. All of my warframes have no formas and I end up with 10+ unused points. The secret is to use aura mods to give you extra points.  

between Forma and Auras, you should be able to still fit a good number of Mods on your frame without a Potato.

you might end up Polarizing just about every slot, but you should still be able to fit almost a complete if not a complete Mod Loadout on a frame.

what he said