The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Ignore him OP, he's just baiting.

Anyways, I don't think we know enough yet to say what it's going to be like. It didn't look on-rails from the video they showed but it's hard to tell obviously. I'm hoping they work it into invasion missions, that would be cool.

Edited by vaugahn

"There will be enemies. So therefore the bosses must be reworked to be in space."

That is not a logical conclusion.

The question is why not, why fill a tileset full of enemies and not have bosses.

It would be a waste to have a system and not have a boss dedicated to that system.

I really can't see the DE not putting a boss that uses space mechanics, it seems like a waste of a very good system.

For Melee 2.0 they had those enemies that can block

For Hostage 2.0, they had wardens.

Edited by Feallike

What i really hope for....

That frames will have there personal Archwings and you will be able to use your powers in a unique way while using it.

Loki: Decoy makes a decoy that flies with you mimicing your movement, draws enemy fire, loki can turn invisible, Radial disarm does what it does, Switch Teliport does what it does.

Valkyr: Hysteria 2x melee damage + being indistructable, Ripline speedboost toward enemy, Warcry faster shooting in a radius that your allies can be in, Paralyze, shoots a beam that staggers enemies. 

I hope speed takes into account also, the faster your frame the faster you fly. Zephyr should be the fastest on the archwing. (lightest frame)

Zephyr: Tailwind = Huge speed boost Turbulence: does what it does Tornado:..... idk how this would work..... Divebomb: A slower shorter tailwind that does damage/stun in a radius.

Just some suggestions. I really hope the DE doesn't ignore Warframes powers when using Archwings. :p It could be soo cool what they do when in space and 0 gravity.

Also i hope this is 4th dimensional fighting. (you can move up and down, not just right and left)

Edited by Feallike

OH MY GOD WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT ARCHWING?

DO YOU HATE FUN?

Fun is just fine.  But over time we have grown attached to our Tenno, so why are we seeing what looks more like a 3d raiden game, or a shmup instead of tenno fighting in space.  Sure they used guns and swords, but it was flying with wings instead of dealing with traversing between ships.  Quite a few people see different possibilities with the Archwing concept and it might please some of them, but it isn't going to meet some expectations as well as some people don't want anything to do with the concept.

Let's try a simple question here.  If this content is optional, how many players will skip archwing?

I do want to see more about what they intend and how it works, but I do not have an overabundance of confidence that I will get deep into the mode since it currently seems like either an alternative to the same old tilesets, or it will be a pointless mini variant of a loading screen.

Ignore him OP, he's just baiting.

Anyways, I don't think we know enough yet to say what it's going to be like. It didn't look on-rails from the video they showed but it's hard to tell obviously. I'm hoping they work it into invasion missions, that would be cool.

Title says "what do you think" and I gave my opinion.

Fun is just fine.  But over time we have grown attached to our Tenno, so why are we seeing what looks more like a 3d raiden game, or a shmup instead of tenno fighting in space.  Sure they used guns and swords, but it was flying with wings instead of dealing with traversing between ships.  Quite a few people see different possibilities with the Archwing concept and it might please some of them, but it isn't going to meet some expectations as well as some people don't want anything to do with the concept.

Let's try a simple question here.  If this content is optional, how many players will skip archwing?

I do want to see more about what they intend and how it works, but I do not have an overabundance of confidence that I will get deep into the mode since it currently seems like either an alternative to the same old tilesets, or it will be a pointless mini variant of a loading screen.

That's a really long way to say 'yes'

What i really hope for....

That frames will have there personal Archwings and you will be able to use your powers in a unique way while using it.

Loki: Decoy makes a decoy that flies with you mimicing your movement, draws enemy fire, loki can turn invisible, Radial disarm does what it does, Switch Teliport does what it does.

Valkyr: Hysteria 2x melee damage + being indistructable, Ripline speedboost toward enemy, Warcry faster shooting in a radius that your allies can be in, Paralyze, shoots a beam that staggers enemies. 

I hope speed takes into account also, the faster your frame the faster you fly. Zephyr should be the fastest on the archwing. (lightest frame)

Zephyr: Tailwind = Huge speed boost Turbulence: does what it does Tornado:..... idk how this would work..... Divebomb: A slower shorter tailwind that does damage/stun in a radius.

Just some suggestions.

Really good suggestions,I've thought of that aswell,but probably DE can go two ways about this: Either make us not be able to use abilities while using the Archwing or to change abilities like you said.

Edited by GeoDP

The question is why not, why fill a tileset full of enemies and not have bosses.

It would be a waste to have a system and not have a boss dedicated to that system.

I really can't see the DE not putting a boss that uses space mechanics, it seems like a waste of a very good system.

For Melee 2.0 they had those enemies that can block

For Hostage 2.0, they had wardens.

Stop. You're making assumptions without enough evidence to support yourself. You do not know that this will be a separate tileset. In fact, the teaser implies moreso that this will be a random occurrence in normal missions.

I'm not saying there won't be a space boss, but your original post mentioned reworking bosses to be in space as something that will happen. As in, shoving a jetpack on Ruk and having him chase you through null-atmosphere.

Really good suggestions,I've thought of that aswell,but probably get take too ways about this: Either make us not be able to use abilities while using the Archwing or to change abilities like you said.

Ya that's what i fear, at first this system seemed simple, but its grown on me, and i can see so many ways this could change the game.

Rhino: Rhino roar: warcry but with damage, Rhino stomp: shoots a... bomb that stuns/damages enemies, Rhino charge a speedboost that damages enemies in the way, Rhino skin: how it works now.

Excalibre: Radial javilen: How it works now, Super Jump: Super speed boost. Radial blind: Again i think this will have to work like a missle/bomb shot unless enemies are closer then i think they will be, Blade charge: Rhino charge.

Edited by Feallike

I think the archwing stuff will sometimes be a random event that can happen during a regular mission (along with maybe some specific archwing missions).

Like, the archwing trailer showed. It be neat to have a normal mission suddenly turn into an archwing mission because a grineer/corpus battleship showed up and starting destroying the ship your on.