Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword Stances Defused

Shizzuie

Question

This is for anyone thats desperately trying to get Crimson Dervish because of the 300% damage boost.

Crimson dervers:

* 300% Damage increase on first three hits.

* 10 - 30% Melee speed decrease. (Pretty sure its just 30% but saying this just to calm people down~)

* Animation lock prevents quick turns.

summary: 300% more damage but much lower speed.  

Dakra prime: 1.95 speed when using Fury and Beserker plus animation lock causing slow turns.(Doubled with valkyr max warcry.)

Iron Pheonix:

Wings and Beak: Basic E spam applies knock down every 3rd attack.

Taking Flight: overhead slash which allows you to hit flying enemies near you but also has high chance of landing a headshot, dealing more damage. The 3rd and 4th attacks of Taking Flight also deals 100% bonus damage. The final attack for this has a very wide AoE which allows you to knock down or kill enemies from a good distance but also applies special weapon proc. Ex: Heat Sword results in a fire explosion that can inflict Heat status proc.

* 10 - 30% Melee speed increase (more like 20% - 30% really.)
* Fast animations allows for free flow rotation.

Summary: Very fast speed with really high chance for knock down AoE on the final swing while doing 100% more damage plus headshots. 

Dakra prime: 2.85 melee speed with fury and Berserker. (Doubled with valkyr max warcry.)

For anyone that is interested:

My dakra build with no formas:

9fYtI2a.png

A single pluto dark sector run:

GgXSjRe.png

Edited by Shizzuie

Or:

"Hey look my Dakra Prime comes with a V polarity. Which stance has a V polarity?"

OR!

"My dakra prime has a V Polarity! lets just to the other stance anyways then forma it later because it already comes with 2 other polarties!" 

wow these responses...

This is a good post.

Too many people completely ignore Iron Phoenix. That's pretty sad to me, especially considering how much I love that stance. Now if only I actually used Swords...

300% damage is always going to win out. The single-hit damage potential it gives puts it way over Iron Phoenix as far as split-second damage.

Iron pheonix + Dakra Prime + Max warcry = 5.7 Hits per second which means 100% proc, knock down, and 100% damage + headshot every second.

Also Berseker needs crits and crits from a low crit weapon comes from speed which crimson can really do well.

wow these responses...

This is a good post.

Too many people completely ignore Iron Phoenix. That's pretty sad to me, especially considering how much I love that stance. Now if only I actually used Swords...

Iron phoenix is my fav stance, purely because it`s fast and fluid... :P

wow these responses...

This is a good post.

I used Iron Phoenix before getting my Crimsom Dervish. All I have to say about Iron Phoenix is that it's just bad.

is it bad because its boring or because it does doesn't do 300% damage while slowing you down greatly?

Because it has absolutely no AoE and reduced DPS. Attacks with Crimsom Dervish are wide horizontal slashed, while Iron Phoenix has diagonal and vertical slashes and stab attacks.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Because it has absolutely no AoE and reduced DPS. Attacks with Crimsom Dervish are wide horizontal slashed, while Iron Phoenix has diagonal and vertical slashes and stab attacks.

Taking Flight: The final attack for this has a very wide AoE which allows you to knock down or kill enemies from a good distance but also applies special weapon proc.

Yes, but before that you need to execute many other attacks, including the *pause* before the third strike, making the combo extremely time consuming. You have already killed twice the enemies in that time using Crimsom Dervish.

Let's just quit arguing and use whichever stance we like the most. I am sure that both stances are equal in terms of DPS and AoE if used correctly. 

Edited by PeanutMonster

Yes, but before that you need to execute many other attacks, including the *pause* before the third strike, making the combo extremely time consuming. You have already killed twice the enemies in that time using Crimsom Dervish.

Goto the wiki and read the "Easy combos" article; if you attack fast enough then there is no "*pause*" to worry about.

OR!

"My dakra prime has a V Polarity! lets just to the other stance anyways then forma it later because it already comes with 2 other polarties!" 

I don't know who would do that. I use the recommended stance until I forma it. That way I can put things on my weapon and not waste the fusion cores I put in to max it out and get the neg drain. 

Goto the wiki and read the "Easy combos" article; if you attack fast enough then there is no "*pause*" to worry about.

That and if you hold down usually and combo with a pause is auto activated but I'd assume the guy flaunting all his research in our faces would know that, unless it's been patched. 

I don't know who would do that. I use the recommended stance until I forma it. That way I can put things on my weapon and not waste the fusion cores I put in to max it out and get the neg drain. 

for stances, They give you the bonus points but at only -1.

And here we come to another disadvantage of Iron Phoenix. You will need to have a certain Warframe with a certain build to make it fully worth it.

Nope! just fury and berserker, once berserker activates then you can keep it activated as long as you have enemies a good distance to you which  also allows you to do the combos simply by pressing E without waiting.

You may not even need those depending on the weapon and build you do.

That's just it. I need those points because the amount of variations is tremendous. I'm not going to take a chance on not having those points because I'm planning on forma'ing it later. That's putting yourself in a wheelchair because the doctor said you'll possibly lose your ability to walk in the future.