Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castanas And Snipers/bows Depleting Eachothers Ammo?

Cleocide

I noticed the ammo nerf for castanas. I approve this, they were a little op.

Same with the reduction in sniper ammo pool to 30. This means that ammo is actually a relevant thing now.

But am I supposed to only have 30 rounds, full stop, when I have both dread/vectis equipped with castanas as my secondary? After running out of vectis rounds I was very surprised to find that my castanas, also, were completely out of ammo, forcing me to revert to melee combat.

I don't mind them using the same pickups, making ammo hard to come by, but it just seems a little too much to drain your secondary as well when you're using your primary. 30 rounds is not a large total pool for non-melee weapons.

Is this intentional to make us use melee combat more often?

It was intentional so that we don't camp on pillars and blow everything up before it reaches us.

Still, Primaries and Secondaries sharing ammo doesn't seem all that necessary. This sharing wasn't intentional per say, it's just the game recognizes it as the same pool.

Yeah I figured that would be the case.

Regarding camping on pillars, that's exactly was I was doing to level unranked frames on ODD. Dealing out pretty damn significant damage with maxed and forma'd castanas in complete safety. Never ran out of ammo.

With 120% multi-shot it's still a lot of damage, so I think it's fair to reduce it to 30 rounds.

I for one hope the shared ammo gets fixed, but I'll just have to find a different secondary in the meantime.

Appreciate the reply.

Sniper ammo pool has not been reduced to 30, it's per-weapon. 

Vectis & other snipers have 72 ammo. BUT if you equip both primary and secondary using snipre ammo, only the lowest 'max ammo' value applies, and it's only one ammo pool of each type for all weapons. 

I have filled a bug report for that.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290018-1421-weapon-ammo-rebalance-bug-lowest-max-ammo-is-used-for-all-wepons-using-that-ammo/

Sniper ammo pool has not been reduced to 30, it's per-weapon. 

Vectis & other snipers have 72 ammo. BUT if you equip both primary and secondary using snipre ammo, only the lowest 'max ammo' value applies, and it's only one ammo pool of each type for all weapons. 

I have filled a bug report for that.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290018-1421-weapon-ammo-rebalance-bug-lowest-max-ammo-is-used-for-all-wepons-using-that-ammo/

Nice work, I appreciate that.

The 14.2.3 update seems to have changed all snipers to have a max ammo of 30 now. I have personally confirmed Vectis, Vulkar, Snipetron Vandal, and Lanka to only have 30 rounds at the beginning of the mission.

I imagine the bows have been affected by this change as well.

EDIT: Apparently the ammo change is only when you equip an Angstrum or Castanas as your secondary, i.e. it's a bug.

Edited by Otenko

The 14.2.3 update seems to have changed all snipers to have a max ammo of 30 now. I have personally confirmed Vectis, Vulkar, Snipetron Vandal, and Lanka to only have 30 rounds at the beginning of the mission.

I imagine the bows have been affected by this change as well.

So first they fix sniper ammo to actually drop so you can actually go through a Tower Exterm without running out of ammo with a 95% hit rate and 100% ohko rate.

Then they fail to make snipers reliable, giving them borderline meaningless buffs that half the community will be like "yeah that was good, thanks" because they look at nothing but statistical DPS.

Now they get rid of the sniper ammo pool so you can't get to that normalized damage you need to reach because you'll run out of ammo before you do so, doubly so since a sniper should be killing things from a great distance making picking up the dropped ammo problematic, triply so because sniper ammo drops are STILL kinda rare if we're being completely honest...

Greeeeaaaat.

S#&$ like this. This is why I stopped playing. Maybe if they actually gave sniper rifles a buff that was worth a damn, I'd be OK with this. But they didn't.

*sigh*

EDIT: I appologize to DE if the 30 ammo on snipers thing is a glitch and not intentional. Your sniper buffs were still pointless, but at least you then didn't nerf something that was still horendously underpowered.

Of course, I also know you won't read this, because if you read anything I've posted literally ever, Damage 2.0 would have actually fixed the infinitely scaling armor problem we still have, Nova's Molecular Prime wouldn't do Banshee's Sonar's thing better than Banshee's Sonar, and you'd have actually done meaningful sniper buffs.

EEDIT: Okay, no, I forgot. You read exactly one thing I posted. Complaining about the screen shake from the Ogris and other explosive weapons making the game basically unplayable for a sniper user.

Huh.

Maybe my next thread should refer to whatever it is I'm trying to get ya'll to fix as causing the game to be unplayable.

Unfortunately I don't think I can just say "balance as a whole makes this game unplayable", no matter how true it is.

... Okay that got a tad ranty.

Edited by TheBlueJelly