Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14.2.1 Weapon Ammo Rebalance Bug - Lowest Max Ammo Is Used For All Wepons Using That Ammo.

BrazilianJoe

If I carry two different weapons using the same ammo pool, only the lowest value is used as the maximum ammo pool. 

Example:

Going with Vectis and Detron on a mission, my max. sniper ammo is 72.

Going with Vectios and Castanas on a mission, my max. ammo is 30. (Castanas)

IMO using the highest value is already bad (72), because both weapons use the same ammo type, so you have less overall ammo.

The max ammo should stack both ammo pools of each weapon, for a total of 102. 

Combinations like Ogris + angstrum would have 50 max. ammo. 

We have different pools for different ammo types and carry them without problem, it only makes sense to carry more of the same ammo if both primary and secondary use it.

Ya, they deffinitely need to fix this and seperate the ammo pools. I wouldn't say join since then people will just have an angstrum but not use it.

Changing to 'highest max ammo' already improves matters, But if you look at it on the game logic level, if you carry a shotgun and a rifle, you have one full ammo pool for each. Since the game has a single pool for each ammo type, it would add up the values. Even if it makes room for this behaviour you described; Now, what would it be called? A strategy or an exploit? It can be argued both ways. And only a handful of people would do it, because there are certanly many other playstyles, and very valid secondary weapons to use. 

I'd like to see separate ammo pools for primary and secondary weapons though,

But then how would the ammo picks be split? My take is that ammo pickups would go into the equipped weapon first, and surplus ammo would go into the other weapon's pool. If Melee is equipped, ammo pickups would be split between both until one of them is full, then go into the other until both are full.

Kinda makes sense.

Now, let me try to solve the problem from a completely different point of view:

We have 4 ammo types. What if they were repurposed:

Light primary ammo

Heavy primary ammo

Light secondary ammo

Heavy secondary ammo

Heavy ammo is rarer than light ammo. Each ammo type would have its own ammo pool.

Instead of the 'rifle/shotgun/secondary/sniper' ammo types. Weapons would then use one of those types:

Light primary: Soma, Boltor, Gorgon, Latron, Ignis, Hek, Sobek, Phage & similar

Heavy primary: Vectis & all snipers, Bows, Ogris, Penta & the like

Light secondary: all autofire SMG & pistols

Heavy secondary: Lex, Seer, Castanas, Marelok, Angstrum & the works

It would keep the familiar 4 ammo type format, but improves matter of conflicting ammo pools.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Moving to bug report since Ive seen a similar report on a bug that causes bow stored ammo to be cut in half when used with an explosive secondary.

It would appear this affects sniper rifles as well.

I had my Angstrum equipped this whole time, hence the confusion.