The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Sliding Was Removed From Warframe

faresamir7

Being able to slide and attack (and actually having a special slide attack) was one of my favorite things about Warframe when I first started playing it. It's one of those things that looks a little silly when overused or used improperly, but by contrast there's nothing quite like sliding into a room full of Grineer and gunning them all down with your Vasto.

So yeah, it'd be lame if it went away.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

let me be clear : KEEP sliding, KEEP sliding/melee spin attack, REMOVE THE INSANE FLYING ACROSS THE LARGEST TILES IN THE GAME WITH ONE 'COPTER'

Coptering will never go away, it is now an OFFICIAL FULL FEATURE and the best one at that.

You are not forced to use it...

Copter 4 life !!

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

We are ninjas the people complain the most are the ones that don't spend a dime On it, I have spent over $500 on warframe since march and never cried about things like this....if it's not a bug just leave it alone I love warframe screw destiny and any other game,yes I rather spend twice the money on warframe than buy destiny #dedicated #myopinion

Coptering will never go away, it is now an OFFICIAL FULL FEATURE and the best one at that.

You are not forced to use it...

Copter 4 life !!

it is hard to believe ppl actually say stuff like this with a straight face

im not forced to use it? when every other tenno in the mission is flying through the tiles im just supposed to sprint 5-6 tiles behind them? srsly?

the level designers are completely fine with a majority of the playerbase literally never seeing the tiles they designed because they're a blur as they copter across the largest tiles in the game with one slash?

I know what Steve said, and i saw the stream, that does not change the fact that what he said was stupid/wrong/ridiculous and a bad decision

some SMALL acceleration to the sliding melee attack makes sense, otherwise it wouldn't be very functional in combat, but the way it currently is ingame is ridiculously stupid, if you use a fast weapon, its virtually impossible to use a melee slide attack in close quarters combat in the air or on the ground as it will sling you across the map out of control, its stupid, slower weapons actually work better in close quarters combat, but of course they have hardly any acceleration as well (thus 'gimping' the slower melee weapon users movement spds, making them unable to keep up with the rest of the cell in missions)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

im not forced to use it? when every other tenno in the mission is flying through the tiles im just supposed to sprint 5-6 tiles behind them? srsly?

the level designers are completely fine with a majority of the playerbase literally never seeing the tiles they designed because they're a blur as they copter across the largest tiles in the game with one slash?

I know what Steve said, and i saw the stream, that does not change the fact that what he said was stupid/wrong/ridiculous and a bad decision

some SMALL acceleration to the sliding melee attack makes sense, otherwise it wouldn't be very functional in combat, but the way it currently is ingame is ridiculously stupid, if you use a fast weapon, its virtually impossible to use a melee slide attack in close quarters combat in the air or on the ground as it will sling you across the map out of control, its stupid, slower weapons actually work better in close quarters combat, but of course they have hardly any acceleration as well (thus 'gimping' the slower melee weapon users movement spds, making them unable to keep up with the rest of the cell in missions)

From my experience, most people don't do this. Often is easy to keep up with part or leave them in dust constantly sliding. it's usually one person doing this. Rarely see it used in alerts and not so often in popular missions.

in other words, it's not an issue. So it's not an issue to keep up with others(Though I use rush). There are always people that have these bad experiences. Then there are those that never do. It's Like there are two worlds.

However I do see the slide strike often.

For me, Sliding and the emergent mobility quirks that follow are warframe's core gameplay feature. Mastering sliding, aerial control, and all of the animations are the biggest draw for me in this game. I always feel like I can learn new things about warframe's movement system because it's so reactive and dynamic.

If you have that much of a problem with it, play solo. If you can't play solo, deal with it or use MagLev. If you can't do either of those, well then you're not a very flexible person in a game where adaptation is key. If I want to get a detailed look at all the maps, like when I'm trying to make sure Wiki page stuff is still valid, I play solo (and that's ONLY for detailed looking at the maps. Other than that I rarely look at the tiles themselves anyway. I'm too busy killing things to pay attention to that). During public matches, Not many people copter, anyway. because that means you've built your melee for speed with no power. Quickening, Fury, and Berserker may be wonderful for getting distance, but when you're only doing 50-200 DPS, it's worthless for anything that isn't running away. So, think of it like this... 

The first person you know is gonna die is the person who's coptering through the entire level and leaving enemies because he can't kill them. Also, no one said you have to pick them up when they die, either.