The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minigun Weapon In Warframe

Nemo1776

Not really. It has wind up time - yes, but it isn't multibarrel, at least not that we can see.

Mmm, I see.

Well, I think Supra, then. Multi-barreled with a wind-up.

T2minigun.gif

"Come to extraction if you want to live!"

Edited by Kashiki

My problem with a gatling gun being brought into the game:
It'd make things WAAAAAY too easy to play. The firerate of a gatling gun would mow down everything in sight in just a matter of seconds with still a huge ammo supply on it. 

I'd be more comfortable if it was a placeable turret that when it runs out of ammo, it breaks down so you cannot use it anymore.

So far, I've only seen people saying "YEAH THAT'S AWESOME I WANT IT IN" without actually giving a valid reason to why or how it would in the game.

Edited by TheErebus

Hmmm... Codex says that the heavy gunner uses a high powered "minigun"... interesting.

Miniguns can be used to provide staggering firepower or a wall of bullets that gives you cover from approaching enemies like infested. you can use it to help clear a way for teammates to revive fallen allies without them getting swarmed.

A minigun doenst have to have a good damage/shot ratio it could have a low damage per shot but has a very high firerate and has mostly impact damage with a high status chance to stagger enemies and prevent them from approaching.

Yes its a bit OP IF all the bullets landed in a single target. ALSO it will run out of bullets and the player using it will either use ammo restore or use his secondary and melee as he scurries for more ammo to use it again later.

Miniguns have other uses other than raw damage and the possibilities depend of the creativity of the player.

I say give us our miniguns and let us be the judge if its good or bad in-game.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Miniguns can be used to provide staggering firepower or a wall of bullets that gives you cover from approaching enemies like infested. you can use it to help clear a way for teammates to revive fallen allies without them getting swarmed.

Fair point. However, in terms of infested, I think it'll just reinforce camping because all they have to do is just stand in one area and just keep firing that hurricane of bullets and nothing could past them. Which may sound good and all, but it'd eventually lead to hatred of people using that weapon and it'll instead be considered a noob weapon rather than one that can be considered good.

I say give us our miniguns and let us be the judge if its good or bad in-game.

I say let's come up with an alternative to Gatling guns being an actual weapon (like one that you could upgrade and equip in arsenal menu) and instead come up with a more creative idea for a weapon that still retains the sheer power and fire rate of a gatling gun.

Like perhaps the alternative that I suggested in my original post.

Hmmm... Codex says that the heavy gunner uses a high powered "minigun"... interesting.

DE also called Brakk a "hand cannon" when it's clearly a pocket shotgun. They also interchange the words "clip" and "magazine" at will. Those examples, coupled with the countless other errors leads most to dismiss the codex's wording as a reliable source. The fact is that miniguns, at their inception, were able to fire 50 rounds per second. You really can't call a weapon a minigun with a fire rate of 25 rps. (Unless it has the exact model of a real-life minigun with a lowered firing rate for balancing purposes)

However, all arguments can be countered with the phrase: "Space Magic"

supra and gorgon not good enough for ya?

He could always super glue a supra and a gorgon together.

I agree with OP, a heavy weapon with a different handle animation would be great(see below).

T2minigun.gif

And you know what? They could implement a grineer unit with it aswell, since they already made one.

2430657-screen+shot+2013-02-12+at+7.02.5

I much rather they make that grineer unit a actual warframe and bering along the weapon with it. In fact I think theyre should be grineer and Corups style warframe's with powers from that faction. Or rogue units that players can use not tag along.

Edited by genclaymore

Fair point. However, in terms of infested, I think it'll just reinforce camping because all they have to do is just stand in one area and just keep firing that hurricane of bullets and nothing could past them. Which may sound good and all, but it'd eventually lead to hatred of people using that weapon and it'll instead be considered a noob weapon rather than one that can be considered good.

I say let's come up with an alternative to Gatling guns being an actual weapon (like one that you could upgrade and equip in arsenal menu) and instead come up with a more creative idea for a weapon that still retains the sheer power and fire rate of a gatling gun.

Like perhaps the alternative that I suggested in my original post.

You cannot really be against this weapon if you never saw it work, Erebus.

It can be well or bad implemented,no one knows D.E.'s choices yet...

Anyway, is anyone else thinking that the only elite units are lancers? Why not extend the roster with elite corps for everyone + other arid enemies + other frontalier units + other corrupted enemies? It's way easier to add,yet they didn't make it (wildlife & community enemies need more work than this,but should also be added)... With little adjustments (some weapons given to enemies,like bows,tons of melee weapons), some colorswap and even slightly different models, and that's it! You get double the enemies we currently have,with better shared drops!

I think I'll make a thread about that.

You cannot really be against this weapon if you never saw it work, Erebus.

SOrry but that is just idiotic logic. 

I can disagree with whatever I wish. They want a gatling gun, I saw no to it and give reasons.

I suppose that by your logic, they can't be for the weapon because they didn't see it work.

"Minigun" isn't terribly descriptive. It's used in reference to the M134 rotary gun and its variants. The minigun moniker comes from the fact it's a lot smaller than the 20mm Vulcun rotary cannon developed after WW2. These are power driven rotary multiple barreled guns (chaingun is actually more accurate a descriptor, since their action was driven by a chain attached to an electric motor).

The Gorgon isn't a rotary gun. It has a single barrel.

It does appear to be power driven so chaingun would be a better adjective. They actually appear to be revolver guns (the chambers are spun to drive the action and speed up cyclic rate), though the slow spool-up (which revolver cannon minimize compared to rotary cannon) seems to indicate a lousy design more than anything.

The Supra has multiple "barrels" and is an energy weapon anyway, so it certainly doesn't qualify.

SOrry but that is just idiotic logic. 

I can disagree with whatever I wish. They want a gatling gun, I saw no to it and give reasons.

I suppose that by your logic, they can't be for the weapon because they didn't see it work.

Hmmkay, you may have taken my post too seriously or you felt offended (and it wasn't its purpose)...

Of course that's your opinion and you can say what you want! We're here to discuss and share different opinions! It works in both senses,as it is useful in both senses.

I'm just saying that the "noob-minigun-phenomenon" you were talking about might not be a reality if D.E. does add it one day, that's all. If they manage to make it punishing for the campers you are talking about.

It's like people saying no to nunchuks, because they think it's uneffective in real life. We're in a game where a rocket launcher is a silent weapon. Making a minigun a balanced weapon is an implementation question. "It can be well or bad implemented",like I said previously.

There's no other requirement for a weapon to be added to the game other than

ITS AWESOME

Annnnnnd

Archwing seemed to introduce some space-exclusive weaponry: stuff that's too heavy to carry around with gravity

wink wink

yes pls