The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

Melee 1.0: I spam [hold E].

Melee 2.0: I spam [EEpauseEEEEEEEEEEuntil I get dizzy]*repeat

In both systems I end up spamming some form of E. Really, by the time the utility of most combos take effect(most movement combos) everything is dead. If they want each combo to do something unique AND useful, the keystrokes that make the combo different need to take effect immediately and by the third keystroke.

Anyway, both systems promote spam of some sort.

true, and I actually prefer the charging.

Main problem with using more keys in combo is most people will find it annoying so thats why all are perfomed with E key

What if they added charge attacks to a completely different key, then we could also get new combos involving the new charge key.

I really would love to have both, but I think DE said something about "charge attacks not being a good way to add to gameplay flow" or somesuch thing. Something about how they didn't like how it effected gamplay flow.

I feel these combos are worse for gameplay flow than charged attacks were. 

Charge attacks were actually pretty smooth and fluid, you were never stuck in place with them, they were quite fluid to the system.

I feel these combos are worse for gameplay flow than charged attacks were. 

Charge attacks were actually pretty smooth and fluid, you were never stuck in place with them, they were quite fluid to the system.

The problem isnt charged attack but the people waiting it be strong as before De removed it becouse im sure everyone will start to complain if they put them back without the insane damage the move used to do.

I love energy channeling, especially with some of the new mods it can be devastating, but I do miss charging up your melee, something about that just felt more intense and powerful.

Yes I felt it too, that's what I missed the most, the power you wielding in your hands and then unleashing it at a precise moment.

I love energy channeling, especially with some of the new mods it can be devastating, but I do miss charging up your melee, something about that just felt more intense and powerful.

Intense and powerful? Pffft You obviously never performed the "Shattered Village" with a Jat Kittag.

Sooooooo, whaddaya get for ranking up the mod?

charge dmg maybe? i didn't thin k of it

Unranked go off of light attack dmg

rank 1  would have a 50% dmg boost off of the light attack dmg.

Rank 2 would have a 150% dmg boost off of the light attack dmg.

Rank 3 would have a 300% dmg boost off of the light attack dmg.

Rank 4 would go to  400%

Rank 5 would go to  550%

P.S not sure is rank 4 or 5 should be there , might be too powerful.

Question is:

How many people do really try to use combo attacks on stances? Most of the players just spam E like maniacs.

Can't speak for anyone else but I use combos all the time, especially with stances/weapons that stagger or buff damage output.

(Swirling Tiger + Dual Heat Swords = lovely AoE combos)