Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

I miss having a decent charge speed on my Kestrel. Now the poor thing gets barely any use...even though back when I had first started and was looking through the market weapons, I said to myself, "THAT'S the one I wanna get first!"

Same with Glaive, weapon lost its fun with Melee 2.0. No more throwing it around.

I miss having a decent charge speed on my Kestrel. Now the poor thing gets barely any use...even though back when I had first started and was looking through the market weapons, I said to myself, "THAT'S the one I wanna get first!"

i sold my kestrel because the slow charge speed, the glaive prime just is alot better now, although the kestrel used to be my fav of the 3.

What is with these losers saying they dont miss charge attacks and scolding people who do? These guys are saying outright that they love moves being taken away, instead of what they should be doing, ie welcoming suggestion for more versatity in melee. Why do these clowns think that having charge attacks means getting rid of combos, have they never played another game with combat before? I dont recall only using charge swings in Zelda or Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden just because I was allowed to. On another note, how can anyone like the combo system as it is right now? Its just uintuitive variations of pressing E, and they have even gotten rid of some original attack animations from weapons altogether, even in their melee equip mode. Lame. If anybody decides to just spam charge attacks then it will be because a combo system as sorry as this.

We should get a new button for melee such as R. R attacks will be heavier and stronger but a bit slower.  Combos will be combinations of E and R such as EERERRRE.

Its pretty simple and replaces the HORRIBLE system of "pauses" and "holds" that we have no because quite frankly,  the melee system in this game is downright terrible.

We should get a new button for melee such as R. R attacks will be heavier and stronger but a bit slower.  Combos will be combinations of E and R such as EERERRRE.

Its pretty simple and replaces the HORRIBLE system of "pauses" and "holds" that we have no because quite frankly,  the melee system in this game is downright terrible.

This. Since R has no use in melee mode this would be a great idea.

Err

I agree this would be awesome, but I still miss charge attacks.

I know i do...  I used to use charge galantine as a reliable means of taking out higher leveled enemies that got too close, specifically infested.  Nothing better than sidestepping a charging ancient then chopping it in half.  Like what has been said before the stance combos dont flow very well for me.  When i need to melee something i dont have the time to hold f, wait for melee to come out, then do the combo hit f again and wait for my primary/secondary to come out again.  Sadly now i only use the stance mods for more mod power on whatever i happen to be using and only realy do combos when im just goofing off.