The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

Adding charge attacks for when your melee weapon is not equipped could work. The should not be quite as powerful as they used to be, though.

Most of the time I find myself never using my melee combos, because it is still more effective to just use quick melee over losing access to your gun with your melee equipped. But this is also not as interesting, because all you get that way is a simple two hit combo. Sometimes being able to just spam the two back and forth attacks can be more useful that a fancy combo, but it would be nice to have something else too.

This could also work if only heavy weapons had charge attacks. This could make up for their horrible low DPS compared to faster weapons. Giving them a charge attack would make them more burst damage focused, while the faster weapons are still more sustained damage focused.

Plus, I miss the charge attack sounds and animations on most of my weapons.

I miss the glaive charge attack, i hate glaives as they are right now there is just no control to it. Also, the cleaving motion that hate/reaper did was just super satisfying, felt like you are actually cleaving something in half.

you know the glaives still have charge attacks, right?

it maybe more useful but, which is more fun in you opinion? That is the real question

Channeling. Quicker and more practical to use. Instead of having to wait for you to charge and then attack once with it (then having to wait again), you can just keep unleashing attacks (as long as your energy is still up)

Plus, I get to see them fizzle away into space dust.

Edited by TheErebus

Channeling. Quicker and more practical to use. Instead of having to wait for you to charge and then attack once with it (then having to wait again), you can just keep unleashing attacks (as long as your energy is still up)

Plus, I get to see them fizzle away into space dust.

well, you see I feel the charge attacks give you a good feeling when you charge up and kill someone and then you see their dead body fly across the room or get cut in half.

There are 2 types of people when it comes to melee,

1 type likes faster,lighter hiting attacks, the 2nd likes slow, harder hitting melee attacks.

I assume you are like a type 1?

Edited by BoomToon43

well, you see I feel the charge attacks give you a good feeling when you charge up and kill someone and then you see their dead body fly across the room or get cut in half.

There are 2 types of people when it comes to melee,

1 type likes faster,lighter hiting attacks, the 2nd likes slow, harder hitting melee attacks.

I assume you are like a type 1?

Eeeh…Not exactly. 

I prefer fast and hard hitting weapons rather than light weapons.

EDIT: i have a post about the polearms have a problem, adding this mod would fix that problem.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/279310-polearms-need-more-wow-put-into-the-combos/#entry3214153

Since U11, (Damage 2.0), Charge attack no longer was the most efficient way of killing enemies with Orthos Prime.

Not saying I'm against Charge Attacks. More options for Melee are always welcome.

It is in fact the opposite, charge attacks didn't encourage spamming, they encouraged careful timing, now we spam E all the time, because the combo system is the least intuitive thing ever and its just a waste of time, you can kill hordes of enemies by just pushing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and performing the combos just for fun is not fun... because the system does not feel natural nor comfortable, so no fun. Combos right now are the least efficient way of fighting because u can just spam E as i mentioned and get away with it.

I agreed. Warffame melee combo simply not my cup of tea. Its like spamming one move over and over again in a bad fighting game. There is zero opportunity for react to different situation. I just mash the button till enemy dead. What fun is that?

I agreed. Warffame melee combo simply not my cup of tea. Its like spamming one move over and over again in a bad fighting game. There is zero opportunity for react to different situation. I just mash the button till enemy dead. What fun is that?

I don't view having to wait to kill something by holding down E (for me it's left click because melee oriented) when I can just keep killing in front of me.

Charge attacks don't require you to switch to melee mode to use it, costs no Energy, hits hard. Animations are simple yet project a 'powerful' stance.In the heat of battle by the time you switch to melee mode I can already be swiping away and charging up my 2nd / 3rd Charge attack already. 

To outright throw away charged attacks is in my considered opinion , a sad waste . At least allow charge attacks to be a form of 'Quick Melee' while not in 'Melee mode' would be a win-win situation.People who like the new combo system get to do their combo while those who prefer Charged Attacks may do so too. I, for one, dislike the new melee combos, which are at times very random and does very little to pique my interest in performing them at all. In terms of sustained damage combos might be the way to go, but it is also quite cumbersome to use (sometimes). Even in melee mode I simply find myself spamming 'E' again and again until some random combo shows up, so its no difference to me with the old melee system. 

Edited by Neah

Charge attacks don't require you to switch to melee mode to use it, costs no Energy, hits hard. Animations are simple yet project a 'powerful' stance.In the heat of battle by the time you switch to melee mode I can already be swiping away and charging up my 2nd / 3rd Charge attack already. 

To outright throw away charged attacks is in my considered opinion , a sad waste . At least allow charge attacks to be a form of 'Quick Melee' while not in 'Melee mode' would be a win-win situation.People who like the new combo system get to do their combo while those who prefer Charged Attacks may do so too. I, for one, dislike the new melee combos, which are at times very random and does very little to pique my interest in performing them at all. In terms of sustained damage combos might be the way to go, but it is also quite cumbersome to use (sometimes). Even in melee mode I simply find myself spamming 'E' again and again until some random combo shows up, so its no difference to me with the old melee system. 

+1

I liked charge attacks on my Kogake, Fragor and Jat Kittag. They were so much fun.

If they were to return, I'd like to see some serious balance given to them. No more Galatine-takes-all, and every weapon should be useable in both forms. If DE would return them in the state that they were, I'd rather not have them back.

Can imagine them all have a 2x multipler of you normal dmg, making 3.2x with killing blow,3.8x with focus energy, and 4.8x with corrupt charge.

Edited by BoomToon43