Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

"If only you knew my history and what I have been through...", Zarine mentally taunted the Frost Prime after he gave his small speech, which reeked of obnoxious pride to her (she never liked people to flaunt their pride around), "you would see something else other than a 'child'. Shame my history would most likely end my life if I were to say it out loud...". She continued to follow Halcyon, but smiled slightly at the thought of her days in the Old War when she mentally taunted him, with her fireteam running across the Origin System stalling the Sentient's advance and pushing them back, and having a rather happy time while they were doing it, in contrast to what she heard from Halcyon about his time as a Tenno. 

They arrived at a branch in the hallway, with two paths to go to. One path did not have a trail of blood, while another had. 

"We can split up, ", Zarine suggested, "you and Natalia go and follow the blood, while Larche and I will go the other path to see if we can find your targeted Grineer. While the blood may be a good indicator that he had went that path, it could also be a diversion.". 

Larche sighs at the decision. Splitting up sounded like a horrible idea. But Larche was confident that he and Zarine could handle Kar on their own. If not then Larche was sure he could handle Kar on his own. He waved his hand to the bloodless trail and told Zarine "Lead the way".

Edited by HalfLord

OOC:

(Uhhh, Halflord, did you read all of Renegade's post? Zarine is already following the trail without the blood.)

Then again, I did wrote that Larche is following Zarine when she went down the other path, so it should be fine this time (although I may need to be a bit more careful with accidental hijacking of other characters). 

As the Tenno followed the trail of blood it seemed to lessen as they continued following it for longer, eventually stopping at yet another fork.

As the Tenno followed the bloodless trail they would come to a four way intersection. On the hallway on the left was a sign written in Grineer.

<------  Fomorian Reactor Room

Zarine and Larche stopped at the intersection, and noticed a sign. Although Zarine could not decipher what the sign was saying, she could tell it would lead to somewhere quite important, as it is the only sign in that intersection, and there seems to be a warning sign attached to it. She wondered if they should investigate it, then remembered that she was the one that held all the information that they needed, and that taking unnecessary risks would endanger herself, her team, and the mission itself. 

With that thought, she turned to Larche, and spoke to him, "Find the nearest and safest extraction point on this ship. We already have taken quite a bit of delays with delivering the data, and staying for longer in this ship would increase the risk of us being caught.". 

"Got it.", Zarine replied after seeing a small waypoint that Larche had set, on her HUD. The waypoint indicated that the extraction point is a small distance away, so when she started to run to there, she called Bax, "Bax, please arrive at these coordinates I am sending you now.", and sent the coordinates to her cephalon so that she could drive the Liset to there to pick her up. 

Halcyon and Natalia stopped at the fork, Halcyon stepped forward, looking one way, then looking the other, then shrugging and looking at Natalia,

"Oh how lost you'd be without me." She said, stopping at his side and taking a single sniff, then pointingnto the right.

"Have I ever told you how freaky that is?" Halcyon asked, following the direction she pointed towards.

The room was lit by a dim light, leaving all the rotten gore, bones and mutilated bodies strewn around the room in full view. Kar stood in the middle of the room. Six people lay on the ground infront of him, four males and two females. They were all dressed in prison rags, and they all held a hole in their sides. They all writhed on the floor, screaming in pain. In one hand Kar held a little girl, her body infront his face as to prevent the Tenno from insta killing him with a sniper. In his other hand he held one of his harpoons, bloodied, to the girls throat. The girl was sobbing.

"Now now Tenno, play nice. You try anything, and all these poor, innocent people here die!"

Zarine waited around for a bit as Larche boarded his Liset. Then, her Liset came, and landed beside Larche's Liset. 

"Operator!", Bax called out into Zarine's HUD, "It's good to see you again!". 

"Always and forever still cheery, hmm?", Zarine smiled, then boarded her Liset, and took off towards the Lotus's command base, which Bax told Zarine that he had updated the new location of the Lotus's command base while she was away..