Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

The troopers and scorches at the front popped out of hiding and began firing. The Scorpians shot their hooks, only missing by a hair's width due to the sudden roll. the Lancers, still behind cover, began firing aswell. The Heavy Gunner and Ballistas at the rear also began firing. Sek also fired, a glaive shooting towards Zarine. Kar and the Heavy Heavy Gunner had already made it past the Grineer barricade and were stationed behind the rear Grineer, Kar holding his Mire in his hands.

Zarine caught her breath behind a small cover as the hooks just missed her, with the torrent of bullets, flames and rockets following the hooks very closely, and with some of them hitting the cover she was behind. 

"I definitely overestimated myself when I said I can go alone, ", she thought, "Next time, something more easier to re-accustom myself.". Moving her left arm up carefully, she created another Antimatter Drop floating above her left palm, concentrated to make the orb of antimatter more potent, then waited. Once there was a small lull in the shooting, she quickly got out of cover and shot the orb directly towards the group of Grineer, then quickly hid back before another hail of projectiles came towards where she just stood.

The orb was flying at a high velocity towards the group, and if the Grineer did not dodge out of the way quickly enough, they would suffer massive casualties. 

Halcyon sprinted over to Natalia, who was disinfecting the wound in her calf and looking at him sourly. He shrugged,

"Sorry, I didn't expect to be fired at constantly. Can you walk?" He asked, and she didn't answer, walking over to Beati's corpse and yanking the Glaive Prime out of her. She looked at him, and headed towards the hallway along with the Nova. Halcyon looked around for Larche, and followed Natalia, slower, as his shields regenerated to their massive quantities. Almost any bullet could deal only about 1 damage to it as a result of it's complexity, which also caused it to take forever to regenerate. He walked into the hallway where the Nova was, and saw Natalia behind cover. He leaned his shoulders back and puffed his chest out, looking like an idiot but preventing bullets from ricocheting towards the two behind the cover. He crouched, and looked at the Nova before drawing his Dex Furis and casting a snow globe. Being smaller than a normal snowglobe, it covered only them and the box they were hiding behind. Only powerfists or extreme strength guns would be able to get at them,(Herp Derp, also Butchers and Scorpions. Blast damage also goes through snow globes, and flame throwers. So also Bombards Napalms Hellions and Scorcht troopers. Also any Eximai around can ge through it.)

The blade hit, and knocked the assassin backwards, creating a huge scratch across it's armour, although it was left un-penetrated. At Kar's call, the assassin turned invisible again and made for the exit, but not before Kar's infested sword seemed to suddenly disappear.

It was fair attempt on the grineers part to cloak and escape but by the time he uncloaked he got marked on Larche's enemy detector. Knowing where the Grineer was going Larch simply pointed his boar prime at fleeing grineer and opened fire. Smiling as the pellets lacerated the fleeing grineer.

The first shotgun shot hit the assassin's back, cracking the armour. Knowing he was seen he broke into an all out sprint. The second shogun shot hit the assassin's back. Using his increased speed, he leaped through the doorway out of Larche's range. Out in the hallway, he quickly gave Kar back his Mire before going back into hiding,

As Zarine launched the anti matter projectile she was hit by a disruption blast by the assassin that had remained cloaked beside her. Originally planning on slicing her throat, the assassin recloaked and ran upon seeing the Mirage and Frost Prime.

Sek, upon seeing the Nova, and then the Frost Prime, ordered his troops to fall back. Sek moved forward to support the moving of his men, his gun having been reloaded with the Glaive that had bounced back to his hand after firing. The Bombard, Napalm and Heavy Gunners slowly made their way backwards, regardless of cover. The Elite Lancers would fire their weapons at the covered Tenno while quickly back pedalling to the rear covering, planning to do it again after reloading to escape down the hallway. The Scorpians and ballistas would make an all out dash to the corner hiding the next hallway during the firing. And during this firing the Troopers and Scorches would slowly moved towards the middle cover during the suppressive fire.

Kar watched the Tenno, a look of pure rage mixed with gritted metal teeth. However, these teeth grew to an evil smile as an idea struck him. He moved to the next hallway, accompanied by the Heavy Heavy Gunner, talking to someone over his comm.

Zarine's HUD suddenly got scrambled as the disruption blast hit her, making it more difficult to see things, as well as draining her Warframe's energy. Once the disruption period was over, she sat down behind the cover, allowing the energy to slowly regain itself, and asked the Frost Prime, "Do you have anything with you to heal sniper wounds? I got shot in the left shoulder, and it hurts to try and lift it above my chest.". Then, the orb of antimatter hit something, and it exploded, sending shrapnel around the general area of the blast, although Zarine was safe behind her cover.

"That's adorable." Halcyon grinned, "You got a wittle scratch didn't you?" He said, pressing a button on his shoulder to open up his void container. He pulled out an energy plate and three heal pads, dropping them on the ground. He looked around for Larche. Not seeing the Loki. He rubbed the top of his helm, and Natalia slapped his hand away.

"You'll get your fingers caught in the fan." She warned, putting an arm around him.

"Oooooh, scary, I'll be fine Natalia." He said, removing her arm from atop his shoulders. She shrugged, saddened. And walked back over to the Nova, sitting against the crate they used as cover.

"I sometimes wonder if I should play the Drarin card just to put people in place...", Zarine wondered after she heard the Frost Prime's little mocking about her injury. As the healing pads sent out bursts of healing energy to close her sniper wound, the Mirage named Natalia came and sat down right beside her, against the crate. Zarine looked at her for a moment, then greeted softly, "Hello.". 

"Hey, sorry about him. He can be, cold. But, that's my problem. You doing okay? What's your story? The short version of course. I can use something to pick me up about my failure with him." Natalia said, gesturing at the aloof Frost Prime.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Zarine quickly debated, in her mind, whether to actually tell her true story to Natalia, but remembering how the Scarlet Claw reacted against her when they knew that she was Drarin, she swiftly reconsidered that, and decided to spin up a small story. 

"I am fine for now, ", she replied to Natalia, then started spinning up her tale as convincingly as possible, hoping that she would not suspect, "And as for my story... it is... well... let us just say I was just a generic Tenno, although I am not good at stealth. I live around on Earth, and I received a message from the Lotus saying that there is a Fomorian near Earth, and asked for any Tenno on Earth to go and check it. And so, here I am.". 

The antimatter hit one of the two retreating Scorchs, killing him in the process, although the spreading shrapnel was stopped by the advanced armour of the remaining Grineer. sek gritted his teeth and tensed his muscles at the sight of the dead soldier, and had to painfully raise his palm to signal that he was dead, and that nothing could be done for him.

By now the Ballistas, the Bombard and the Napalm were at the next corridor. The Heavy Gunner stood, taking up position at the cross between the two hallways. The Lancers were behind the rear cover, reloading, along with the Scorpians. Sek, the troopers and the remaining scorch took up the middle cover.

Larche considered chasing after the assassin but decided against it. "The Shells are poisoned anyway. The Grineer is going to die soon". He checked his detector and notice a massive increase in targets. "Looks like the horde is coming". He noticed his other tenno in cover and figured it would be a good idea to hide. He then deployed a decoy in the middle of the Grineer's line of fire. Loki being the Warframe the Larche woke up in he had a truer mastery over it. It showed when he had his decoy move left and right dodging fire. Fooling the grineer into wasting their ammo and most importantly confirming their position.

Natalia glared at the Nova.

"I was judged, originally, for what I did, what I had to do. Now, I am different, I am Natalia, and I hate the smell of lies. You are keeping something from me, and I'm not sure what. But if it endangers me or Halcyon. I will tend you limb from limb. You don't have to tell me, but if I see a single toe, out of exactly what I'd expect from one of our fellow tenno..." She said, raising a hand to show a distinctly Valkyr like glowing claw. Her tone changed quickly, reverting to a playful Mirage once again.

"So, ready for another go? Halcyon is patient, but I'm afraid I'm just about opposite." She said, now cheerfully flicking bloody pieces if meat off her Glaive Prime.

Zarine was slightly worried about Natalia's sudden shift in tone, like a pendulum from threatening to cheerful. 

"If she knew I was Drarin... would she... after all, I had to do quite a few distasteful things during that war, not to mention that I have a group of very angry and invincible people now searching for me, thanks to someone sabotaging the Void shields... if she finds out, would I not see myself out alive? Maybe if I try to convince her...". 

Her mind set, she replied to Natalia, her tone firm, but with a slight hint of pleading, "Trust me, what I said is all true. You do not have to kill anyone for it."

Natalia shook her head, grinning,

"You don't have to lie further, in fact, it's probably hurting your case. Imagine this, you ever been in such extreme, excruciating, all consuming pain? to the point where you simply black out from it? If you have, good, if you haven't, I'm sure you can imagine it. So, going out like a light works the first, second, and maybe even the third time. But the fourth, you are all out of freebies. Instead of shutting off completely, your body, your mind, goes into a state of isolation. Hoping, pleading to itself, to find a way out. You strain every muscle. Tear every tendon, but alas, you will not get free, so you start to pay attention, not to see, of course, your grotesque form beyond healing sight, not to feel, too much pain, not even to taste, it's all the same, iron, blood in your mouth from biting yourself. So you turn to hearing, but the sound of drills, the harmony of saws, is too much as well. So finally, you turn to your least used sense. You look into it, seeing a world beyond, you notice how those around you feel, you notice how they fear, you notice how they lie. Then one day, you are saved, a knight, shining armor, gleaming weapons, all of it. Iron Skin protects him from harm, keeps him safe, and he sees you, he notices you, and he leaves you for dead, only after, visited by the shade of cold death, are you freed. You are changed, and yet that angel of death keeps you from his embrace, abstains from closeness. If anything, anything at all, were to come between you two, you would crush it, you would rip it. You would utterly remove it from existence, to get what you want, to feel like some one cares, so that I can feel loved..." Natalia said, her helmet deactivated, her face revealed, brown eyes staring into nothing as she finished, she looked at the Nova. "You don't have to tell me your secret, but know, that as long as you don't hurt him. As long as you don't betray us, I will accept you. He has compassion, and when he turns away, when he lets them live, and they pick up their gun to finish him, I am the one there, the one to end them, so I can understand doing what has to be done."

(Kinda long, and dark, I've probably been watching too much FullMetal Alchemist lately)

Edited by ultimatumcore

"Right...", Zarine thought as she heard Natalia's half-speech, half-threat, "I definitely should not share my past to her. I intend to live as long as I can, and sharing my past would be a surefire way of getting myself in a bad situation if she hates what I done in the Old War... betraying the Emperors... not to mention in that war, if she were to display such an emotion, she would be sent off for reconditioning, since she will be classified as a 'bad maverick'. At least, that would what they would say...". 

Her mind wandered off on that thought, until another burst fire brought her back to the Fomorian. She felt her left shoulder wound gone, and tested it to see if it was fully healed by moving it up to scratch her helmet. She felt no pain, and thus said to both Halcyon and Natalia, "We can go now.". She picked herself up, then took out her Burston, ready to move on. 

Natalia stood as well, reactivating her helm and looking at Halcyon. She looked down the hall for enemies, and proceeded slowly through the various covers made. Wary of enemies. Halcyon followed, Vectis loaded and in his hand. Looking at the Nova quizzically for a moment before moving on.

The Grineer were all behind cover reloading, save for the Heavy Gunner at the very back. Sek had managed to kill the moving decoy with two glaive shots from his Miter, with he promptly caught and reloaded again. He held out his hand and silently downed his fingers.

5. 4. 3. 2. 1!

At the last finger, all the Grineer jumped out at once, including the Scorpions, and they all attacked the Mirage together in the hopes of quickly bringing it down. Sek fired a Glaive at her legs, hoping to incapitate her.

Zarine followed Natalia and Halcyon through the hallways shortly after they left, covering their sides in case of an enemy flank, until suddenly, Zarine saw a ton of Grineer jump out.

"[size=2]Not today.[/size]", Zarine gritted under her teeth, casted a Worm Hole that would allow her to quickly teleport to Natalia, then entered it, instantly arriving near the Mirage's position just as the Grineer opened fire, hoping to perforate Natalia, and now Zarine as well. Zarine quickly grabbed her, then side jumped into the Worm Hole, teleporting back to where Zarine stood, and the Worm Hole shut down soon after, avoiding them a rather nasty death. 

"Next time, we go together.", she said to Natalia. 

Noticing the heavy gunner in the back Larche said to the other tenno over their comms "Be ready to fire at my position." He then switch teleported to the heavy grineer in the back. Larche essentially flanked the grineer now they are facing fire from two directions. He quickly activated Radial disarm and then opened fire on the surprised and unarmed grineer.

Natalia glared at the Nova,

"That won't always be possible, and Halcyon is still up there." She growled, anger, fear in her voice. She looked up as the bullets meant for her slammed into Halcyon, him having been directly behind her. He grunted, opening fire with his Ded Furis which leaped into his hands. The bullets slipped off his shields, flying and ricocheting around the room as he returned fire. Cutting the grineer in front of him down with extreme slash on a 44 Bullets Per Second gun. Natalia was worried, but knew Halcyon knew his limits, shown as he inched toward a crate for cover. The Glaive had hit his leg, punching through his shields. Destroying the shield projectors on his right leg and hitting the front bone of his calf(I know what it's called but don't feel like remembering it) he yanked it out, catching it as he turned to get behind a crate, dropping it to the ground to ensure it wouldn't return to the launcher.

(Are the glaives infected? That could be a problem.)

Zarine nodded back to indicate she heard Natalia, then saw a Heavy Gunner suddenly appear where the Loki's voice was coming from. She quickly rolled away from Natalia, then started firing her Burston at the Heavy Gunner while picking herself up to move in case the Heavy Gunner tried something. 

The Heavy Gunner was instantly killed by the Boltor fire, not being able to do anything to retaliate.

Halcyon's fire succeeded in killing the remaining scorch and two troopers. The last two troopers hide behind cover, reloading.

The Loki's radical disarm hit everyone in the rear, meaning the 6 lancers. After recovering from the initial stun, the rushed the Loki as the Scorpians sent out their grapples. Foot steps could be heard as the Bombard and Napalm were returning to the fight.

Sek was behind cover in the middle, cursing as his comrades were getting cut down without him being able to do anything about it. He opened the compartment at his hip, and brought out his secret weapon.

A glowing Glaive Prime

He loaded the Glaive into his Miter, waiting for the chance to fire.