Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

Sek was slammed into the wall, although he almost instantly regained his composure, back on the defensive. His armour held, but by a thread, leaving the area completely vulnerable.

Sek was slightly surprised as he new Tenno teleported in. He didn't let this surprise linger for more than a split second, and quickly changed his stance so he could react to any attacks by the Frost, or the Nova were she to try something.

Once Zarine was out from the other end, she saw Natalia frozen in a chunk of melting ice. She turned to look at Halcyon, who was duelling with another Grineer, then looked back to the Mirage. 

"​In-Tenno fighting during a mission, ", she thought as she took out her Bo, "punishable by death in that war. Halcyon is lucky to be living in this time period.". She readied her Bo, and did a quick smash at the chunk of ice, smashing it apart and freeing Natalia. 

Natalia shivered, her glowing claws fading as she landed, she stood, blinking a thank you to Zarine, watching Halcyon step towards Sek.

"Your armor is rent, your internals bleeding, if you wish to fight on, I will end you, but if you want to go, I will grant my worthy opponent the word of a Prime that you will not be killed by one of the tenno on this mission." Halcyon said, coming to a stop before Sek. He looked back at Zarine, an uncanny knowledge in his stance,

"I was, and am, alive in all time periods, if I was fighting Natalia, if I truly decided it was in the good of balance for her to die, she would be dead." He said, then looking back at Sek.

The shield bearer and the Grineer behind survived the boar shots. The commander was swiftly killed, although the Heavy Gunner survived through a mixture of range and her heavy armour. She moved towards the Loki, firing her Gorgon as the Shield Lancer and the Elite behind him moved forward aswell.

Sek looked at the Frost, weighing his options. He was injured, and his armour was damaged, and this Frost seemed to be too skilled for him to beat, even in a healthy state. And even if, by some miracle of the void, Sek beat the Frost, he was sure the other two Tenno present would rush him at the Prime's demise. Letting the Tenno escape would surely mean that they would continue to kill his brethren, but the same would happen if Sek were to die. Atleast if he survived, he could order his troops to safe locations and protect them further in the future.

Sek dropped his stance, and bowed at the Prime. "I thank you, Tenno of the Prime frame. You are the standing truth that the Tenno honour has not been lost entirely." He had not sheathed his weapon, and was still on the alert. Even if the Prime had given his word, he did not know if he could trust the others present. "If I am allowed, I wish to make one request."

Halcyon looked back at Zarine,

"He is not to be hurt, any attack against him will be an attack against me, and you will probably be able to tell how that will go." He said, them looking back at Sek as he stepped between Zarine's Burston and Sek.

"I can not grant you much more than the promise of freedom, if you were to attack another of the tenno, I will not blame them for fightin back, but what's your request?" He responded, sheathing his Dual Zorens.

"That Grineer is armed, and still has the capability to suddenly fight back, ", Zarine replied, starting to use hints of her old rank to exert authority, "I order you to step away from him, unless you want to incur injuries on yourself and jeopardise the mission's success.". She took a step forward towards Halcyon, still aiming her Burston at the Grineer and the Frost Prime. 

Halcyon bypassed grin and went to a full smile,

"That I can grant you, it would be my pleasure." He responded, turning and walking back to Natalia and Zarine, he gestured towards where Larche was, Natalia went first, eyeing Sek critically, Halcyon followed, but waited to see what the Nova would do.

"Natalia, would you happen to know where Kar is?" He asked, and she shrugged,

"Easily." She responded, leading the way. Halcyon heard Zarine's order and nearly laughed,

"You order me? I was created eons before you were conceived, the lotus herself sometimes does what I ask her to, you will find yourself in no position to order me around, this, grineer, is not an idiot, he knows he might be able to hurt one of us, but he knows he will die afterwards, his existence remains within the will of the balance, leave him be, and let's go, there are tenno suffering with the time we are wasting to talk about this."

Edited by ultimatumcore

As Zarine saw Halcyon walk away from her line of aim and back to Natalia, she continued to train her sights on the Grineer, but when Halcyon and Natalia started finding 'Kar' and moved away from her, Zarine back-pedalled away slowly, following them, but still training her sights at the Grineer. 

"Drop your weapons and slide them over, then we would leave you be.", she ordered the Grineer. 

Zarine aimed at the Grineer for a few more seconds after the sword was secured under the ice, before sprinting away to catch up to Halcyon and Natalia, answering Halcyon's statement about him being ordered around, when she was ordering him to step away from her line of fire, "Living long does not equal to having more experience.". 

"If you know what would make the Origin System better, ", Zarine replied, half-teaching the Frost Prime as well, "the first thing to do is to make sure that whatever you do is actually working towards that. What you did just then is almost throwing your life away, without affecting much of the Origin System, except for another dead Tenno. Have they not taught you that during training?". 

One grineer got lucky hiding behind his shield. His luck ended when Larche shot him through the gap in his shield. Larche dusted himself off and readied his boar there was still Kar to deal with. Larche turned the corner looking for the sadistic monstrosity.

"Well, look at the child teaching the eldest, Sek is an elite of the grineer, I have not been asked to kill him, that means the decision of his death and varying degrees of injury. And in all honesty, I am afraid I had to admit I wasn't completely trusting, and if I were to end, I would not be "just another dead tenno" I have legions of people with dealings of me still not completed, they would probably tear apart the solar system attempting to bring me back from the dead, if only to kill me themselves. What the Orokin taught me in training, was how to mindlessly kill, how to end lives, they forced me to be ruthless cold, I have had to leant all this myself, I have had to learn to embody balance on my own so that I can watch over the balance of the origin system. That's why my age is so important, because the young ones, the ones who forgot, they had to be taught this, but who taught your teachers? The lotus educated me, and I educated them. The other primes, they too have to be taught now, they went to sleep, they forgot. Only I remain of the Orokin primes. I tell you this not to boast or make you think me better or perfect, I tell you this in hopes that you can understand my decisions." Halcyon said, as they found Larche.