Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

The Elite barely managed to survive the blow, his previously undamaged armour being the only thing stopping him from death. He used all his strength to slide himself across the floor, grabbing his weapon, turning and firing the remaining bullets at Zarine as fast as he could.

Sek finally arrive at his quarters, wasting no time in opening his door and moving to his weapons that always hung on the far wall, ready to be picked up and used.

He first grabbed his Miter that he had kept since his first days as an Eviscerator, modded for damage, projectile speed, faster charge up time and the type of amo it fires. Glaives gathered from fallen enemies. Due to the special amo being fired, the Miter could only hold one Glaive at anytime, with the Glaive having to be caught by Sek after firing when it made it's return. He carried an additional three glaives on his right hip, as well as a single secret weapon, hidden in a small secure case, on his left hip.

He then moved to his second, and last, weapon in his arsenal. A melee weapon that had been with him for a long time, yet still not fully mastered. A weapon acquired after a fight with one of his toughest ever opponents. A blade of the ancients. A Dakra Prime.

For safety reasons, Sek always wore his combat armour, which was both designed to be light weight and maneuverable, while at the same time extremely durable.

Everything fully equipped, Sek left and locked his quarters once more, before making his way towards the soldiers he had sent after Kar.

Zarine saw the Elite Lancer suddenly slide off to grab his weapon, and reacted by placing herself in a defensive stance, and although it was just in time for her to block off most of the burst with her Bo, two bullets scratched her Warframe, slightly stunning her, but her body was unharmed. Once she was over the initial shock, she angled her Bo and swung upwards, smashing the Elite Lancer's weapon away again, then did a overhead smash towards his head, hoping to crack his skull open and bring him down for good. 

Zarine smiled as she saw the Elite Lancer take his last breath and die from the severe blow to his skull. 

"My skills have not dulled even after being in the Neural Sentry for so long.", she thought in her mind as she went back to the mainframe to re-strengthen the connection, and saw that the percentage has leapt to 85%. 

"Almost there.", she shouted to the other Tenno. 

Halcyon stopped wasting ammo, the Dex Furis doing minute damage, he wondered why for a moment before realizing they were mods for magnetic damage, he put them away, whirling towards Natalia with his Zorens as she brushed char off her warframe. He offered a hand,

"You really shouldn't do stuff like that." He said, and she shrugged, using. His hand to pull herself up,

"Does it make you worried?"

"Of course,"

"Good, that means you still have feelings for me." She grinned, reloading her guns expertly and outing them away, grabbing her Glaive prime and looking around. "The mainframe looks like you could us a snow globe," she said, and Halcyon shrugged, making his way across the room with a slide attack and landing next to the Nova,

"Well hello!" He said cheerily, placing a snow globe around the mainframe, noting the energy taken. Him being built toward power efficiency meant it only took about twelve energy to cast snow globe, and this advantage had forced him to drop Flow and two of his abilities to retain power strength and duration, now equipped only with Avalanche and Snow Globe, as well as the obvious mods to make himself heavily shielded and damage resistant, he had done his best with what he had, and now could take on armies. So he leaned casually against the mainframe, waiting for the Nova to respond.

"Hello.", Zarine greeted back softly and slightly nervously, glancing at the Snow Globe that just appeared around her, covering the mainframe, and at the Frost Prime. She tapped a small rhythm on her Bo with her fingers, while observing the percentage climb up to 93%. 

"It should take no more than a few minutes to finish getting the data we need.", she said to the Frost Prime, creating a single Null Star from her unarmed palm subconsciously, and shooting it off towards nowhere in particular, creating a small hole where it impacted. Then, she looked around to see the other two Tenno, and thought in her mind, "I am having first battle jitters again, am I?", thinking back to her first mission when she and her fireteam met up for the first time. 

Edited by Renegade343

"I could say yes, but I wouldn't exactly know why, I mean, you're safe inside and indestructible globe of ice, what's there to worry about? In fact, I kind of expected a Fomorian to be harder to take down, but I'm sure something's gonna appear right now to prove me wrong huh?" He asked, retrieving his Vectis and looking for someone to kill.

File: Project Corro

FOR AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY

Project Type: Genetic Research

Project Goal: The creation of “Super Soldiers” through the manipulation of technochyte.

Project History: Originally part of the Genetic Repair Research Program, headed by Tyl Regor, Project Corro spawned from the Grineer’s attempts at repairing their Genetic Degeneration using the strengthened and rapidly adapting genes of the Technochyte Virus. Original subjects quickly died from mutation or became infested, but early genetic samples showed signs of repair. Promise showing in the results, the project was split into its own branch, renamed to Project Corro, it was headed by Dr. Rek Taym and Kar Tiger.

The project continued for several years without positive results, until they came upon a breakthrough in the form of newly cloned troopers having survived the Technochyte. The troopers showed showed vastly increased strength, and were all viciously experimented on in order to discover how they survived, until they finally came up with the strand of Technochyte leading to their survival.

It was at this point that Kar was dieing, his genetic degeneration proving too much to bare. In desperation, he injected himself with the strand of the virus extracted from the troopers. It was later discovered that, upon entering his body, the virus instantly mutated into a more unstable strand that ravaged Kar’s body.

He lay on his death bed for months as the virus mutated him, which surprised all personnel, as Kar was only expected to last the space of three weeks due to degeneration prior to his injection of the virus.

By the end of it, Kar’s body was beyond recognition, a mutated product of the virus. His mind was damaged, driven to insanity. Kar was originally to be experimented on before executed, until it was discovered that, due to his experiences, he now possessed an advanced knowledge of the technochyte. And, due to this knowledge, advancement sky rocketed. Leading to the production of stable and highly advanced Grineer soldiers a simple two decades later.

Project Yields: The Specimens

The Affectus Allignment

E. Omega

Research Stations: Fomorian EH-157. Current Admiral, Sek Deran.

Research Station Gamme JE-246. Co-ordinates disclosed.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Kar stood in the hallway, his arms crossed and foot tapping as the four figures rushed towards him. He had grown impatient expecting the group to have reached him a long time again. They stood to attention before Kar.

Kar's twisted voice bared a hint of annoyance as he spoke. "Took you four long enough. I thought you all would be more eager to see your father after all this time." Kar sighed as he lowered his arms and stopped tapping his foot. "So, here is the situation. We have been visited by some, uninvited guests who insist on doing nothing but playing rough, ruining the fun for everyone. I would have disciplined them myself, but I fear there may be too many for me to bare, so waited, forever I might add, for you to get here. I'm also saddened to say that that some of our friends have fallen victims to their wrong play."

A twisted smile of bared, sharp metal teeth crossed his face. "Only more reason for them to be punished. So, shall we proceed?" Kar took the silence as a yes as he quickly proceeded to the mainframe room, the figures following closely behind.

As the percentage bar hit 98%, Zarine shouted out to the other Tenno, "Just a few more seconds! That file is rather large!", while gripping her Bo slightly tighter, partly for the comfort of the feel of the reinforced staff, but mostly for preparing herself for what might come through, or any surprises. 

Halcyon nodded to Zarine, acknowledging the remainder of the time. Natalia landed right in front of him, apparently dropping from the roof, She deactivated her helmet, the top and bottom parts of her mirage's face slotting back and the top and bottom opening up. She grinned at him, and he glared at her, gesturing at his weapons to say they were in a war zone, she shrugged, deactivating her helmet and walking to the edge of the snow globe, swinging her hips for him as he facepalmed. So they waited, and as the length of time increased, so did Halcyon's certainty that something bad was happening.

The sound of metal against metal. Clang. Clang. Clang. As he turned the corner, he smiled his smile of jagged metal teeth. "Let the fun begin"

Kar wore a round, orange helmet that covered all but his mouth and the surrounding area. A single large, robotic red light dominated his helmeted face, acting as his eye. His mouth was filled with dirty, sharp, jagged metal teeth. The skin around his mouth was yellow with red an black strains.

His armour was orange as well, as was the plating on his three prosthetic limbs. Both his legs and left arm were completely artificial, attached at the very top. They sported armour plating at all but the knee and elbow regions. Small strains of dark red flesh could be seen running through these gaps in the plating. The top of his left palm sported claws that could slide onto and attach themselves onto his prosthetic hand.

His right arm, however, was something else entirely. It was completely organic and uncovered. It was, however, completely infested, being more muscly in random places and sporting white, rough letter in place of skin.

He was currently holding a large, Evisorator type weapon, it was larger however and made to not fire sharp discs, but single heavy, jagged and disease covered Harpoons one at a time. On his hips and back he carried more of these Harpoons, five on each hip and ten on his back. Along with the Harpoons, on his back hung a sharpened bone attached with a small amount of infested tissue at the bottom, resembling a sword.

Kar fired his first, already loaded Harpoon straight at Zarine.

On his left walked a Napalm sized Grineer, sporting special, black armour with Grineer flags on either shoulder. He carried a Gorgon, being fed amo from a drum on his back. On his hips he carried a pair of power fists. On either side of the drum on his back, stuck out five small vials containing a bright red liquid.

His mask contained two semi circles, slanted at an angle towards each other. His mouth was a coloured in outline of ab angry sneer. The markings glowed red.

He immediately opened fire on Halcyon inside the globe

On his right walked someone familiar, wielding two long metal whips, the sharp double edges glowing a red hot. Carrying a Grineer made bow, quiver and arrows on her back. Beati.

She charged towards Natalia. Slashing her whips at her worth great skill and speed.

Larche, meanwhile, may have sensed someone behind him...

Zarine stood in her old battle stance when five heavily armoured and armed Grineer suddenly rushed into the room, just as the percentage reached 99%, letting her legs spread out a bit while holding her Bo in such a way to protect most of her chest and abdomen, as well as being ready to deflect projectiles if needed. Then, an orange-coloured Grineer, looking rather menacing with parts of his glowing, red flesh showing through gaps in the armour, shot a harpoon at her and the mainframe. She reacted by sidestepping to avoid the harpoon from impaling her, then swung her Bo upwards to hit the tail of the harpoon, making it tumble head over tails and hit the mainframe harmlessly with its shaft rather than its tip. She started kiting the orange-coloured Grineer while the harpoon clattered on the ground, now mostly harmless unless someone were to step on its diseased tip and get pierced by it. 

Kar laughed as Zarine began kitting him "Your an energetic one, arn't you? I like that." A twisted smile took shape "That energy can be channeled into your screams." Kar made no attempt to follow Zarine, and quickly back stepped whenever she got close, using his prosthetic legs to send himself far with a single spring.

He grabbed another Harpoon at his left hip with his prosthetic hand, inserting it with a click. He then took aim, charged the shot and fired.

(OOC: Forgot Kar's eye description in last post, adding now)

(OOC: So apparently, I just realised that internal thoughts are meant to be written in italics [or at least for this forum's RP section]. So, I will follow that rule.)

Zarine quickly assessed the situation in her mind as she dodge rolled another harpoon fired from the same Grineer. 

"That Grineer always leap away from me as soon as I close the distance. And those harpoons look very deadly against us, not to mention he takes a sadistic pleasure in seeing us fight, or imagining us tortured. That means I will have to do this...".

As soon as she got out of her dodge roll, she quickly casted Null Star, and ten small orbs of antimatter swirled around her. She shot out three of them towards the Grineer's legs, hoping to slice through its hydraulics and stop it from leaping around, and then slowly closed the distance, still kiting so that she would not get impaled by the sharp harpoons. 

According to some scientists who study evolution the creatures that lived the longest had the ability to detect danger. To know when predators are nearby or to know when a certain food or animal was poisonous. Tenno being the apex predators naturally have the highest ability to detect danger. Larche was no exception. His instincts said move and he did so. He quickly slashed behind him and then jumped back before confirming what was behind him.

Halcyon yawns for a moment, laughing silently at the grineer who thought it could shoot through a snow globe. Eating his laughs as the snow globe imploded, the heavy gunner dealing too much damage for it to take, he was nearly concerned for a moment before his his shields did there job, they were seeming much more resilient than normal shields as a result of deflecting the bullets instead of absorbing them, the problem with this was, that they sprayed bullets around the room. He quickly brought up his Dual Zorens, chopping the bullets into halves to ensure that the bullets wouldn't hit anyone else, he was too late, however, and saw one of the high caliber rounds hit Natalia in the calf, Natalia faltered an Halcyon lifted one had to place something like a small snow globe in front of her before she was hurt by the grineer, this meant he had to take a few more bullets to his shields and try as well sprayed around the room. He slid forward, now dogig instead of blocking, reaching for one of his Dex Furis as he went, intending to get up close and force feed a couple hundred bullets to the grineer.

Natalia winced as the bullet are through her small amount of shields and hit her leg. She crouched for a moment before looking up, seeing a wall of ice before her, about four feet tall, it gave her slight cover as she grabbed her Glaive and threw it over the wall, she stood and opened fire at the incoming Beati.

(OOC: So apparently, I just realised that internal thoughts are meant to be written in italics [or at least for this forum's RP section]. So, I will follow that rule.)

Zarine quickly assessed the situation in her mind as she dodge rolled another harpoon fired from the same Grineer.

"That Grineer always leap away from me as soon as I close the distance. And those harpoons look very deadly against us, not to mention he takes a sadistic pleasure in seeing us fight, or imagining us tortured. That means I will have to do this...".

As soon as she got out of her dodge roll, she quickly casted Null Star, and ten small orbs of antimatter swirled around her. She shot out three of them towards the Grineer's legs, hoping to slice through its hydraulics and stop it from leaping around, and then slowly closed the distance, still kiting so that she would not get impaled by the sharp harpoons.

Kar sprang forwards into the air, dropping in weapon before hand. Landing in front of Zarine, he grabbed his infested sword with his right hand and a harpoon with his left. He then began rushing towards Zarine, swiping and jabbing with his weapons. "Now, now, enough with the party tricks. Play properly!"

According to some scientists who study evolution the creatures that lived the longest had the ability to detect danger. To know when predators are nearby or to know when a certain food or animal was poisonous. Tenno being the apex predators naturally have the highest ability to detect danger. Larche was no exception. His instincts said move and he did so. He quickly slashed behind him and then jumped back before confirming what was behind him.

The Grineer behind him dodged with only a hair's width to save, his cloak fading as he dodged. The Grineer wielded twin, Sheevs. It's armour was black, and it's mask contained two circles near the top and a straight line near the bottom, the markings glowing grey. On its back it contained a Grineer made combo energy pack and cloaking device. The device on it's back glowed blue as it shot out a small disruption field in the hope to catch Larche in it.

Halcyon yawns for a moment, laughing silently at the grineer who thought it could shoot through a snow globe. Eating his laughs as the snow globe imploded, the heavy gunner dealing too much damage for it to take, he was nearly concerned for a moment before his his shields did there job, they were seeming much more resilient than normal shields as a result of deflecting the bullets instead of absorbing them, the problem with this was, that they sprayed bullets around the room. He quickly brought up his Dual Zorens, chopping the bullets into halves to ensure that the bullets wouldn't hit anyone else, he was too late, however, and saw one of the high caliber rounds hit Natalia in the calf, Natalia faltered an Halcyon lifted one had to place something like a small snow globe in front of her before she was hurt by the grineer, this meant he had to take a few more bullets to his shields and try as well sprayed around the room. He slid forward, now dogig instead of blocking, reaching for one of his Dex Furis as he went, intending to get up close and force feed a couple hundred bullets to the grineer.

Natalia winced as the bullet are through her small amount of shields and hit her leg. She crouched for a moment before looking up, seeing a wall of ice before her, about four feet tall, it gave her slight cover as she grabbed her Glaive and threw it over the wall, she stood and opened fire at the incoming Beati.

The large Grineer remained unfazed by the Furis fire, slowly beginning to move towards Halcyon as it's gun continued to roar.

Beati dodged the Glaive, hitting it with her whip as she did to disrupt it's path and force it to clatter uselessly to the ground on contact with a solid object. She continued to move around, either dodging the bullet or hitting them away once away from the cover of the ice wall. Beati continued to protect herself from Natalia's bullets, waiting for a break in the fire to make her move.

"Arrogant too.", Zarine thought as she dodged the few swipes and jabs the Grineer dealt towards her. She slowly backed away, deflecting and blocking the Grineer's aggressive swings and stabs, allowing herself to yield to it while analysing, in her mind, how to strike at him. Then, she saw that while the Grineer may have brute strength on his side, his technique of dual-wielding was rather sloppy, and so she formulated a quick plan, smiling as she played it out. 

"Just like training.", she thought, and waited until there was an opening in the Grineer's attacks. The Grineer jabbed again, and she quickly sidestepped to her left, avoiding the sword and the harpoon, then proceeded to swing her Bo towards his midsection, knowing that it would not miss, and hoping that it would wind him over. 

Zarine saw the harpoon fly above her head and off to somewhere, while she suddenly felt her Bo being grabbed. She looked down, and saw the Grineer grabbing the other end, trying to wrest it away from her. 

"Come on...", she thought as her grasp was slipping, and knew that based on brute force alone, the Grineer is going to win, "Unless..."

An idea sparked, and she proceeded with it. She created a Worm Hole, with one end right in front of the Grineer, and one end towards the mainframe. Then, she sprinted towards the Grineer, her hand sliding along the shaft of the Bo, and then kicked him through the portal, causing him to teleport towards the mainframe and lose his grip on the Bo, while the Worm Hole shut down soon after, and Zarine regained control of the Bo again. If the Grineer did not react in time, he would end up smashing his head on the mainframe, causing head trauma.