Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Melee Weapons With Platinum Should Give Stances

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

I think if you're putting a couple hundred platinum towards a melee weapon, it should either give you the uncommon stance, both stances, or just a 50/50 shot between the rare and uncommon stances. Most people she that weapon prices are too high, so this would alleviate some of this issue, since you get a worthwhile mod for the price.

We already get a slot, catalyst and we don't have to wait for it to build (12, 24, 72 hours it depends), to include the stance would be too much imo, besides weapons not including stance mods benefits the in game market.

Edited by Insulino

We already get a slot, catalyst and we don't have to wait for it to build (12, 24, 72 hours it depends), to include the stance would be too much imo, besides weapons not including stance mods benefits the in game market.

Ok, let's look at the Venka. 20 platinum for the catalyst, 6 for the slot, and a rush cost is 25-35. So you're telling me that the weapon alone is with 100 platinum? This would also benefit the trade market, since if you bought two or more of the same type of weapon, you'd have copies of the mods that you don't need. Then you can sell off the extra to people who built their weapon, or wanted the other stance.

And they did it with the mirage bundle, Silva and Aegis came with it's stance.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

I'll do a calculation for a comparison with foundry and the market. I'll use Amphis, assuming you have nothing, and nothing (0 resources) in your inventory at all.

Amphis costs 150p in the market.

Slot=6
Catalyst=20
Neurodes=20
Salvage=5
Circuits=12
Alloy=12
Credits=135 (Using the high roller credit bundle)
Rush=45

All of these sums up to 255p. 

So the market price is lower still. We don't need stances, the price is low enough already.

Okay maybe the credit roller is a bit of overkill. Minus it and you'll get 120p. Perhaps 30p lower than the market, but that still doesn't stop you from click spam each of the 4 resources plus the credit bundle and whatnot, and you still need to go to the foundry section to start crafting, as well as clicking rush.

Edited by KuroShiranui

As for Venka:

Venka=175

Slot=6

Catalyst=20

Gallium=40

Salvage=10

Plastids=50

Forma=20

Credits=105

Rush=35

Sum=286p

And even without the credit roller bundle it still costs 181p, 6 plat higher than the market.

You're really using all the market prices for it?

Gallium is extremely easy to get, not worth 20p unless you get like 20 with it.

Salvage is easier than gallium, most people have an abundance of it. It should be like 5p for 200

Plastids, see above.

Forma, this one is arguable. Is it with 20 to me, no. Should it cost the same as a catalyst or reactor, no. But it should still be a higher cost then the average material, since it's sometimes easier to get than orokin cells or argon crystals, but harder to get than salvage and rubedo and stuff.

Getting 100k credits in one sitting isn't remotely hard, and the platinum cost is way to high for the account of credits you get. It should be 100k per 5 platinum.

So, based on the ridiculous market prices, it seems like a good deal, but take into account that the cost for materials via platinum is already ludicrously high to begin with.

I'll do a calculation for a comparison with foundry and the market. I'll use Amphis, assuming you have nothing, and nothing (0 resources) in your inventory at all.

Amphis costs 150p in the market.

Slot=6
Catalyst=20
Neurodes=20
Salvage=5
Circuits=12
Alloy=12
Credits=135 (Using the high roller credit bundle)
Rush=45

All of these sums up to 255p. 

So the market price is lower still. We don't need stances, the price is low enough already.

Okay maybe the credit roller is a bit of overkill. Minus it and you'll get 120p. Perhaps 30p lower than the market, but that still doesn't stop you from click spam each of the 4 resources plus the credit bundle and whatnot, and you still need to go to the foundry section to start crafting, as well as clicking rush.

You'll get most the materials just by playing, especially the credits. Deducing half the materials and all of the credit costs puts it at 96. I support adding a stance to the melee weapon, buying a melee weapon for plat is a bad deal, there's a good reason few do it.

You know how easy to obtain it, and most people have the resources, so why bother buying from the market then? Give stances if buying at the market? You can obtain the stances from trades, maybe like 25-30 plat.

Actually, there is already a better implementation because i'm sure most people have enough resources to craft: Buy the bp, start crafting, rush, catalyst, and then trade some plat for stances. Still better than shelling out 150 plat that comes with a stance when everyone can obtain it through trades. This of course, is a bit more tedious.

Or you could just farm the stances.

And yes i'm using the market price to show you how ridiculously expensive it is. The only resource that's worth buying in the market besides Reactor/Catalyst/Forma I think is Oxium.

Offtopic: I don't know why but i've seen some players looking for Forma nowadays. Because I still have plenty of it, and I am actively using forma for foundry and polarizing. Has the Orokin Void drop rates been reduced??

Edited by KuroShiranui

You know how easy to obtain it, and most people have the resources, so why bother buying from the market then? Give stances if buying at the market? You can obtain the stances from trades, maybe like 25-30 plat.

Actually, there is already a better implementation because i'm sure most people have enough resources to craft: Buy the bp, start crafting, rush, catalyst, and then trade some plat for stances. Still better than shelling out 150 plat that comes with a stance when everyone can obtain it through trades. This of course, is a bit more tedious.

Or you could just farm the stances.

And yes i'm using the market price to show you how ridiculously expensive it is. The only resource that's worth buying in the market besides Reactor/Catalyst/Forma I think is Oxium.

Offtopic: I don't know why but i've seen some players looking for Forma nowadays. Because I still have plenty of it, and I am actively using forma for foundry and polarizing. Has the Orokin Void drop rates been reduced??

Unless the stance is Crimson Dervish, Gleaming Talon, Gnashing Payara, Eleventh Storm, Malicious Raptor, or one if the other super rate stances. Then you're looking at 60+ easy, over 100 for Raptor.

Warframes purchased with plat do not come with Aura mods.

But warframes don't only have one our two auras. The reason melee should is because you are severely limited in what your weapon is capable of without one. Frames on the other hand can do just fine without auras.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

Unless the stance is Crimson Dervish, Gleaming Talon, Gnashing Payara, Eleventh Storm, Malicious Raptor, or one if the other super rate stances. Then you're looking at 60+ easy, over 100 for Raptor.

Even +60 plat is lower than the market price when you combine with rush.

As For Raptor, since Venka costs 175p, and rushing it is 35p, then you'd be needing to pay 140p more to get even. So 100 is still low. But in all seriousness, i've never seen someone selling the stance for above 100 yet, the highest I see is 75 so far. 

But warframes don't only have one our two auras. The reason melee should is because you are severely limited in what your weapon is capable of without one. Frames on the other hand can do just fine without auras.

That's a biased opinion designed to support your argument. A melee weapon without a stance is just as effective as a warframe without an aura.

Even +60 plat is lower than the market price when you combine with rush.

As For Raptor, since Venka costs 175p, and rushing it is 35p, then you'd be needing to pay 140p more to get even. So 100 is still low. But in all seriousness, i've never seen someone selling the stance for above 100 yet, the highest I see is 75 so far.

On PS4 it's selling for over 100. And you got to remember, it comes with a slot and a catalyst too.

So, take the 6 for the slot, 35 for the rush, 20 for the catalyst. If you only paid for those you'd have paid 61, with the prices of the stance, you come out about the same. And you'd be better off on things like kestrel since it would come with gleaming talon, a mod that also goes for extremely high prices.