The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Secondary If You Dislike Angstrum?

GhostLacuna

Question

Note that i am not looking for what secondary would be best for t4 defence and such by the time i reach that meta of this game patch 15 will have come and gone.

Well im only rank 4(rank 5 after take the rank test later today) and since im not part of a clan i dont have access to much more then the standard blueprint weapons on the market.

Built the angstrum, hate the mechanics of it and want to hear your opinions about what secondary weapons i should build instead.

Right now i have a lev 30 lex (to slow) lev 30 Azani(last me 2 sec since i dont have the pistol mutation mod) and of course angstrum which does not suit my playstyle at all. 

of the ones i have used so far i liked the lex the best but its to slow for me to use when my primary runs low on ammo on when im downed.

I dont like to run and gun so much and tend to lean toward a more marksman playstyle with the latron or dread while i wait for paris and cernos to be built.

But i still have not played enough to know which secondary weapons work well to unlock the star-chart and which ones are just mastery fodder. 

Edited by GhostLacuna

I would recommend either of the revolvers, Vasto or Magnus. Both do decent damage, are fun to use, and the Magnus in particular has really good base crit and status chance.

Dual wield if you can for twice the fun ;)

I personally would advise against getting the highest-damage weapons earlier on in the game (Brakk, Marelok, Akbolto), as you may well find yourself bored or uninspired by subsequent weapons you use. Highest damage does not always equate to most fun.

Edited by Dualice

Don't know about you, but it's easier to get into a clan for Marelok, than to try for Despair or Brakk that sits behind RNG.

Took 600 hours before Despair dropped for me.  Brakk is still teasing me with 5/6 parts and zip on the barrel.

Without Clan access I'd go with Bolto or Ak version but Hikou or Kunai are both good if you can lead your target.

Took 600 hours before Despair dropped for me.  Brakk is still teasing me with 5/6 parts and zip on the barrel.

Without Clan access I'd go with Bolto or Ak version but Hikou or Kunai are both good if you can lead your target.

Guess I'm lucky then, 500++ and gotten all assassin's weapons :) hope you get the Brakk soon. But still prefer the Marelok over Brakk or Despair, Detron is ... meh. It is such a good gun for a marksman, love it.