Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Secondary If You Dislike Angstrum?

GhostLacuna

Question

Note that i am not looking for what secondary would be best for t4 defence and such by the time i reach that meta of this game patch 15 will have come and gone.

Well im only rank 4(rank 5 after take the rank test later today) and since im not part of a clan i dont have access to much more then the standard blueprint weapons on the market.

Built the angstrum, hate the mechanics of it and want to hear your opinions about what secondary weapons i should build instead.

Right now i have a lev 30 lex (to slow) lev 30 Azani(last me 2 sec since i dont have the pistol mutation mod) and of course angstrum which does not suit my playstyle at all. 

of the ones i have used so far i liked the lex the best but its to slow for me to use when my primary runs low on ammo on when im downed.

I dont like to run and gun so much and tend to lean toward a more marksman playstyle with the latron or dread while i wait for paris and cernos to be built.

But i still have not played enough to know which secondary weapons work well to unlock the star-chart and which ones are just mastery fodder. 

Edited by GhostLacuna

My recommendations for investigation on "good secondaries that aren't endgame+ superhax" would be:

AUTOMATICS

Twin Gremlins - Very high damage/very low rate of fire for automatics. Ammo efficient and powerful, though has bolt type projectiles.

Akstilleto - More accurate and slower firing than other machine pistols = easier to get rounds on target. Crazy fast reload gives sustained dakka when you need it.

Kunai (despair) - Good burst damage, innately silent, crazy fast reload, plus you get nifty holsters. Requires more aiming finesse than others because the projectiles have both travel and drop over range.

SEMI AUTOMATICS

Bolto/Akbolto - Honestly these are pretty much the same thing. Akbolto theoretically fires faster but Bolto with lethal torrent already shoots as fast as you can click. Solid damage, good magazine:reload times. Bolt projectiles.

Tysis - Can achieve over 100% status chance to fill a variety of tactical roles. Base damage type is highly desirable Corrosive. Bolt projectiles.

Akmagnus - High damage, high crits, high status chance. Reload is kind of a nuisance but the stopping power and accuracy are great.

@Kylecrafts: Yep you where right. What do you like about vasto?

@Reliant213: well when i used the mk1 kunai it was very lackluster but then again i had no mods so that is probably why.

@Currystador: will use them once i get high enough to farm for them.

@Un1337ninj4: hum never heard anyone talk about sicarus before even less to the prime version.  have to look it up :)

@Stormandreas i have the seer i feel it is terrible for me with that zoom.

@Ghostars: thanks another mention of kunai have to look at the regular version some more.

@Luther848: hum i have heard they are good, How is the travel time on them? nothing you can handle with some leading?

@robby2074: how much better is the prime version of lex from the standard version?

Despair is amazing, but if you are really looking for a big wave clearer and stuff, I highly recommend you the AKBronco Prime. It comes with 2 Vs, just put 3 or 4 Formas on it and you have a nuclear weapon. Seeker fits amazing on it, extreme punch through and bullets never loose strengh when going through somebody. AMAZING.

From the ones i´ve tried i would say, Kunai/Hikou (Hikou are a little bit better i think), AkStiletto, AkBoltos, Marelok, Twin Gremlins. Those are pretty good and easy to get. Marelok and AkBoltos probably the best of these.

Despair, Detron, Lex Prime and Brakk are better than the ones i mentioned before but they are much harder to get.

I would recomend you go for one of the weapons in the first line and then farm for one of the second.

Vasto, Magnus, Castanas and Furis seem good too but i never used them.

Edited by Nachino

I'm going to have to agree with Momaw on all counts, except Tysis because I don't have it.

I recommend Akbolto or even Bolto; with some work(Forma) you can get Soma fire power out of them. I only recently dusted mine off and started using them again. I wish I had never put them away.

Note that i am not looking for what secondary would be best for t4 defence and such by the time i reach that meta of this game patch 15 will have come and gone.

Well im only rank 4(rank 5 after take the rank test later today) and since im not part of a clan i dont have access to much more then the standard blueprint weapons on the market.

Built the angstrum, hate the mechanics of it and want to hear your opinions about what secondary weapons i should build instead.

Right now i have a lev 30 lex (to slow) lev 30 Azani(last me 2 sec since i dont have the pistol mutation mod) and of course angstrum which does not suit my playstyle at all. 

of the ones i have used so far i liked the lex the best but its to slow for me to use when my primary runs low on ammo on when im downed.

I dont like to run and gun so much and tend to lean toward a more marksman playstyle with the latron or dread while i wait for paris and cernos to be built.

But i still have not played enough to know which secondary weapons work well to unlock the star-chart and which ones are just mastery fodder.

Then the Marelok suites you very much. You will not be disappointed.

As i said before, you should probably go for Marelok or AkBolto right now.

Marelok is expensive but definitely worth it. It has high damage, good damage and a magazine of only 6 rounds, but a fast reload to compensate.

It´s a clan weapon but i´ll invite you to mine so you can get any weapons you want from there.

It´s very good at endgame against high level enemies too.

AkBolto is expensive too, but not as much as Marelok. It has high damage, high rate of fire, a big magazine (30 Rounds) and a good reload time, it´s projectiles, unlike Marelok have travel time but it can also hit enemies behind the one you just killed.

It´s very good at endgame aswell.

Hikou are good too, they are silent so if you like stealth you can take advantage of that.

Despair, Detron, Lex Prime and Brakk are better than the ones i mentioned before but they are much harder to get.

Edited by Nachino

Dual Vasto - Hits reasonably hard, decent magasine size, long reload though

Twin Gremlins - Grineer nail gun, automatic, Balanced damage across the 3 types, becomes wicked with RoF mods, John Woo reload.

Lex Prime - Hits hard, better than Lex, decent crits