Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

I received this error today, not sure what caused it as it was overnight.

Alert Received: 26/4/2013 4:34:57 AM
>> Not checking credit amount
>> Filter not met, aborting
Exception Occurred: System.NullReferenceException
>> Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
>> Source: WarframeAlerts
>> Stack Trace:    at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.RunThread()
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter

Okiesmokie: I had another suggestion. Since there is already a log, would it be possible to have an option that would clear the list automatically every X hours? It gets pretty cluttered, and some times I just go in there to double check what the active one is, and it's hard to find in all the expired entries.

Closing the Warframe Alert program through X button and opening a new one causes this saying to close the existing Warframe Alert program but creates an additional process called WarframeAlert.exe * 32. Does not happen when manually closing it through File>Exit method.

Closing the Warframe Alert program through X button and opening a new one causes this saying to close the existing Warframe Alert program but creates an additional process called WarframeAlert.exe * 32. Does not happen when manually closing it through File>Exit method.

Because when you close the program with X you in fact reduce it in the system tray (near clock)

It was a requested feature, and added i dont remember when ...

If you want to quit the program you have to go menu File >> Exit

@Okiesmokie: You didnt correct the alert mouseover timestamp in "Received at". Still using GMT (not a big deal, just for you to know ^^)

got this notice and wanted to know what it is about

Exception Occurred: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
>> Message: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
>> Source: mscorlib
>> Stack Trace:    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.RunThread()
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter

Another weird error in the debug.

Alert Received: 26/4/2013 6:04:53 PM
>> Filter not met, aborting
>> Stack Trace:    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter

I had a similar "less than zero" pop up notification when I woke up this morning.

>> Stack Trace:    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter
Edited by Arsonide

Because when you close the program with X you in fact reduce it in the system tray (near clock)

@Okiesmokie: You didnt correct the alert mouseover timestamp in "Received at". Still using GMT (not a big deal, just for you to know ^^)

I know that. I also said it created a NEW WarframeAlert.exe onto the process. Sometimes, I forget it and when I do, I have to waste time closing an additional process. I wanted to inform you of that case, not the X=/=Exit.

need refresh button

Refresh button for what?

I know that. I also said it created a NEW WarframeAlert.exe onto the process. Sometimes, I forget it and when I do, I have to waste time closing an additional process. I wanted to inform you of that case, not the X=/=Exit.

Thanks for noticing that, it should be fixed in this release.

Sorry, I thought I had corrected it already, it's fixed in this release.

People who are getting the "Less than Zero" exception, I need some more information to find out the cause of it.  If you could pay attention to the debug logs from this new version, it will help me determine what's causing the error.

New version: 1.4.2.5

Download Link: http://wfa.okiesmokie.ca/WarframeAlerts_v1.4.2.5.zip

I have updated the sound pack with the glaive sound, whenever it is added in this program. I believe you can add it manually by putting it in the configuration file, but I'm not positive.

Edited by Arsonide

Okies I have a suggestion.

The glaive bp came out today and is only obtainable from "?" Alerts and Im sure you wont be around to immediately update the program.

Add in a check for "All Blueprint" alerts, so as long as the alert contains the string "blueprint" it will detect and alert it through the program, it would be really unfortunate if the glaive bp alert came out immediately and people were to miss it.

The way I use the filters is

Filter 1: BPs that I do not have + Orokin

Filter 2: Every other BP

If implemented I would change Filter 2 to "everything containing blueprint string" since it works like "every other bp" but with new bps released, does not matter if they coincide with Filter 1.

Same thing could apply for artifact alerts in case there are new artifacts in the future.

Thanks!

Edited by chuuburg

One thing I have noted with the most recent version of this application is that half of the time I start it or open the settings it reorders my filters, often moving my 'credits' filter before the actual alerts I would prefer.  This behaviour is new in one of the last two updates.

Refresh button for what?

The app seems to update alerts only when the twitter feed updates. So when you start the app, and if the latest alert started a couple minutes earlier, you don't receive anything.

1. Add a function on start-up to retrieve all on-going alerts and display them.

2. Putting a manual refresh button to manually check if the app can connect to the internet or in case auto-updating doesn't work.

Edited by thefnordest

@Okiesmokie

i think u Should Put Glaive Bp in filter that Program and thanks ITs awesome !!

and i think the alternitaves Helmets should be written with their names Example : ( like Aurora Frost helmet ) but in the program it is Frost helmet

and thanks alot this program is just amazing !!