Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

How about adding a function to have the sound loop and pop up message remain until clicked off? Seems like I always miss the initial alert, and I don't want to have to check the log every time I walk away for a couple minutes.

Edited by Cakebatter

Just got a "false alert"

Energy syphon alert, and potato sound played.

Here are the debug window and settings:

Settings:

I think I may know the cause of this, thanks for reporting it.  I will take a look when I am back on my computer.

Error parsing tweet: Martialis (Mars): Weapons Researcher Located - 12h - 4500cr - Orokin Reactor
Exception Occurred: System.IO.IOException
>> Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
>> Source: System
>> Stack Trace:    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
   at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.RunThread()
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter

That is the last bit of message from debug when a pop up appear saying... dammit I should've write down what the pop up said

Is this happening right when you run the program?  It looks like it has to do with the reading of the RSS Feed to find currently running alerts.

Okiesmokie, you can add to the archive with the program a list of changes in .txt?

I can do this for the next version

hey how to uninstall?

Just delete the program, it never installs to begin with.

Is it possible I might be missing some prerequisites for this program to run properly, like some crazy version of a .NET framework or something everything seems to use nowadays?

I'm asking because the program keeps crashing at random

Well, "crashing", the tray icon disappears but the process is still running when I check task manager, but no alerts are showing up

And there's nothing out of the ordinary in the debug log, so I have no idea what might be causing it

If you were missing the .Net Framework, it wouldn't run at all.  I'm not really sure what you can do though, because "crashing at random" doesn't really tell me much xP

Edited by Okiesmokie

I think there may be a problem when the same type of alert already in the main list appears again.

There was a reactor alert already in my list from the day before and another showed up today.

There would be another window pop up stating and error or something, seems from the debug the program stopped working until i closed the error window.

Jumped from 3am to 9am.

Count: 5
0: Olympus (Mars): Enemy Operative Located - 30m - 2000cr
1: Olympus (Mars)
2:  Enemy Operative Located
3: 30
4: 2000
Alert Received: 9/5/2013 3:33:58 AM
>> Not checking credit amount
>> Filter not met, aborting
Error parsing tweet: Martialis (Mars): Weapons Researcher Located - 12h - 4500cr - Orokin Reactor
Exception Occurred: System.NullReferenceException
>> Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
>> Source: WarframeAlerts
>> Stack Trace:    at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.RunThread()
Thread Created
Connecting to Twitter
0: Numa (Saturn): Enemy Tech Discovered - 30m - 2000cr
1: Numa (Saturn)
2:  Enemy Tech Discovered
Alert Received: 9/5/2013 9:41:57 AM

Maybe a simple question, but when you check an item in the filter list, does it exclude the item or include it?

Include

I think there may be a problem when the same type of alert already in the main list appears again.

There was a reactor alert already in my list from the day before and another showed up today.

There would be another window pop up stating and error or something, seems from the debug the program stopped working until i closed the error window.

Jumped from 3am to 9am.

0: Olympus (Mars): Enemy Operative Located - 30m - 2000cr

1: Olympus (Mars)

2:  Enemy Operative Located

Alert Received: 9/5/2013 3:33:58 AM

Exception Occurred: System.NullReferenceException

>> Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

>> Source: WarframeAlerts

>> Stack Trace:    at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.RunThread()

Thread Created

Connecting to Twitter

0: Numa (Saturn): Enemy Tech Discovered - 30m - 2000cr

1: Numa (Saturn)

2:  Enemy Tech Discovered

Alert Received: 9/5/2013 9:41:57 AM

The error here is that they used 12h instead of the 720m that they normally used.

Include

The error here is that they used 12h instead of the 720m that they normally used.

I see, anyway the program stopped working when the error msg box popped up.

Will only work again after I have closed the msg box.

Edited by chuuburg

Is this happening right when you run the program?  It looks like it has to do with the reading of the RSS Feed to find currently running alerts.

It actually happened a while after the 12 hours tweet, when I noticed it's not reporting any alert (the 12 hours one + the next few alerts)

Now, Tenno, comrades. I am not one to complain, and in fact I like to prevent myself from doing so a few times, but as I attempt to use this Alert Program, it can not log me in despite the fact I am putting in the proper credentials. What could I be possibly doing wrong, or has a solution come up in the thread and I did not notice it?

Now, Tenno, comrades. I am not one to complain, and in fact I like to prevent myself from doing so a few times, but as I attempt to use this Alert Program, it can not log me in despite the fact I am putting in the proper credentials. What could I be possibly doing wrong, or has a solution come up in the thread and I did not notice it?

It has to be your user name, not email.

If it still doesn't work, I'd just make another twitter account for it.

So let me ask you OP, do i need a specific audio file config to play in your tool? My only hint is that the tool uses 1411kbps config for the audio file. I am trying to change the notification sound to something louder, but the software just never plays it.

Well for some reason my alert sound did not play, I was watching a movie full screen.

I only realised I missed the alert an hour ago when i closed my VLC player and the notification popped up on my taskbar.

Count: 6
0: Ares (Mars): Reprogram Turret Targeting - 51m - 2700cr - Ash Helmet (Blueprint)
1: Ares (Mars)
2:  Reprogram Turret Targeting
3: 51
4: 2700
5: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)
Alert Received: 10/5/2013 2:09:56 PM
>> Other Rewards Check
>> Length: 6
>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)
>> Checking For: Glaive
>> Checking For: Banshee Helmet
>> Checking For: Nyx Helmet
>> Checking For: Orokin Catalyst
>> Checking For: Orokin Reactor
>> Other Rewards Check
>> Length: 2
>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)
>> Checking For: Blueprint
>> Found
>> Higher priority filter found: [No Imp: 1, 0]
>> Filter met, sending alert
Tag: Ash_Helmet

Also, if possible pls add an extra empty line to separate each alert in the debug so we are able to know where each alert starts and end.

Edited by chuuburg

Launched my computer this morning, and app is auto-launched. And i just noticed i received a positive alert, no sound was played.

Here is the full debug since launch:

*********** START DEBUG: 10/05/2013 08:53:25 ***********Thread CreatedConnecting to TwitterCount: 50: Eligor (Europa): Detained Refugee Located - 36m - 2000cr1: Eligor (Europa)2:  Detained Refugee Located3: 364: 2000Alert Received: 10/05/2013 08:53:27>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 6999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 4999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter not met, abortingCount: 60: Ares (Mars): Reprogram Turret Targeting - 51m - 2700cr - Ash Helmet (Blueprint)1: Ares (Mars)2:  Reprogram Turret Targeting3: 514: 27005: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)Alert Received: 10/05/2013 08:53:27>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 2>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Orokin Catalyst>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 2>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Orokin Reactor>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 3>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Dagger Axe>> Checking For: Brokk Hammer>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 11>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Glaive>> Checking For: Paris>> Checking For: Plasma Sword>> Checking For: Pangolin>> Checking For: Jaw>> Checking For: Heat Sword>> Checking For: Heat Dagger>> Checking For: Dark Dagger>> Checking For: Ceramic Dagger>> Checking For: Dark Sword>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 13>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Banshee Helmet>> Checking For: Saryn Helmet>> Checking For: Volt Helmet>> Checking For: Trinity Helmet>> Checking For: Rhino Helmet>> Checking For: Ash Helmet>> Found>> Higher priority filter found: [Helmet: 4, 0]>> Not checking credit amount>> Other Rewards Check>> Length: 4>> Reward: Ash Helmet (Blueprint)>> Checking For: Steel Charge>> Checking For: Shotgun Scavenger>> Checking For: Enemy Radar>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Artifact: 5, 0]>> Checking credit amount: 2700 > 6999>> Success? False>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Large Credits: 6, -2]>> Checking credit amount: 2700 > 4999>> Success? False>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Medium Credits: 7, -3]>> Checking credit amount: 2700 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Small Credits: 8, -4]>> Filter met, sending alertTag: Ash_HelmetCount: 50: Phobos (Mars): Weapons Research Located - 41m - 2000cr1: Phobos (Mars)2:  Weapons Research Located3: 414: 2000Alert Received: 10/05/2013 09:03:56>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 6999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 4999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter not met, abortingCount: 50: V Prime (Venus): Enemy Sniper Located - 30m - 2000cr1: V Prime (Venus)2:  Enemy Sniper Located3: 304: 2000Alert Received: 10/05/2013 09:37:55>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 6999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 4999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter not met, abortingCount: 50: Bianca (Uranus): Foreign Emissary Located - 32m - 2000cr1: Bianca (Uranus)2:  Foreign Emissary Located3: 324: 2000Alert Received: 10/05/2013 10:00:56>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 6999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 4999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter not met, abortingCount: 50: Fossa (Venus): Enemy Intelligence Officer Located - 30m - 2000cr1: Fossa (Venus)2:  Enemy Intelligence Officer Located3: 304: 2000Alert Received: 10/05/2013 10:30:55>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 6999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 4999>> Success? False>> Checking credit amount: 2000 > 2999>> Success? False>> Filter not met, abortingCount: 50: Undine (Sedna): Upload Virus To Network - 36m - 9500cr1: Undine (Sedna)2:  Upload Virus To Network3: 364: 9500Alert Received: 10/05/2013 11:08:56>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Not checking credit amount>> Checking credit amount: 9500 > 6999>> Success? True>> Higher priority filter found: [Large Credits: 6, -2]>> Checking credit amount: 9500 > 4999>> Success? True>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Medium Credits: 7, -3]>> Checking credit amount: 9500 > 2999>> Success? True>> Filter met, but priority is not higher: [Small Credits: 8, -4]>> Filter met, sending alertTag: WARFRAME_Wiki

This may confirm what i reported a few days ago: when app is launched with windows, the sounds seem not to be played.

Edited by Tazmanyak

Well for some reason my alert sound did not play, I was watching a movie full screen.

I only realised I missed the alert an hour ago when i closed my VLC player and the notification popped up on my taskbar.

VLC player kind of mutes other programs for your movie experience, at least that's what it does on my computer.

Any chance we can filter based on missions we have or dont have? in settings, give a nested tree-style selection list breakig down on planets, then missions, where we check ones we have access to? 

Just wondering, as i've yet to clear  all missions, obviously.

Also, thanks alot, this program is massively appreciated.

Any chance we can filter based on missions we have or dont have? in settings, give a nested tree-style selection list breakig down on planets, then missions, where we check ones we have access to? 

Just wondering, as i've yet to clear  all missions, obviously.

Also, thanks alot, this program is massively appreciated.

I'm guessing this could be done as another filter setting, but it would need to be constantly changed as you unlock more missions.

Ah, thanks for this neat little program. My only critique is that it doesn't seem to have filters for either kind of potato. Granted, we can always add them, but it just seems incomplete, especially considering they're such sought after rewards.

For some reason the alert sound for orokin is played instead of plasma sword:

Count: 6
0: Epimetheus (Saturn): Upload Virus To Network - 30m - 4500cr - Plasma Sword (Blueprint)
1: Epimetheus (Saturn)
2:  Upload Virus To Network
4: 4500
5: Plasma Sword (Blueprint)
Alert Received: 2013/5/12 上午 09:08:56
>> Other Rewards Check
>> Length: 2
>> Reward: Plasma Sword (Blueprint)
>> Checking For: Ceramic Dagger