The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

Great job on this program sir. I haven't used it yet, but have an idea that may be useful to some people.

I personally don't have all the planets unlocked fully, and having an alert pop up for a planet that I have mostly locked still isn't really necessary.

As such, I would recommend adding a filter for the planet mentioned in the alerts.

I also think that what someone said earlier in the thread about using the official RSS as a fallback when/if the twitter feed goes down, may be a good idea as well, but instead of having it check every ten seconds and eating bandwidth and such, perhaps have it check every minute or two. If I understand correctly, you would probably be able to make the program shoot a reconnection attempt to twitter every minute or two as well.

For those too lazy to read this post, my suggestions are:

- planet filter

- use RSS as temporary fallback with reduced check frequency

Why do you need planet filter and why you feedbacking if you haven't used program yet?

Planets were supposed to be fully unlocked quite faster than time needed to see all alerts appear. That's why it could be considered unneeded work to add planets filter.

And you still have possibility to join someone with the alert unlocked. I do prefer knowing an orokin reactor alert is running in Eris, even if i dont have the system unlocked.

Planets were supposed to be fully unlocked quite faster than time needed to see all alerts appear. That's why it could be considered unneeded work to add planets filter.

And you still have possibility to join someone with the alert unlocked. I do prefer knowing an orokin reactor alert is running in Eris, even if i dont have the system unlocked.

You can adjust multiple filters for this purpose. Also, all alerts are appear randomly, that makes planet filter useless.

I just downloaded this and I am enjoying it. 

My only question is does this search for the new alt helms? I have read through the forums and have seen no mention of them. Looks as though it has been updated since they came out, and I have seen no mention of them in the forums or in the program window when they pop up.

Just wondering if they are acutually in the same filter as the other helms or if that is something that is yet to come.

I just downloaded this and I am enjoying it. 

My only question is does this search for the new alt helms? I have read through the forums and have seen no mention of them. Looks as though it has been updated since they came out, and I have seen no mention of them in the forums or in the program window when they pop up.

Just wondering if they are acutually in the same filter as the other helms or if that is something that is yet to come.

Fact is the game hasnt been updated for a long time.

But, hopefully, there is an "Others" field.

Add in there all the new stuff!

Like Nova Helm, Vauban Helm.

why does on the screenshoot the new helms appear, and on the latest version you gave they dont appear?

If you're talking about the first post screen, it's from a really outdated version.

When you select helm filters, you'll be alerted for both helms. If you want only one, add it to the "other" field.

I wrote an application today that takes the WarframeAlerts twitter feed and sends an email when a new alert is posted.  It's still in testing and I'll have a webpage up for those who want to use it.  In the mean time, anyone who wants to be alerted via email is welcome to send me a PM with their email address and I will add ya.

I already have that... its called Thunder Bird. You just set up RSS feed in that, and BANG. Done. lol

If you enter all the resources that you are interested in getting alerts about in the custom field they will show up, I am however unsure if you need to put (Resource) after it, I entered both versions.

Actually you only need to add (Resource) to the list.

AoFvkKI.png

Сделайте русская версия пожалуйста

For what? It's easy program and does not require extensive knowledge in English.

----------------------------------------------

Скажи мне, зачем она тебе на русском? Тебе хватит базовых знаний английского, которые в школе преподают. Тем более тебе всего лишь нужны оповещения об Алертах, чего там переводить?