Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Greatest Trade (Value Wise) I've Ever Done

(PSN)dukezap1

I bought Loki Prime for about 30 platinum and Rhino Prime for like 50p, from my understanding they are worth more I just know how to haggle.  Anyway the trading system in its current form is beyond simple to somewhat functional at best.  I can't wait for player hubs and them adding an auction house in said player hubs... as the way I see it that would make the most sense and give people reasons to hang out in player hubs.

Rhino Prime i sold for only 15 plat I never use trade so was happy sell it cheap 

I can't see the problem here.OP took the money, the guy took the mod. Nobody loss, everybody win. The trade market in this game never has a fixed price in the first place. Those who sell stuff for a low value like everybody else and claim themeselves "good". Well meh

This is why we need an auction house.

An action house wont stop people from either being clueless as to the value of something or actually being fine with paying such a high price.

If dude was happy to pay 100p for vigor then what ever tickles his pickle really. I probably wouldn't go that far. BUt then again some people would consider 20p for vigor a heinous and immoral ripoff. Its funny how the perceived value of an item differs from person to person hmmm?

What OP did was questionable but not scamming. By definition it would only be a scam if what the buyer received was different from the original deal. I always make it clear I'm willing to barter and normally offer a higher price then I'm happy with (which is how bartering works) and if the buyer chooses to not haggle down well thats all on them. I never go that high though. Either way you can dump on OP as much as you want its still not scamming. Just questionable.

Edit: In fact I bought vigor for 30p in trade and I don't feel ripped off in the slightest even though I'm aware to most people its worth way less then that. Did the guy I buy it off scam me? No. I was happy to pay that price and as such no harm was done. This is a more extreme case but the point still stands. OP should have informed the guy that he was paying a price not even in the ball park of reasonable and then toned things down a bit. But hey, not everyone is so considerate.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Guest guardian45

Hi guys,

those are pretty good comments about the post of someone trading/ selling their Vigor Mod and getting 100 Plat for it. My comment can go two ways about this.

1. ( This is the Speculation mind ) This person ripped off that person. (and then just close at that)

2. ( Me actually noticing this is a Maxed out Vigor Mod) (The person who is buying the mod must not have been able to obtain this Mod for a long time playing)( The person who is buying the mod already assured the person Selling, that -THIS TRADE IS NOT A JOKE-)

People...Please have an Open Mind before criticizing another. Assume all possibilities.

Also think of this, How much would you buy an Unranked Vigor vs. Maxed out Vigor??? Same goes for other MODs.

( I only have one Vigor and never came across another)

Edited by guardian45

Hi guys,

those are pretty good comments about the post of someone trading/ selling their Vigor Mod and getting 100 Plat for it. My comment can go two ways about this.

1. ( This is the Speculation mind ) This person ripped off that person. (and then just close at that)

2. ( Me actually noticing this is a Maxed out Vigor Mod) (The person who is buying the mod must not have been able to obtain this Mod for a long time playing)( The person who is buying the mod already assured the person Selling, that -THIS TRADE IS NOT A JOKE-)

People...Please have an Open Mind before criticizing another. Assume all possibilities.

Vigor is a nightmare mode mod card. Unless RNGesus really really hates you. You've got a 1/13 chance to get the one you want;

nightmare mode isn't even difficult if you're doing it on early planets.

As far as I'm concerned this guy is smug about what he did and he'll continue doing that.

Just read the 2nd post he makes. You'll realize that.

It's plain and simple. The buyer was misinformed and made a really poor purchasing decision because of that.

If you got caught pulling that S#&$ in real life trading standards would bust your &#!. Fortunately this is a video game and you're protected behind a computer screen.

God no.  An auction house will drive all prices down so far nothing will have value. 

This is not true. If an auction house gets implemented the availability of items would most likely be changed so that they bind to a player after x amount of times or uses so that the auction house does not get flooded and items can retain a somewhat constant value. 

What the OP did was very low and a problem that is always occurring. Having an auction house will prevent these types of players from repeating this situation and screwing other players over for their plat / items. Which is why in my opinion an auction house is definitely needed

Edit: typo'd

Edited by Sev7n

back in dec 2013, i maxed out a blind rage with a close to a thousand fusion cores i had stockpiled (still have around 1900 of em) and sold it for 650p. weren't as many maxed back then so i don't think he got ripped off.

TCD0ddA.jpg

Edited by angrykenji

I'm sorry. You're a massive jerk and a reason I hate the current trade system.

That's just putting it nicely.

Instead of educating the player you take advantage of them. You're part of the problem.

I hope whoever does this feels ashamed but a player who has bad morals I doubt this will ever cross their mind.

not to mention this is either real money or money that was earned through a lot of time.

Absolutely vial. Disgusting and down right immoral.

I also really mock your disastrous attempt at photoshop. You didn't even cover all of the names.

I can still figure out who you scammed.

Implying that markets and morality work in tandem.

Thats what governments and legislation are for: to bridge the gap between the 2.

Terrifying how your emotions take sway at what is simply one of many similarly natured trades occurring all the time.

You'd probably suffocate in anger dealing with trolls over at 4chan.

Instead of jumping at the temptation to flame me right back, do take this opportunity to fine tune your understanding of markets and morals.

I can't see the problem here.OP took the money, the guy took the mod. Nobody loss, everybody win. The trade market in this game never has a fixed price in the first place. Those who sell stuff for a low value like everybody else and claim themeselves "good". Well meh

It's just that the guy who bought that mod for 100 plat was most likely a new player, who had no idea how to handle plat. People are upset at the OP because he personifies exactly what is wrong with the trading system in this game, and does not care at all that he clearly took complete advantage of a new player, and put them out of a lot of plat.

It's just that the guy who bought that mod for 100 plat was most likely a new player, who had no idea how to handle plat. People are upset at the OP because he personifies exactly what is wrong with the trading system in this game, and does not care at all that he clearly took complete advantage of a new player, and put them out of a lot of plat.

And AH will make this game even more p2w unless De put a STRONG barrier to it like only being accesible if you are rank 8+

Haha, guys, I'm sorry but like.. isn't this a good representation of what actually happens in real life? I don't see how everyone can blame the guy for 'ripping off' the person. The buyer should be the one being reprimanded; he didn't think through his purchase and just accepted the price without probably much research. If he can't even invest his own time and effort in researching plat prizes and all that, how can you be sympathetic to how he wants to invest his plat accordingly? What the buyer is displaying is such ignorance that it's pitiful. He probably thinks a 100 plat is just some pocket change...

Furthermore, this is the internet; a place where the worse side of people can come out and flourish due to anonymity that the internet provides. He really should have been more careful.

I have to agree with this guy

OP asks for offer and the other player is offering 100p, OP then says deal and gets asked to invite. After that OP even asks Not a troll right? to which the buyer replies no I'm serious. So I really don't see anybody taking advantage of anybody when both parties clearly are happy with the trade.

i bought a max serration for 5 plat. 

i sold a glaive prime set for 400 plat. 

i sold a max deep freeze + max gunslinger for 150 plat

i gave away countless mods for free (latest: corrosive proj)

i got offered 18k for my primed chamber (DENIED)

Implying that markets and morality work in tandem.

Thats what governments and legislation are for: to bridge the gap between the 2.

Terrifying how your emotions take sway at what is simply one of many similarly natured trades occurring all the time.

You'd probably suffocate in anger dealing with trolls over at 4chan.

Instead of jumping at the temptation to flame me right back, do take this opportunity to fine tune your understanding of markets and morals.

Nice. I comment on the value of Vigor and I begin to explain why I disagree. I don't need to flame anybody and your assumptions of that really disappoint me. I won't continue to explain why I believe what i do. It's wasted on a forum and on the internet where people fail to comprehend it.