Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Good Dread Build

warpath514

Question

Finally got a orokin catalyst and plan on using it on my dread.

Mods i use for it are: Vital sense 100%, Point strike 100%, Split chamber 75% and serration 135%

I tend to use it for long range kills(example interception map on grineer shipyards i go to the highest point so i can snipe enemies) or to soften up groups of enemies before i cut into them with my nikana(helped by the fact 2 of my 3 frames are tanks).

So besides eagle eye what mods should i use for my dread

10 answers to this question

Well, you shouldn't be using Eagle Eye. Takes up a mod slot that can go to something else. I would recommend Speed Trigger and Shred for utility, and if you want a cheap damage boost without investing too heavily in Forma, expensive mods, etc, go with Thunderbolt. However, if your goal is "softening up" as opposed to "eviscerating ", you really should look at something else.

Use shred, seriously with bows fire rate and punch through are your best friends.

Bows have innate punch through anyway.

At lower levels, yeah its great to use a Shred. But when you get above level 60 or so, You need every slot you can get for damages.

Bows already have innate punch through on charged shots.

Speed Trigger is enough.

True, though punch through has limits, with single shot weapons every shot counts and with extra punch through you can pretty much shoot through walls and whole groups of enemies. It's more of a personal preference on damage vs utility as I'm not good at min-maxing.

Bows already have innate punch through on charged shots.

Speed Trigger is enough.

Indeed. If you dont have the mods to max out damages, Speed trigger will be extremely useful for larger numbers of targets. In fact, till things get really tough, Speed Trigger can make more difference than it may seem.

When working with limited points (no-little forma and/or no catalyst) I would drop Split Chamber to get a higher consistent damage, by installing elementals. 

I also consider Speed Trigger to be essential to any good bow build.